+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

negz

Feb 7, 2018
Hello,
Can you please let me know how I can talk with a CIC agent? I have been trying to call them at 1-888-242-2100 to get an update on my sponsorship status, but never was successful. The message says due to high volume of calls we are unable to transfer you.

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hello

In Background Application (5669) Should the information to be added from 18 years to till now for parent / grand parent or need to provide the last 10 years only?

Regards

Last edited:

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Friends QUICK QUESTION.
1. Does the SPONSOR and Co Signer have to send Photographs like the Principal Applicant?
2. Sponsors Dependent children - Do we have to provide birth certificates for dependent children and photographs?

One of our friend told us that we need to but it's not listed in the Document Checklist.
PLEASE ADVICE.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
No, photographs of sponsor, co-signer and their children are not required. Just follow the check-list.
Thanks so much. Yes I thought so too but then got confused after friend said that photos and birth certificates of sponsor's children are required. But that is not mentioned in the checklist.

lauraeuro

Sep 8, 2018
Hello,
Did you hear of applications being returned because the sponsor sent duplicate forms (those that were sent in January to express the interest to sponsor)?
A friend of mine is on this case. It sounded weird to me, since it doesn't say anywhere that they will return applications for that. Also, my friend cannot resend it and has to reapply in 2019. The application was submitted in May this year. That's crazy!!

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks so much. Yes I thought so too but then got confused after friend said that photos and birth certificates of sponsor's children are required. But that is not mentioned in the checklist.
Yep, and info about their grades from the school, because if they are not doing good at school, they are not allowed to see their grandparents :)
Do not listen to your friend :)

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
Hello,
Did you hear of applications being returned because the sponsor sent duplicate forms (those that were sent in January to express the interest to sponsor)?
A friend of mine is on this case. It sounded weird to me, since it doesn't say anywhere that they will return applications for that. Also, my friend cannot resend it and has to reapply in 2019. The application was submitted in May this year. That's crazy!!
Can you please clarify what exactly your friend sent? In January in order to express interst it was necessary to fill out an online form. There was nothing to copy. After potential sponsors were selected, they needed to send a set of forms and documents.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello everyone,
I checked the online status today and just found out that the "Permanent Resident Status" is changed to "Decision Made".
But the details inside still "Medical results have been received" (I did not link to ecas so cannot read anything further). And I have not received any new or updated correspondence.
If anyone here know, please let me know how long do you wait until receiving some updates, like passport request, pre-arrival, etc...?
Thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello,
If your friend submitted the "Express of Interest" online form more than 1 time from January 2 - February 2, 2018 then all of his submission would be removed and he would not be invited to submit the real paper-based application.

Last edited:

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hello,
Did they put reason for return?

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hello,
Can you please let me know how I can talk with a CIC agent? I have been trying to call them at 1-888-242-2100 to get an update on my sponsorship status, but never was successful. The message says due to high volume of calls we are unable to transfer you.
call 1-888-242-2100 then press 2-1-3. for first 3 times they will say high volume of calls .when you will try for 4 th time they will redirect you to customer service representative.

Reactions: negz

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
On the ME request, under the Immigration Details section? What's the IME type, EDE, NON-EDE, or others?
Is there a field to indicate this ME is for parent PR? If there is, what's the value for it, family, parent, or some other terms?
If anyone can take a screenshot of this section, that will be much appreciated.

Last edited: