First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Yulia,

My parents there Medical’s done on 16th nov. I have not heard anything from CIC. ECAS status and MyCIC still shows old status. Doctors office confirmed that they had sent all reports.
Kindly let me know if you have an idea how long does it take for medical to be done. Also, there might be issues with my parents health. If they see issues, how long do they take to make decision?
i was waiting my result 3 weeks :rolleyes:

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hi all, I have a specific question :
My parents received their visa as permanent residents recently and we're planning their arrival... their visas expire on same day as their passports. My question is: how close to the expiry date of their visa and passports can they enter Canada ? Is there a certain number of days before expiry date that IRCC or CBSA mandates? For example a month before the passport expires...
There is no requirement. They can arrive a day before their passports/visa expire. However things happen: flights get cancelled or delayed, people get sick and have to postpone their travel plans etc etc, so I'd suggest to make sure that your parents land as soon as possible. They can go back to their country if they need to finish somethig there, of course.

benel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
There is no requirement. They can arrive a day before their passports/visa expire. However things happen: flights get cancelled or delayed, people get sick and have to postpone their travel plans etc etc, so I'd suggest to make sure that your parents land as soon as possible. They can go back to their country if they need to finish somethig there, of course.
of course things could happen...we won't wait until last moment for sure.

I asked cos I read somewhere that people "visiting" Canada must have a valid passport until at least 1 day after their "departure date"...and things of this sort, so I was wondering if there are any restrictions for an "immigrant visa" specifically in our particular case

Tgill

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
23-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
got IN PROCESS -7 NOV and DM -29 nov
LANDED..........
soon
@YULIA-2016
process complete
parents get their passport back with visa on it on december 3

SPONSORMOM77

Jun 4, 2018
I already got the request for medical and police certificate but never got an email with instructions to link the paper application to the online account. Can I still link it without an email? Thanks!

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
I already got the request for medical and police certificate but never got an email with instructions to link the paper application to the online account. Can I still link it without an email? Thanks!
You dont need an email to link your application. You can simply do it now

Reactions: SPONSORMOM77

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi all, I have a specific question :
My parents received their visa as permanent residents recently and we're planning their arrival... their visas expire on same day as their passports. My question is: how close to the expiry date of their visa and passports can they enter Canada ? Is there a certain number of days before expiry date that IRCC or CBSA mandates? For example a month before the passport expires...
You have the right to land in Canada till to the last day of your COPR limit and you must have valid passport on date of landing.

Keep in mind that you have to land before your COPR expires, otherwise your visa will become invalid.

Good Luck

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
You MUST be Permanent resident or Citizen of Canada in order to sponsor for your parents.
As such, any income that you earned BEFORE you become Permanent residents will not count
You have just become Permanent resident in 2017 so your Tax return for 2017 count.
However, you MUST meet 3 consecutive years income requirement immediate before your application, which mean, you will be eligible to sponsor your parents in 2020 if your total income for 2017 + 2018 + 2019 meet the requirement each and every year respectively. This income requirement is updated every year on the IRCC website
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
The above Guide will also show you how to calculate your family size and, how to determine if your siblings are eligible or not.
But to cut short, if you meet the following criteria:
1/ You are single: Not married and/or No common law partner
2/ You have no kids of your own
3/ All of your siblings are NOT under 22 years old
4/ All of your siblings are NOT dependent on your parents

---> Your family size which is used to determine the income requirement is 3. But let's say, you are married in 2019 and have a baby in 2020, your family size would then be 5.
Hope this helps
Somehow I have a different opinion.....you have to be permanent resident to sponsor doesn't mean that you have to be permanent resident for all the three years. There is a difference between Canadian resident from a tax filing perspective and permanent residence status in canada.

If you were on a valid status and Canadian resident for say 2 out of three taxation years and have necessary income you are still allowed to sponsor (if you are permanent resident at the time of sponsoring)

Above is what I think and how I read the eligibility guidelines but I don't mind being corrected

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello,

I contacted CIC to inquire about the file status. The agent said that the File is received but they haven't issued AOR yet.
However he said to fill out the :
- Application and forms - Authority to release personal information

You can allow IRCC to give your personal information to someone of your choice by providing a written authorization.

You may want to have someone else contact IRCC on your behalf. To do so, please use the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) form.

Has anyone received this email/instructions too? Please advice.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am still trying to link the account... I woke up and called at 4 am one day. Waited 45 min on the phone and the rep insisted that I cannot link mine until I got AOR... Nothing I can do to change his mind... :(
I created a spreadsheet to track what I have tried so far. And some strange reason, I can only try 4 times instead of 5 each day...

lauraeuro

Sep 8, 2018
I am still trying to link the account... I woke up and called at 4 am one day. Waited 45 min on the phone and the rep insisted that I cannot link mine until I got AOR... Nothing I can do to change his mind... :(
I created a spreadsheet to track what I have tried so far. And some strange reason, I can only try 4 times instead of 5 each day...
the official information it's that you cannot link if you have not received the AOR. And it's logic: nothing will happen with your application if you have not received the AOR (I mean, you application won't be ready to be in processed if there is no AOR). Also, when an application has the temporary number (XF) it will be impossible to link.
Are you able to see the application in e-CAS?