Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Congratulations for the AOR!
Below are the answers to your questions:

when should I expect the PCC request? -
It will depend on the visa office which will be assigned to your application.
Is there a medical examination request too? Yes a medical examination will be required too.
why don't they include PCC and upfront medical documents in the application form. - Because the medical condition and personal history could change at point, therefore IRCC asks for medical examination and PCC closer to the PR confirmation.
Thanks for this great information. So you’re saying that the parents who are getting PCC and medical request are close to get PR?

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Thanks for this great information. So you’re saying that the parents who are getting PCC and medical request are close to get PR?
It depends but I believe gst8486 is trying to say that we shouldn't be doing the medical prior to CIC request because the medical condition can be changed for parents

Also, once you linked the application there are streamlined steps which every application follows till the end - and over there briefly stated that you shouldn't do this until we(CIC/IRCC) request you to do... please take a look into that and you will get an idea what will be next. :)
Hope this helps.

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Yes, I might sound too optimistic but I have a reason behind my optimism.

When I look at last year's timeline in the spreadsheet, most of the applicants/ parents got PR stamp within 6 months after the medical request.

Assuming that IRCC is now caring about the fact that a medical result is valid for certain period and it also costs the applicants more money to get second medical exam, I am optimistic that the parents who are getting Medical request are about 6 months or less far from PR stamp.

malus

Jun 25, 2018

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
It depends but I believe gst8486 is trying to say that we shouldn't be doing the medical prior to CIC request because the medical condition can be changed for parents

Also, once you linked the application there are streamlined steps which every application follows till the end - and over there briefly stated that you shouldn't do this until we(CIC/IRCC) request you to do... please take a look into that and you will get an idea what will be next. :)
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply, i was just wondering why cic is asking for medicals that quick. My parents were asked to do pcc and medical last week.

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Yes, I might sound too optimistic but I have a reason behind my optimism.

When I look at last year's timeline in the spreadsheet, most of the applicants/ parents got PR stamp within 6 months after the medical request.

Assuming that IRCC is now caring about the fact that a medical result is valid for certain period and it also costs the applicants more money to get second medical exam, I am optimistic that the parents who are getting Medical request are about 6 months or less far from PR stamp.
Great! Thanks budd. 6 months sounds good to me lol

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
My parent stayed in Canada for more than 1 year during 2009-2010, do they need PCC from Canada?
When I checked cic website,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4
Do I need to get a police certificate for my time in Canada?
No. You don’t need to get a police certificate for your time in Canada.

Learn more about police certificates.

It looks like they don't need a PCC from Canada.
Your parents might need pcc from Canada but you as a sponsor don’t need one

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Great! Thanks budd. 6 months sounds good to me lol
You are welcome!
Another reason for my optimism is that Liberal government has claimed that they have cleared the backlog of Parents sponsorship application by 80%.
Let's hope that the applications of those who are waiting from previous years are also processed quickly.
Good Luck!

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
You are welcome!
Another reason for my optimism is that Liberal government has claimed that they have cleared the backlog of Parents sponsorship application by 80%.
Let's hope that the applications of those who are waiting from previous years are also processed quickly.
Good Luck!
Oh I see, let’s hope for the best then

Reactions: gst8486

malus

Jun 25, 2018
Yes, the parents are the PR applicants and they’ll need the PCC wherever they’ve lived more than 6 months. But i’m no sure about what if they lived in Canada over 6 months.
Here is another example for express entry applications:
Police certificates for Express Entry applications
Get the police certificates you need

You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:
  • you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada.

My parent cic account has a link for PCC upload, however we didn't receive any request message for PCC, so it is not clear which country

Reactions: newbiee2