+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
yes, they can use, valid 1 year
1. WITHOUT attaching the upfront ME with any visitor application, will IRCC still accept the ME for PR purpose?
2. Also, I found on the upfront medical form, there is an Immigration Type field. Should I pick Visitor or Family (EDE) if I want to user the ME result for both super visa application and parent PR application? As I understand, parent are not exempt from excessive medical demand, so family (EDE) is not the right choice. But if I pick Visitor, will the results still valid to use for PR purpose?
3. Do visitors and PR applicant go through the same set of exams? Or I will need to tell Doctor that I may use the results for PR, then they will perform additional exams just for PR?

Last edited:

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
hello all,

my parents went through their medical and physician is going to send directly to ircc. they have got the conformation report . do the need to upload that document to mycic account?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Usually they give a citizenship certificate that states the exact date a person becomes citizen.
If you don't have that, write the date your husband had his oath ceremony.
If you don't remember that, go to service Canada office and ask this information from them.
HTH.
Thank you

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
I am going to submit my Parents PR application today. Can you please tell me how to track the Application status online. I have a My Canada access account. Will they send a confirmation number when the application is received and then I can track it? Please tell me the process.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have quick 2 questions:

1. my parents had done their medical at e-medical clinic in India and I just want to know where and when I can check the medical status. I logged into the GCKey account but there is no place where I can see the medical status.
2. I received a separate email for submitting the police certificate and travel form and in the email it says:
"Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title."
and also on the GCKey account I have 3 upload buttons for my dad PPC , MOM PPc and travel form.

Just wanted to check should I use these upload buttons or send the PPC using the email as its mentioned there.

Thanks,

gopitaba

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
I checked my ECASE this morning - Sponsorship Application changed to "Decision Made", but Permanent Residence Application is still "IN PROGRESS". No additional info was provided when I clicked on the links. My CIC didn't have additional update either.

Is this common? Should I be expecting communications via email from CIC soon?
I also see the same status on my application.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Received PPR for my parents application!!!!

Time line : Application sent - April 20 , 2018
AOR - June 26
SA - July 23
Medical and PCC - Aug 6
DM - Sept 6th
Passport Request - Sept 6th
country and VO?