Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
We received AOR - please update the spreadsheet.

Thanks!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I spoke with CIC agent and was advised to submit the documents via the web form. If a paper application is linked after documents are requested, there will be no upload tab in MyCIC. So folks who haven't received any document request, please link your application ASAP.

For any new document requested after linking the application - upload tab will be activated in MyCIC.
Thank you for sharing the information @vividglider That is so nice of you! Good luck.

saroop18

Jan 6, 2015
I received my AOR on 17 July 2018
application received on 9 May 2018

when should I expect the PCC request?
Is there a medical examination request too?
why don't they include PCC and upfront medical documents in the application form.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I received my AOR on 17 July 2018
application received on 9 May 2018

when should I expect the PCC request?
Is there a medical examination request too?
why don't they include PCC and upfront medical documents in the application form.
Congratulations for the AOR!
Below are the answers to your questions:

when should I expect the PCC request? -
It will depend on the visa office which will be assigned to your application.
Is there a medical examination request too? Yes a medical examination will be required too.
why don't they include PCC and upfront medical documents in the application form. - Because the medical condition and personal history could change at point, therefore IRCC asks for medical examination and PCC closer to the PR confirmation.

Rack7241918

Mar 27, 2018
Hi,

I have a few questions, any response would greatly appreciate.

1. My parents stayed here for more than 6 months on their last visit(super visa). Just wondering if they also need to get a police check here in Canada other than their own country?
  2. My mom came back here in Canada and I’m planning to extend her stay. When the time IRCC ask for their Medical, can she have it here while my dad in the Philippines?
Thank you!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
update,
I found a video that Hussen spoke in this debate of 24th May. Unfortunately, the real number that he said is 93,836 interest-to-sponsor submissions.
The video link (during 2:46:00 to 2:48:00): http://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/house-of-commons/episodes/62380881
Obviously, 23,836 is a typo in https://openparliament.ca/debates/2018/5/24/jenny-kwan-39
Jenny Kwan drilled Minister Hussen to the depth to get him to confirm the number of application which were received. Thanks for sharing!

Minister Hussen did mention that till May 24, 2018 about 8600 complete applications were received, the chances are quite low, but there still could be a second draw, may be for few hundred spots only.

Liberals also claimed a significantly reduction in the inventory of applications by over 80%, going from 168,000 applications in 2011 to approximately 29,600 in December 2017.

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

I have a few questions, any response would greatly appreciate.

1. My parents stayed here for more than 6 months on their last visit(super visa). Just wondering if they also need to get a police check here in Canada other than their own country?
  2. My mom came back here in Canada and I’m planning to extend her stay. When the time IRCC ask for their Medical, can she have it here while my dad in the Philippines?
Thank you!
  1. My parents stayed here for more than 6 months on their last visit(super visa). Just wondering if they also need to get a police check here in Canada other than their own country? Yes, they will need a Police Clearance (PCC) from Canada and any other place where they have lived for 6 or more months. Also, they will need PCC from their home country.
  2. My mom came back here in Canada and I’m planning to extend her stay. When the time IRCC ask for their Medical, can she have it here while my dad in the Philippines? I am pretty sure that you Mother can get her medical examination done in Canada and your father can get it done in Philippines. Though I will recommend you to talk to CIC call center to confirm. Also, as soon as you get an AOR, make sure you link your parents application MyCIC. The medical and PCC related information will show up in the MyCIC account. The below link has more information regarding MyCIC:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html
Please note that sometime the website will make you sign-in/ log-in multiple times (or it redirect you to the sign-in page multiple times), do not give up, just keep putting username and password till the website gets you to the MyCIC account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rack7241918

Rack7241918

Mar 27, 2018
Really appreciate your response!
Just a follow up question.

Would it be possible for them to start the PCC here in Canada eventhough IRCC still haven’t ask for it? ( because PCC will take about 3 weeks to get it done)
Thanks!

Reactions: gst8486

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Really appreciate your response!
Just a follow up question.

Would it be possible for them to start the PCC here in Canada eventhough IRCC still haven’t ask for it? ( because PCC will take about 3 weeks to get it done)
Thanks!
I won't recommend getting a PCC in advance because a PCC has a validity period. Few months down the road you don't want IRCC to get back to you re-requesting a PCC, just when they are about to give PR. IRCC will give you a month to provide PCC, should be enough.

Reactions: Rack7241918

juicykey

May 18, 2018
Just a quick question about address change...

I noticed that after I (sponsor) changed my address on E-cas, my parents' address got changed to mine as well. If memory serves, before I did the address change e-cas used to show their address in their own country (same as what we initially put on imm0008).

Is this something I should be concerned with?

mannyp

Mar 21, 2018
Hello All, need help. IRCC has asked to submit IMM5669. Can I get my parents sign it, email a scanned file and then mail it to CIC or do you suggest mailing actual original signed form? Thanks!

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hello All, need help. IRCC has asked to submit IMM5669. Can I get my parents sign it, email a scanned file and then mail it to CIC or do you suggest mailing actual original signed form? Thanks!
would recommend to send the original instead of copy first and then original... because in the guide it says this doc has to be signed by applicant