+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I had submitted my Intent to sponsor my Parents in January same like all of you. I had taken the screenshots of all my input just for my record, I also had written my confirmation number on a piece of a paper.

Unfortunately, I was not Lucky in first draw, I used my confirmation number lookup online as well.

After 2nd draw, I tried to lookup my confirmation number that I lost somewhere. Hence I contacted CIC using the link for lost Confirmation number, they replied to me in 4~5 days saying that "We regret to inform you that the information you provided does not match any of the web form submissions that were chosen to submit an application."

Now this is confusing reply to me, does this means:
1) My application webform was rejected
2) My Application webform is lost somewhere.
To me, it sounds like you didn't get selected. The lottery system has been abolished for 2019, even though there is still a webform to fill, but first-come-first-serve. Details haven't been released by IRCC yet. Good luck

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I had submitted my Intent to sponsor my Parents in January same like all of you. I had taken the screenshots of all my input just for my record, I also had written my confirmation number on a piece of a paper.

Unfortunately, I was not Lucky in first draw, I used my confirmation number lookup online as well.

After 2nd draw, I tried to lookup my confirmation number that I lost somewhere. Hence I contacted CIC using the link for lost Confirmation number, they replied to me in 4~5 days saying that "We regret to inform you that the information you provided does not match any of the web form submissions that were chosen to submit an application."

Now this is confusing reply to me, does this means:
1) My application webform was rejected
2) My Application webform is lost somewhere.
It means that they checked the list of those who was selected and did not find your submission in this list.

Last edited:

gmmpjcf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp- ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata & RPRf request: 10-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Med's Request
13-12-2013
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2014
Hi everyone,

I know i have asked this before. We got police clearance request for my mom she is in her home country right now. She lived in canada for a year in 2016. Is she required to obtain police clearance from rcmp? Thanks in advance

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
Anyone heard from London LVO???
It is crazy slow for London LVO

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email
June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Can any one please advice me how to submit PCC to IRCC? I didn't receive any email from IRCC, when I checked status online, it has mentioned to submit.
you can do it through webform or if you have mycic account and your application is linked. you can view submitted file and you will have option there as well to submit.

Reactions: gopitaba

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Thank you.
And if my parents had surgeries before, would the Dr here in Canada need to see their medical reports for the surgery? The surgeries were small ones, like remove a cyst from hand, thyroid nodules, and hernia. They stayed in hospital just for 2-3 days. My parents now live in a city other than the city where the surgeries were done, and they will need to go in person to the hospital to get a copy of the medical report. So if the Dr here normally just ask about the information without the need to see the actual reports, I don't want them to travel to another city before coming.
in my mom ultrasound report they found thyroid nodule, did your mom had to get that removed? or just the biopsy to make sure it was not serious?

aakber

Feb 23, 2017

April 19th - AOR Email
June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)
My application has been sent to London on 6th June, I haven't heard anything after that.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I have sent the complete application for pgp2018. The application was received by IRCC on May 25, 2018.
I did not receive any communication back from IRCC (AOR etc.)
I tried checking the status using my UCI but the system could not find my application. I also tried calling IRCC without any luck.
Anyone else in this situation? Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My parents' PR application was processed in Ottawa. It was approved and I got the notification email from the HongKong office - asking my parents to submit their passports to the Beijing Visa Application Center (VAC). The Beijing VAC turned out to be a contractor agency, who is basically unreachable.

My parents reside in a different city in China, so they had to have one of our relatives to go and visit the Beijing VAC in person. We were told by the worker there that they do not answer phone calls or emails (despite the fact that they are listed on the website), and my parents have to go in person to hand in their application. This is unheard of to me, as on their website it clearly states there is the mail-in option. I just can't imagine everyone in China has to go into their office physically to hand in their passports for PR VISA.

Does anyone whose parents are in China encounter this issue? It feels this VAC office is corrupted and highly irresponsible, but we don't have any other option in Mainland China.
you know you can come personally like mom did / in Moscow/ OR use any courier to send package to VAC / they said that/
Vac can send your passports back by own courier service

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I'm so sorry to hear that, and hope you can get some help here
Chandra10 said:
nutes ago
Hi,
My parents were granted permanent resident visa recently. Unfortunately 4 days ago my dad passed away.Now what is the procedure that I have to follow before my mother enters Canada. My father was the principal applicant . They live in India and I am in India now. Please help.
Thanks..
oh so sad :(
in PPR letter it says to report about health changes but it delay your case since Principal applicant is changed
so I would send both passports to VAC

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
on Beijing Visa application center website, it says you can submit passport in person or by mail, and many people mailed the passports there, Beijing Visa application center works for IRCC.
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/China/English/how_to_apply.html
SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT
If you have received notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you may submit your passport along with the passport request letter via Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC).

Please note that there will be service charges for CVAC to not only deliver your passport to the visa offices in a timely and safe manner, but also assist you to track your application status via CVAC website. For the details of Service and Service Charge Schedule, please click here and check.

How to submit your passport:

Once you receive notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you can choose any one of the following methods to make submission with documents well prepared.

1. In person/ Authorize a representative at the CVAC
    With your passport(s), make sure you include:
  • The passport request letter your received from IRCC
  • Any applicable visa application cerntre (VAC) fees, such as passport transmission fees, courier fees, etc.
  • Your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address
  • The VAC consent forms
  • Use of A Representative (if applicable)
  • Your previous passport with exit-entry records which you have ever mentioned during the online application submission or, a written explanation provided the previous passport is not kept any more. Should you never mention the previous records, please kindly ignore this item.
  • Or,
  1. Mail to CVAC
  • Your passport(s)
  • The passport request letter you received from IRCC
  • Remittance receipt (Total payment should be a sum of passport transmission service fee plus courier fee per applicant in case of no other optional services selected.)
  • Please visit “HOW TO APPLY” >> “Mail Your Application” to learn the relevant address and bank account of each CVAC (Step 5 & 8).
  • The VAC consent forms
  • Use of A Representative (if applicable)
  • An additional paper in which your valid contact phone number and email address are specified. (Also state it clearly in case you are not the recipient or, the result is returning to other designated address other than the one on forms.)
  • Your previous passport with exit-entry records which you have ever mentioned during the online application submission or, a written explanation provided the previous passport is not kept any more. Should you never mention the previous records, please kindly ignore this item
To retrieve your passport(s), you have the choice of;
  1. Picking up the passport in person/ by an authorized representative from the CVAC or;
  2. Requesting return of passport by courier.

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018

April 19th - AOR Email
No I am in the same boat . the file has been transferred to LVS but after that there is no news.

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
My parents' PR application was processed in Ottawa. It was approved and I got the notification email from the HongKong office - asking my parents to submit their passports to the Beijing Visa Application Center (VAC). The Beijing VAC turned out to be a contractor agency, who is basically unreachable.

My parents reside in a different city in China, so they had to have one of our relatives to go and visit the Beijing VAC in person. We were told by the worker there that they do not answer phone calls or emails (despite the fact that they are listed on the website), and my parents have to go in person to hand in their application. This is unheard of to me, as on their website it clearly states there is the mail-in option. I just can't imagine everyone in China has to go into their office physically to hand in their passports for PR VISA.

Does anyone whose parents are in China encounter this issue? It feels this VAC office is corrupted and highly irresponsible, but we don't have any other option in Mainland China.
if you submit the application( e.g.visitor visa application, or immigration application) you might need to go in person, they need to check if you miss some documents. but right now your application was approved, you just need to submit passport, you can mail passport to them, your relative may ask how to submit the immigration application, not asking how to submit passport after approved. there might be misunderstanding.

bhanump

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
06-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
18-05-2011
IELTS Request