+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Me too, but I don't think I'm on the SS.
Sponsoring my mother
COB: Venezuela
Province QC
Invitation rcvd 31/07/2018
App rcvd 11/09/2018
AOR rcvd 03/12/2018
Even iam not on the SS
application received September 7th
documents requested on Nove 24th
AOR received on Dec 3rd
application linked already few days back

Reactions: YULIA-2016

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Somehow I have a different opinion.....you have to be permanent resident to sponsor doesn't mean that you have to be permanent resident for all the three years. There is a difference between Canadian resident from a tax filing perspective and permanent residence status in canada.

If you were on a valid status and Canadian resident for say 2 out of three taxation years and have necessary income you are still allowed to sponsor (if you are permanent resident at the time of sponsoring)

Above is what I think and how I read the eligibility guidelines but I don't mind being corrected
I think you have a valid point here. However, if I may ask for example, a work permit holder who has been working in Canada for 2 years and of course has been filing Tax return for 2 years. If he becomes PR on the November of this year (the 3rd year), then according to you, he will be able to sponsor his parents literally in Jan 2019? If this is true, I would tell a lot of my friends about this and they would be really interested and would then be eligible to sponsor their parents/grandparents then?
So I am very interested to wait for other senior members here to shred some lights on this matter?

Last edited:

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Hi guys,

I recently had medical done for my parent and recieved a call from the doctor to come back for a follow up. I am worried as to why i have been called. Is this something i should be worried about?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
not yet but my application received on sep 7th 2018
finally iam able to link application and its showing my dad file#
havnt received any email with AOR
Were you able to check status of your application on ecas? I still cannot check the status. What fields did you search by?

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
I think you have a valid point here. However, if I may ask for example, a work permit holder who has been working in Canada for 2 years and of course has been filing Tax return for 2 years. If he becomes PR on the November of this year (the 3rd year), then according to you, he will be able to sponsor his parents literally in Jan 2019? If this is true, I would tell a lot of my friends about this and they would be really interested and would then be eligible to sponsor their parents/grandparents then?
So I am very interested to wait for other senior members here to shred some lights on this matter?
There is nothing I read so far which will prevent a person who is permanent resident even on 31st Dec to sponsor the parents in Jan as long as he has 3 years of tax returns and was on a valid status in canada for the past 3 years.

I would also like other to chime in

Reactions: babybenz

harry1985

Jul 21, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding parents sponsorship. For the total family member for me its myself, my wife and my mother and father. so total members are 4. but i got married last year in May, do my family members be counted as 3 for years before 2017 for minimum income requirement? or it will be still counted as 4 even my wife was not there for year 2016 and 2015. for eg.
Income for 2015 based on 3 family members
income for 2016 based on 3 family members
income for 2017 based on 4 family members.
is this how it will work??
please let me know.
Thank you!!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi guys,

I recently had medical done for my parent and recieved a call from the doctor to come back for a follow up. I am worried as to why i have been called. Is this something i should be worried about?
looks like some test is not good, he can ask to repeat

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
That is correct. Resident who have filed their income tax return while on work permit, study permit also qualify if they meet LICO

Reactions: katewilson76

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Last edited:

nirav870

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th june
AOR Received.
24th oct
Med's Request
24th december
Med's Done....
29th december
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 december
VISA ISSUED...
wish god will give in feb'14
Could anyone share their thoughts on following?

(1) I've received AOR, my parents are coming to Canada in few days, should they bring PCC along and I can upload when CIC requests?

(2) When they receive Medical request, we can get it done in Canada I believe, however what about PPR? WHERE would we be sending passports? I mean can't send to NDVO in India for sure.

Appreciate your thoughts!

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018

(1) I've received AOR, my parents are coming to Canada in few days, should they bring PCC along and I can upload when CIC requests?

(2) When they receive Medical request, we can get it done in Canada I believe, however what about PPR? WHERE would we be sending passports? I mean can't send to NDVO in India for sure.

You can get the medicals done in Canada and also apply for a PCC through one of the BLS location in Canada. As for the passports, you will get instructions at a future date but I remember someone mentioning that you can send your passport to Ottawa but you will need to confirm that.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

you can update the residential address from India to Canada, and by default your PPR will be asked to send to Ottawa.

hp5gnr

Oct 27, 2015
Yesterday (Dec 3rd) I got AOR. My application was received on Sept 7th. (They didn't asked for additional docs)

I have one question, so now I have got AOR does that mean all the submitted docs are correct and they won't ask for additional docs?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Yesterday (Dec 3rd) I got AOR. My application was received on Sept 7th. (They didn't asked for additional docs)

I have one question, so now I have got AOR does that mean all the submitted docs are correct and they won't ask for additional docs?
they will still