+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Friends, it has been more than a week that I received AOR in email. I checked on ECAS and the status shows Application Received. However I check Gc key account for my access canada and the application is not displayed there. Also , should we create a gckey account for the Principal applicant(my father)? I tried to create but it asks for SIN number.
Please let me know what should I do next after receiving AOR.
Cic gc key account does not require sin. Are you by any chance trying to create a cra account by accident? Use the below link and follow the steps - I doubt it will ask for sin.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=796&top=23

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Friends, it has been more than a week that I received AOR in email. I checked on ECAS and the status shows Application Received. However I check Gc key account for my access canada and the application is not displayed there. Also , should we create a gckey account for the Principal applicant(my father)? I tried to create but it asks for SIN number.
Please let me know what should I do next after receiving AOR.
Cic gc key account does not require sin. Are you by any chance trying to create a cra account by accident? Use the below link and follow the steps - I doubt it will ask for sin.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=796&top=23
Good point RanjithP. There is no SIN required for GcKey account.

neeti2090: Your application won't show up automatically on your GcKey/MyCiC account. You need to link your application to your online account. Make sure you create CIC account (NOT CRA).

Technically speaking, you really do not need to do anything after receiving AOR. ECAS will do the job to check sponsorship approval. After you get SA (sponsorship approval), then MyCIC/GCKey could come in handy.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Good point RanjithP. There is no SIN required for GcKey account.

neeti2090: Your application won't show up automatically on your GcKey/MyCiC account. You need to link your application to your online account. Make sure you create CIC account (NOT CRA).

Technically speaking, you really do not need to do anything after receiving AOR. ECAS will do the job to check sponsorship approval. After you get SA (sponsorship approval), then MyCIC/GCKey could come in handy.
True...having the GCKey/linking the file or not won't speed up the process at all,

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
Hi ,
I have a question I try to submit the Use of Representative form to Ankara office through the IRCC webform , but I didn't receive any confirmation email, I try 3 times, is that normal? because any time I use the webform for Ottawa I received the automated confirmation email right away.

Please advise which step I missing or doing wrong?
thank you

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi ,
I have a question I try to submit the Use of Representative form to Ankara office through the IRCC webform , but I didn't receive any confirmation email, I try 3 times, is that normal? because any time I use the webform for Ottawa I received the automated confirmation email right away.

Please advise which step I missing or doing wrong?
thank you
Not sure about Ankara, but for Ottawa, I received the confirmation email right after the submission, and got the approval/missing info email in the next business day,

Reactions: Tan Tan

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello everyone, I need your ideas on this. My mother's permanent residence application is being processed in Accra. Today (December 20, 2018), I received medical request together with pre-arrival services. No request for a police report and background check shows: your application is in process. Can anyone tell me what this means and what to expect next? Thank you all.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hello everyone, I need your ideas on this. My mother's permanent residence application is being processed in Accra. Today (December 20, 2018), I received medical request together with pre-arrival services. No request for a police report and background check shows: your application is in process. Can anyone tell me what this means and what to expect next? Thank you all.
Usually pcc request comes within 2 weeks of medical. Sometimes these come together but varies between visa offices.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
May I ask when you got your AOR?

yamprak

Dec 20, 2018
I thought of sharing this information as it can be useful for someone.

I received my in-laws COPR letter or passport request today. I was given both option of submitting my in-laws passport either through VFS or to CPC Canada.

Apart from checking at the forum, I also spoke to IRCC Contact Center to an agent. They confirmed that I can submit my father-in-laws passport in India and Mother-in-law's passport in Canada (since she is here).

Note - My Mother-in-law will not get the PR before my father -in-law lands in Canada (since he is the primary applicant). You can only get the PR, when you land with the primary applicant or after they have landed.

Hopefully, it may be helpful to someone seeking more information
Mine has exactly the same situation as yours and as suggested my father-in-law submitted passport in India and my mother-in-law submitted in Canada on Dec 8th. Just submitted the passports with a cover letter explaining the reason for submitting in Canada.
Haven't heard anything yet. Please let me know if this is within the timeline or we should already be getting the passports back.

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
Updates on my mom's application:

Line 85
LVO - Ottawa
Medical Request - 10/19/2018
Death Certificate request (for my dad) - 10/30/2018
Medical Done - 11/06/2018
Police Certificate Request - 12/07/2018
Pre-arrival Services Letter - 12/19/2018

No PPR yet but my mom's ecas shows "Decision Made" since yesterday.

Happy holidays everyone!

Reactions: YULIA-2016