Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

mmahedihasan

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Thank you very much for your inputs. And on receiving ppr request did ecas status aslo showed any message about ppr request or they just sent email? I am little bit concerned about this . My father deleted few emails couple of days back and i am afraid if he deleted ppr request email accidently.
Check the Trash folder in the email.
Usually deleted emails from inbox remains there for 15 days before they gets deleted permanently.

dopehar

Jul 8, 2012
Are you using sponsor's UCI to look up the application in ecas?

Yes, But I am also able to see the same information, when I am using the Principle applicants information.

Are you using principal applicant's UCI to look up the application in MyCIC? I think you need to use applicant's information to look up application since sponsor's application can not be linked. From the list of applications which can be linked to MyCIC account:

Yeas, i was Using Sponsor's information. But I also tried by using principle applicant's information. Didnt work:(

• Family Sponsorship (excluding applications to become a sponsor)
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1222&top=23

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi kind folks,
I am sorry I am not very active here, note to self - should get on to do it.
I am kinda lost regarding my case.
I sent my mother's PGP application on May 17, 2018.
I got application received email on Aug 31, 2018. I am on the tracker but not updated (my bad)
I made myself non compensated representative for handling my mom's application.

Today morning I got a slew of emails from CIC & CPC-Ottawa.
1) first email asking for my marriage certificate documents and that my application is incomplete. My partner and I are cosponsors. We are common-law. I sent the Stat declaration for common-law with my application, so I don't know why I got the email.
2) second email saying I have met requirements for eligibility to sponsor. Very confused about email #1/
3) third email coming from CPC-Ottawa requesting medical examination within 30 days.

Brief story:
My mother is visually impaired, so I am her representative. Partly I think that is why they asked medicals early on, which is great. If they have to make her "inadmissible", I would rather they do it now than later.
I got the emails about medicals from CPC-Ottawa, am I to assume that visa office is Ottawa. Which is weird because I said New Delhi on my application but being representative, all address is linked to me in Canada.

Any advice? comments on what I should do about email #1 ?
Thanks so much!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

saini2012

Star Member
Aug 9, 2012
From the "Decision Made" status update, it took about 1.5 weeks for me to receive the email request to send in the passport.
The status "Medical results have been received" will be there for a little while. We are now still waiting for the passport to be returned. It has been 2.5 week in the process. Passport return will be within 1 month from the date of the submission, according to the email.
I haven't got the passport request yet .. been 2.2 weeks,

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Question: Got PPR on 2018-Oct-02. Parent have a OLDER passport and new passport.

Do I only send new passport or Both ?

Few things to note:

1. Older passport only has single entry visitor visa stamp from 2011
2. New passport has multiple entry visitor Stamp
3. New passport has PG Super visa stamp
4. New passport was valid at the time of application for PR, April-2018
5. New passport details details were filled in PR application

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi guys,

I received an update from Manila office for my mom's PR process.
Please update my status on SS if anyone can:

Line #: 87
Username: jhoongo
PCC request: October 3
Medical request: Not yet

I also have few questions.

1. Is it normal that they send requests for PCC and IME separately? Should I expect for few more days to medical request to receive? The situation is that my mom is currently staying in Canada with Super Visa which was done in late 2015. (so, she has done medical around 2 years ago). Will this be the case that they will skip as she has done the medical before, and currently staying in Canada after that?

2. For PCC, they asked for both Canada, and Korean (my mom's home country)'s criminal records. I know the drills for the Korean Criminal Record, but for RCMP, should I just go any of RCMP office and ask for the criminal record check? Will they issue a paper documentation which I need to submit it to the office? or Will they transfer the record to the office directly? What's the drill for RCMP criminal record check?

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi kind folks,
I am sorry I am not very active here, note to self - should get on to do it.
I am kinda lost regarding my case.
I sent my mother's PGP application on May 17, 2018.
I got application received email on Aug 31, 2018. I am on the tracker but not updated (my bad)
I made myself non compensated representative for handling my mom's application.

Today morning I got a slew of emails from CIC & CPC-Ottawa.
1) first email asking for my marriage certificate documents and that my application is incomplete. My partner and I are cosponsors. We are common-law. I sent the Stat declaration for common-law with my application, so I don't know why I got the email.
2) second email saying I have met requirements for eligibility to sponsor. Very confused about email #1/
3) third email coming from CPC-Ottawa requesting medical examination within 30 days.

Brief story:
My mother is visually impaired, so I am her representative. Partly I think that is why they asked medicals early on, which is great. If they have to make her "inadmissible", I would rather they do it now than later.
I got the emails about medicals from CPC-Ottawa, am I to assume that visa office is Ottawa. Which is weird because I said New Delhi on my application but being representative, all address is linked to me in Canada.

Any advice? comments on what I should do about email #1 ?
Thanks so much!
SO since you got DM - ignore 1st email
I need date for DM and LVO
IME date

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi guys,

I received an update from Manila office for my mom's PR process.
Please update my status on SS if anyone can:

Line #: 87
Username: jhoongo
PCC request: October 3
Medical request: Not yet

I also have few questions.

1. Is it normal that they send requests for PCC and IME separately? Should I expect for few more days to medical request to receive? The situation is that my mom is currently staying in Canada with Super Visa which was done in late 2015. (so, she has done medical around 2 years ago). Will this be the case that they will skip as she has done the medical before, and currently staying in Canada after that?

2. For PCC, they asked for both Canada, and Korean (my mom's home country)'s criminal records. I know the drills for the Korean Criminal Record, but for RCMP, should I just go any of RCMP office and ask for the criminal record check? Will they issue a paper documentation which I need to submit it to the office? or Will they transfer the record to the office directly? What's the drill for RCMP criminal record check?

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
1. there NO is set sequence or anything on how they send messages or ask documents
2. If a medical is done in past 365 days they may consider it and will not request another. But if they send medical request you have to do it. Staying in Canada dosen't matter.
3. For Canada PCC go to http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-checks, Person have to provide their fingerprints.

Reactions: jhoongo