+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
nutes ago
Hi,
My parents were granted permanent resident visa recently. Unfortunately 4 days ago my dad passed away.Now what is the procedure that I have to follow before my mother enters Canada. My father was the principal applicant . They live in India and I am in India now. Please help.
Thanks.
I'm so sorry to hear that, and hope you can get some help here.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Can any one please advice me how to submit PCC to IRCC? I didn't receive any email from IRCC, when I checked status online, it has mentioned to submit.
IRCC will officially ask you to submit PCCs when the time comes. Till they ask, there's no point in submitting it.

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I have sent the complete application for pgp2018. The application was received by IRCC on May 25, 2018.
I did not receive any communication back from IRCC (AOR etc.)
I tried checking the status using my UCI but the system could not find my application. I also tried calling IRCC without any luck.
Anyone else in this situation? Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!
I am in the same situation. I sent my file on May 22nd. I got 1 email back on july 19th. they asked me to refill 1 form. I sent that form back by july 22nd and haven't heard since. I cannot trace my file online. I can just check the ECAS online where it says 'Application Received'.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
if they stay here for 6 months, they can prepare PCC in home country and leave medical in Canada
Thank you.
And if my parents had surgeries before, would the Dr here in Canada need to see their medical reports for the surgery? The surgeries were small ones, like remove a cyst from hand, thyroid nodules, and hernia. They stayed in hospital just for 2-3 days. My parents now live in a city other than the city where the surgeries were done, and they will need to go in person to the hospital to get a copy of the medical report. So if the Dr here normally just ask about the information without the need to see the actual reports, I don't want them to travel to another city before coming.

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
My parents' PR application was processed in Ottawa. It was approved and I got the notification email from the HongKong office - asking my parents to submit their passports to the Beijing Visa Application Center (VAC). The Beijing VAC turned out to be a contractor agency, who is basically unreachable.

My parents reside in a different city in China, so they had to have one of our relatives to go and visit the Beijing VAC in person. We were told by the worker there that they do not answer phone calls or emails (despite the fact that they are listed on the website), and my parents have to go in person to hand in their application. This is unheard of to me, as on their website it clearly states there is the mail-in option. I just can't imagine everyone in China has to go into their office physically to hand in their passports for PR VISA.

Does anyone whose parents are in China encounter this issue? It feels this VAC office is corrupted and highly irresponsible, but we don't have any other option in Mainland China.
your parents can mailed passport to Beijing Visa Application Center, see 护照递送服务/ 采用快递邮寄方式提交给CVAC
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/china/how_to_apply.html

Last edited:

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
your parents can mailed passport to Beijing Visa Application Center, see 护照递送服务/ 采用快递邮寄方式提交给CVAC
http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/china/how_to_apply.html
We saw that on their website, but when my uncle (who is in Beijing) went into their office in person, he was told both of my parents have to be there in person to hand in the passports. I was shocked...

This CVAC office is very unresponsive and irresponsible. Not that we couldn't ask any questions, we were given different info from their website.

pixielark

Mar 28, 2018
We saw that on their website, but when my uncle (who is in Beijing) went into their office in person, he was told both of my parents have to be there in person to hand in the passports. I was shocked...

This CVAC office is very unresponsive and irresponsible. Not that we couldn't ask any questions, we were given different info from their website.
Honestly, there are only two ways to resolve this issue
option 1, call IRCC and complain, maybe they will do something about it
option 2, comply and let you parents physically go to Beijing, I personally don't see why this is an issue with all the planes and rapid train options that we have in China, unless your parents have medical condition prevent them from doing so, of course with some extra ticket money and time

bottomline, I personally consider to be able to re-union with your parents as a privilege. Canadian government is generous enough to offer free med care so your parents can almost truly resident in Canada, unlike our neighbour down South that you either pay sky high insurance for your parents, or fly them back to China if something happens, so request your parents to be physically present at Beijing VAC for PPR is really not that much of a deal in the end

Talk about corruption of VAC? Man I don't know when you moved here to Canada, and by all means I am not anti-communist or anything. You really need to deal with Chinese government officers to realize how they can complicate things up and make you inconvenient.

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
Honestly, there are only two ways to resolve this issue
option 1, call IRCC and complain, maybe they will do something about it
option 2, comply and let you parents physically go to Beijing, I personally don't see why this is an issue with all the planes and rapid train options that we have in China, unless your parents have medical condition prevent them from doing so, of course with some extra ticket money and time

bottomline, I personally consider to be able to re-union with your parents as a privilege. Canadian government is generous enough to offer free med care so your parents can almost truly resident in Canada, unlike our neighbour down South that you either pay sky high insurance for your parents, or fly them back to China if something happens, so request your parents to be physically present at Beijing VAC for PPR is really not that much of a deal in the end

Talk about corruption of VAC? Man I don't know when you moved here to Canada, and by all means I am not anti-communist or anything. You really need to deal with Chinese government officers to realize how they can complicate things up and make you inconvenient.
Thanks for the comment. I moved to Canada 15 years ago when I was still a teenager, so I am very much shocked about this situation. Plus I didn't hear anyone else complain about this, so I wasn't sure if my uncle just ran into a rep who was not in a good mood or something. Anyway, my parents already bought tickets to travel to Beijing tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they get better services when they are there in person. = )

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Thanks for the comment. I moved to Canada 15 years ago when I was still a teenager, so I am very much shocked about this situation. Plus I didn't hear anyone else complain about this, so I wasn't sure if my uncle just ran into a rep who was not in a good mood or something. Anyway, my parents already bought tickets to travel to Beijing tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they get better services when they are there in person. = )
it will be ridiculous that those docs need to submitted in person, especially in China, the country that has most advanced logistic delivery.

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
it will be ridiculous that those docs need to submitted in person, especially in China, the country that has most advanced logistic delivery.
Well, indeed. That's what happens wheb only one agency in Mainland China was given the authorization to work with thr consulate in Beijing. They can do whatever they want...

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Well, indeed. That's what happens wheb only one agency in Mainland China was given the authorization to work with thr consulate in Beijing. They can do whatever they want...
i remember there're few Chinese applicants whose parents resided in China when PPR requests. you can look back and ask them

Reactions: JennyXu1984

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
I need to submit required documents by this weekend (Oct 12). Any other advises guys?
If you have a link in your on-line profile and request to submit PCC, go ahead and submit them (I did not receive ant request for CV for my parents by e-mail, there was just a link created to submit the documents). So it is possible that they need documents ( in your case PCC) but a letter was not generated due to some reason.

Bikram17

Oct 9, 2018
I am in the same situation. I sent my file on May 22nd. I got 1 email back on july 19th. they asked me to refill 1 form. I sent that form back by july 22nd and haven't heard since. I cannot trace my file online. I can just check the ECAS online where it says 'Application Received'.
I get nothing checking with my UCI number. Have you tried calling IRCC. I tried all day today but there is no option to reach them without a file number or case number

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I had submitted my Intent to sponsor my Parents in January same like all of you. I had taken the screenshots of all my input just for my record, I also had written my confirmation number on a piece of a paper.

Unfortunately, I was not Lucky in first draw, I used my confirmation number lookup online as well.

After 2nd draw, I tried to lookup my confirmation number that I lost somewhere. Hence I contacted CIC using the link for lost Confirmation number, they replied to me in 4~5 days saying that "We regret to inform you that the information you provided does not match any of the web form submissions that were chosen to submit an application."

Now this is confusing reply to me, does this means:
1) My application webform was rejected
2) My Application webform is lost somewhere.