+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

drheaven

Jan 22, 2015
Go login to MyCIC/GCKey. You should see something there. I would not use automated message to check status. Call CIC and wait until you hear options. Then press 2, 1, 3, 0 (in that order). Keep trying if they say they could not transfer you to an agent. I usually get through on my 3rd or 4rth call. Be prepared to wait for about 20 - to 45 min.

Agent can give you more details answer on what the letter was about and perhaps send it again if it has been sent already.
Thank you so much i finally succeeded in linking my application to my cic account
Now they are reviwing our eligibility!
Also the“we need additional documents „ stat. is still there with no msgs.I wonder what it means?

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
This is my finding on linking application .. the main problem is # of applicants ... here is what you could try

Number of applicants = 1 for primary applicant + "n" for number of dependents (0 if no dependent) + 1 for sponsor + 1 for cosponsor (0 if no cosponsor)

So for example, someone sponsoring mom and dad with their spouse as co-sponsor, would enter 4 ...

This theory is based on my trial and errors in linking applications and is subject to errors :) but this formula worked for me.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is my finding on linking application .. the main problem is # of applicants ... here is what you could try

Number of applicants = 1 for primary applicant + "n" for number of dependents (0 if no dependent) + 1 for sponsor + 1 for cosponsor (0 if no cosponsor)

So for example, someone sponsoring mom and dad with their spouse as co-sponsor, would enter 4 ...

This theory is based on my trial and errors in linking applications and is subject to errors :) but this formula worked for me.
So I will keep mine to '3'. 1 primary applicant + 0 + 1 +1 for us.
I wonder what's not working to match mine...
I've always used the correct app number by removing the 'X'
so the only other variables are place to settle after and birth city vs passport number

SPONSORMOM77

Jun 4, 2018
I got the request for medical for my mom. She is currently visiting me for the holidays, is it OK if she's doing the medical here? And if anyone else did it here, do you know how much it costs? Thanks!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
I am able to link my application to my cic account. My file received by CIC on Aug 28. However I have not received any email yet. But seems like there is progress.

Is that means my application package is complete. There was missing marriage certificate but I sent Notarized Affidavit with the application.

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
@YULIA-2016 . Hello, You may remember, I have submitted two duplicate forms when this Jan 2018 was open, and sent an explanation as I don't have last name on the passport etc. My file was received on 29 Aug, 2018 and haven't received anything from CIC yet. I am not able to check anything on ECAS, through My UCI or Client Id or with the applicant information. However, I just gave a try to connect the GC key and it got linked. It does say my file no. F******** and there is no X in it. I have tried to connect with the File no. removing X front of it and got it connected.

Under eligibility, " It says - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

I am not sure if they have accepted my application or not to process or it is standard. If you or any expert can shed some light on it, that would be great.

Thanks

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
Hi Yulia,

Can you please add my details to the Parents Sponsorship 2018 Excel:
Applicants (Father & Mother In Law) (Sent both SIN and NOA)
Parents country of citizenship is India
Date Applied- 10th May 2018
Date Application Received - 14th May 2018
Started Processing Application -9th August 2018
Local Visa Office- Ottawa
Sponsorship Approval -21st August 2018
Medical Submission Request - 30th August 2018
Medical Passed - 17th Sep 2018 (Medical Done on 10th Sept 2018)
Police Clearance/ Resume/ Travel History & Resume Submission Request - 12th Sept 2018
All documents submitted on 14th Sep 2018
Hi I too have the same dates as you. My file was transferred to Delhi for Background check. Did you get such email?

Jul 23, 2016
I am in Canada since 2016 July. I meet the minimum income requirement for 2017 and 2018. But since I was half of the year in 2016, I dont meet the minimum requirement for the year 2016. Is there any other way that I can still apply for the 2019 parent sponsorship?

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017

In addition to this. Last name worked for me instead of application number.

shaesky

May 9, 2018
Hi Yulia,
Please update the SS. Applicant status- DECISION MADE (11/20/18)
I still coudn't link the application to GC account. (i dont know what's wrong)

Anyway is anybody knows what's next after decision made? Do they send a letter through mail to the sponsor or to the applicant for the PPR?
LVO is Ottawa.
I dont know who's gonna receive a letter me (sponsor) or my mom (applicant)she's in home country right now.
thanks in advance for the response.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

shaesky

May 9, 2018

Hi, i was trying to link my application it was unsuccessful. in our case
(mom)applicant + (me)sponsor)+(spouse)co-sponsor +my 2 kids= 5 is that right?