+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Neil28_Canada

Aug 7, 2018
Hi all,

I sent in my application for parent sponsorship to Ottawa but unfortunately Canada Post status is stuck at "Out for delivery" since Aug 15th.
I contacted Canada post today and they said its been delivered to "Bulk Volume receiver" on Aug 15th and I will see update to status with signature once they go through that bin of applications.
I have never heard anything like this previously and have always received delivery signatures right away.

Has this happened to anyone? Is it normal? Will contacting CIC help since its too early for them to even look at the application?

foxmuha001

Aug 20, 2018
Hi
My online status shows Dicision Made on Aug 10th, and I received pre-arrival letter on same day. but I havent get ppr letter yet, is it normal?

tifmoon

Apr 10, 2017
Hi all,

I sent in my application for parent sponsorship to Ottawa but unfortunately Canada Post status is stuck at "Out for delivery" since Aug 15th.
I contacted Canada post today and they said its been delivered to "Bulk Volume receiver" on Aug 15th and I will see update to status with signature once they go through that bin of applications.
I have never heard anything like this previously and have always received delivery signatures right away.

Has this happened to anyone? Is it normal? Will contacting CIC help since its too early for them to even look at the application?
We are exactly on the same boat!

My application is stuck at "item accepted at local post office", I called Canada Post and got a case ticket, later they told me they investigated and the latest record of my mail is "Out for delivery" in Ottawa on Aug 15th in the morning. They told me they believe it is already delivered, but due to a "national technical issue" there's no record or signature to prove it. I don't know what happened on Aug 15th. I plan to call CIC a month later see if they can find my app.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
So instead of fixing the lottery system, they abolished it all together. This government is a joke. Lottery is fair if done right.
First come first serve is also fair. The concern before was that couriers would be lining up. Also people would have to PAY to get couriers to line up.

Online? That's practically free. I wonder though how the server will handle the load. Sure to be another fiasco.

I suspect a lot of complaints might have come from the lawyers and immigration companies. They lost business because of this controversial lottery system.

Kudos to the Liberals for listening.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Some questions regarding checking application status.
For E-case, is this only for sponsor to check sponsorship application? After application is received by Ottawa, when can we start seeing status update?
For MyCIC, is this only for PR applicant to check PR application status and submit document? Does the sponsor also need to have a MyCIC account in order to get all the communications? When can we start linking paper application to MyCIC, after AOR?

Thanks!!!

Kaushuque

Star Member
Jun 2, 2012
Hi
My online status shows Dicision Made on Aug 10th, and I received pre-arrival letter on same day. but I havent get ppr letter yet, is it normal?
I think so. My one Decision Made on 16th, Pre-arrival letter on 17th. Hopefully you will get PPR very soon.

jz_to

Aug 1, 2018
Hi i have questionS in general & specific to IMM5768 Financial Evaluation for Sponsorship.

Background: I want to sponsor my divorced Mom (divorced for more than 20 years, never re-married). I am married now living with my husband who is PR in Canada too. My income is more than enough to meet the eligibility, so I don't want him to co-sign anything with me. No kid.

1. Family size - should it be 3? (My mom, my husband & me?)
2. For IMM5768 - Question 15 - Spouse's financial situation. Should I still fill in if my husband does not co-sign?
3. For IMM5768 - Question 16 - Consent for Co-signer's SIN access. Should I still fill in if my husband does not co-sign?
4. For IMM5768 - I have no previous undertaking. In the entire section 9 - 10 - 11- 12, asking for various kinds of previous undertaking / spouse's information, there is no place to fill in my Mom (who is the Principle Applicant in my current undertaking)'s information? Did I read the titles wrong, or something?

Please help. Thanks!!

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi all,

Call them to file a ticket to resolve it.... CP is being ridiculous recently.....