+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi All.
Which form to use for change of address in sponsorship application ? My dad has moved to Canada on super visa, so want to change the residential address to Canada. I am still awaiting medical request.
Thanks in advance
I can see the file on CIC website by entering my PR card number, and my personal info as sponsor.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=ecas

you can also change the address here...

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Guys I need help again, as per the letter that I got today aside from the police clearance they want us to submit a newly completed IMM5406 and IMM5609 bearing original signatures, does it mean I cannot upload or email it to them? My parents needs to submit them to the VAC office in our country?

They also said that the police clearance ( NBI clearance) should be original, did I get it right bring the documents to VAC ?

Thank you in advance! :)

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Guys I need help again, as per the letter that I got today aside from the police clearance they want us to submit a newly completed IMM5406 and IMM5609 bearing original signatures, does it mean I cannot upload or email it to them? My parents needs to submit them to the VAC office in our country?

They also said that the police clearance ( NBI clearance) should be original, did I get it right bring the documents to VAC ?

Thank you in advance! :)
where's the local office for your case??

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi, you don't need PCC from Canada - here's the link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4&_ga=2.208375634.1943692886.1538877057-1603080922.1526753719

Can you please explain little bit what's in the letter?

Hope this clears your doubt :)

It says : Police certificate from each country / state where the residence period has been 6 months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Valid NBI Clearance - does it mean we only need NBI clearance from the Philippines?

And then and when I clicked the instruction in my parents CIC account where there is a ? or instructions it says this....

You must provide a police certificate from this country or territory. We use police certificates to find out if you have a criminal record. They help us make sure you are not a security risk to Canada.

Find out how to get a police certificate.

Appreciate your help on this one again..

Thank you very much..

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
22 years old
If you initially didn't include him as dependent, they may or may not allow you to add him to the application now. You can give it a try by updating the forms (put him as dependent and all the required forms for accompanying dependent, photos...etc). But they may or may not allow you to add him now.
Definition of dependent is under 22 i.e. when he turned 22, he is not a dependent of your parents any more.

Reactions: Tan Tan

orchid57

Aug 3, 2018
hi guys,
please, can anybody help me to figure this out: my mother's application was missing one signature and we sent the missing application with physical signature as requested through email to the provided email address. Question is: I don't know if they received it or not and really worried because in the letter where they are requesting missing application it says that we have 30 days to submit. what is the best way to check if CIC received our emailed document or not? thanks!
P.S: I am not sending a physical document, because they clearly said "do not send a duplicate, chose only one way, and I chose email.

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Hi All,
I have a question regarding PCC. Normally when do they ask for it? How much of time do I get to provide it? Also My mum was visiting a country in 2009 for 21 days as tourist. Do I need to get PCC from that country too? FYI, we just got her AOR and it's in early stage. Just want to be little proactive as she is here and to get PCC, we have to get her documents attested and then apply for the PCC. Thanks in advance

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

Just got a medical request today.
Anyone who has an access, please update my status in SS.

Line#: 104
Username: jhoongo
IME Received: October 24, 2018

Thanks,

Reactions: YULIA-2016

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
may I ask you , your parents are in Canada now or back home iran? have their medical done here in Canada?
No they were back about 10days ago and because they bought the roundtrip ticket before and had to apply for PCC from Iran they decided to do medicals there as well.

Reactions: Tan Tan

yvrgirl

Apr 18, 2017
Hi All

Per Ecas my Mom passed her medical test last Oct 17th.

When I checked the CIC status online a decision has been made on her permanent resident application.

However on ECAS, her case is still in process.
I would just like to check if anyone here is on the same situation as my Mom and how may days/months it will take for us to receive the PPR.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Hi All,
I have a question regarding PCC. Normally when do they ask for it? How much of time do I get to provide it? Also My mum was visiting a country in 2009 for 21 days as tourist. Do I need to get PCC from that country too? FYI, we just got her AOR and it's in early stage. Just want to be little proactive as she is here and to get PCC, we have to get her documents attested and then apply for the PCC. Thanks in advance
PCC only required from the country of citizenship and any country you have been for more than six months in total. No matter if you spend all the trips to that country and each trip is less than 30 days each but if you put them to total and it is more than six months then you will need a police clearance from that country. Hope this helps.
Usually there is no timeframe to give a response but it has to be reasonable. If you are not able to provide the required document in a reasonable timeframe reply by providing reasons and documentary proofs. Like FBI i think takes a bit of time to issue clearance in States so I have seen people sending receipts and explanation letters if it take them more time to get the police clearance.

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
PCC only required from the country of citizenship and any country you have been for more than six months in total. No matter if you spend all the trips to that country and each trip is less than 30 days each but if you put them to total and it is more than six months then you will need a police clearance from that country. Hope this helps.
Usually there is no timeframe to give a response but it has to be reasonable. If you are not able to provide the required document in a reasonable timeframe reply by providing reasons and documentary proofs. Like FBI i think takes a bit of time to issue clearance in States so I have seen people sending receipts and explanation letters if it take them more time to get the police clearance.

Thanks Bro.