+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello,
Happy Holidays!
I have a question that bothers me all the time. My mom is the principal applicant and her dependent is my dad. My mom is here in Canada thru Super Visa. My dad is a worker in Kuwait. They are both Filipino citizens . During the application process, my dad decided to go back to the Philippines for good. My question is do I need to update the IRCC about the dependent change of addres? And How? They are waiting for PPR. Just in case PPR arrives can my dad submit his passport to Manila VFS. Thank you

billly

Dec 22, 2018
Was anyone here asked for biometrics? My parents are 68 and 67. The biometric info page of CIC says that if you are between 14-79, you have to give biometrics. They gave biometrics before for their supervisas. Is there a place inside Canada where they can go give their biometric if they are required. They are here visiting me on supervisa but their LVO is London. Pakistani nationals.

Reactions: katewilson76

Inmate

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
06-04-2020
Was anyone here asked for biometrics? My parents are 68 and 67. The biometric info page of CIC says that if you are between 14-79, you have to give biometrics. They gave biometrics before for their supervisas. Is there a place inside Canada where they can go give their biometric if they are required. They are here visiting me on supervisa but their LVO is London. Pakistani nationals.
Yep, they sent us a request to pay in october for futur biometrics test (lots before we've received AOR). They said they will send later instructions avoir that, and that biometrics test must ne provide for all application since +/- August, 2018.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hi, Is your application also in Accra?
  1. @ BeeA, just update. I have received medical request and pre-arrival service letter for my mother. Not police report request yet. ECAS now changed to in process. Any update from your side. Her application was received on April 11,2018.

Daisy2018

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Hi all, happy holidays!
does anyone know when the 2019 interest form will be available?
Me and my husband will be sponsoring my mother together, do we have to be married for all the tax years to sponsor together?
thank you!

dsvrk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Toronto
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Happy Holidays everyone..
Anyone here who have received their AOR but nothing since then? I haven't received Sponsor Approval either. I did miss a document and they duly asked me to mail it, which I did.

I feel it has to do with my status now. I sent my documents back in April and in May I moved to the US as the company I work for had an opportunity there (Temp Assignment). Its a Canadian company and the team I report to are in Canada. I included this as a letter while sending the missed document.

I read a post in this forum that said it was a MUST to be in Canada to qualify as a sponsor. How much of it holds good in my current state?

dsvrk

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
Toronto
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
oh wait. i see a new line on the ECAS:

We started processing your application on November 25, 2018.
  1. We sent you a letter on December 11, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
So, just like someone else in this group, I have a correspondence through a letter.

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Happy Holidays everyone..
Anyone here who have received their AOR but nothing since then? I haven't received Sponsor Approval either. I did miss a document and they duly asked me to mail it, which I did.

I feel it has to do with my status now. I sent my documents back in April and in May I moved to the US as the company I work for had an opportunity there (Temp Assignment). Its a Canadian company and the team I report to are in Canada. I included this as a letter while sending the missed document.

I read a post in this forum that said it was a MUST to be in Canada to qualify as a sponsor. How much of it holds good in my current state?
I am in the same boat as you. All we can do is wait and see I guess.

shadih

Apr 29, 2018
Hi,

The last communication for my mom file was asking to provide PCC and permanent resident fee. which I had time till yesterday. They said provide scanned document so I email back the money receipt and scanned PCC. I got an email back two hours later that they received the permanent resident fee but nothing about PCC.

I was reading this forum today and got worried when I see some of you uploaded PCC in ECAS? whew is that? they did not mention anything about uploading?

what will be the next step? should I do any follow up after holidays? ( The visa office is OTTAWA)

shadih

Apr 29, 2018
not really, depends on medical results, how fast her background will be checked but lets hope ;)

country ? which LVO - visa office
So updates on my Mom files as mentioned above:

request for PCC and permanent resident fee on Nov 23rd. I sent them on Dec 20th.

Is it the last stage now? I was looking at the excel database and think the most wait time from this point is about 2 months. correct?

zfsajid

Dec 7, 2018
PCC and Medical test report submitted to Ottawa VO on Nov 22 and also RPRF paid on the same day. Any idea how long does it take to get PPR?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Good point RanjithP. There is no SIN required for GcKey account.

neeti2090: Your application won't show up automatically on your GcKey/MyCiC account. You need to link your application to your online account. Make sure you create CIC account (NOT CRA).

Technically speaking, you really do not need to do anything after receiving AOR. ECAS will do the job to check sponsorship approval. After you get SA (sponsorship approval), then MyCIC/GCKey could come in handy.
Thank you so much for the info. I tried to link MyCIC/GC key account today but was unsuccessful even after 4 tries. It says Max 5 tries per day.Will try again tomorrow. Even read on the excel sheet that linking application is the most trickiest part.
Was anyone successful linking on the first few tries?
Also I have not created an account for my father who is the Principal Applicant. Is it compulsory to create one for him or I can track status from My CIC/Gc key (Sponsor) account after linking application?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
oh wait. i see a new line on the ECAS:

We started processing your application on November 25, 2018.
  1. We sent you a letter on December 11, 2018. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
So, just like someone else in this group, I have a correspondence through a letter.
Yep, I am in the same boat, my letter was Oct 22, I uploaded document to CIC account and haven't heard back since.....