+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

D_K_T

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
My sponsorship approval is still IP from May 31.. I don't know where goes wrong. I called several times but they just ask me to wait and no additional information required so far. What should I do now?
Mine is the same!!!

In process since May 31.
Application received: April 6
AOR: April 19

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018
I was not given UCI yet as per the agent , I have to wait for the mail or email again that they sent me.
your UCI is on your PR card or on your Canadian citizenship document you submitted ( the copy to CIC), it is 8 digits. if you don't have your own UCI, you can't sponsor parents, not your parents UCI.

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
your UCI is on your PR card or on your Canadian citizenship document you submitted ( the copy to CIC), it is 8 digits. if you don't have your own UCI, you can't sponsor parents, not your parents UCI.
hello I tried it but when i checked it is showing my completed application for citizenship ( sorry I'b am but confused).

When they send AOR do they give out application # ?

I can't wait to get my email or email from CIC , hope to get it soon ( if they only sent it to the correct email :()

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks for sharing the update, I would say its good that you called IRCC call centre.
Its crazy that the emails were sent to wrong email address.
human factor :cool:

Reactions: gst8486

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi... I received email from cic today saying your application is accepted under cap of 2018 with AOR.
Can someone please update tracker.

Thank you.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

gmmpjcf

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp- ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
Doc's Request.
Biodata & RPRf request: 10-12-2013
AOR Received.
11-06-2013
Med's Request
13-12-2013
Med's Done....
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2014
Hi everyone, so i got an email asking for death certificate of my father. Problem is no one in the family has it and no one knows the exact date of his death as we were separated from him since 1982. If we know the exact date of his death then we might be able to request for a copy of his death certificate in the government office. Pls advise

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi everyone, so i got an email asking for death certificate of my father. Problem is no one in the family has it and no one knows the exact date of his death as we were separated from him since 1982. If we know the exact date of his death then we might be able to request for a copy of his death certificate in the government office. Pls advise
There has to be an alternative document which your family could produce at this point. I am not sure which one it could be, it depends on country also, taking example of India, the immediate family member (Spouse) can produce an affidavit which mentions about the death of family member. Also, an explanation letter will be required from Sponsor, mentioning the whole scenario and the inability to provide a death certificate. You can also attach any additional documents confirming the date of death. Hopefully this helps.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have a question with respect to police certificates. My Mom (Principal Applicant) is in Canada for past 2 years on Super visa. Does she need police certificate from home country ? couldnt find anything on CIC website.
I have not received any request yet, but just want to be prepared in advance.
Thanks

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have a question with respect to police certificates. My Mom (Principal Applicant) is in Canada for past 2 years on Super visa. Does she need police certificate from home country ? couldnt find anything on CIC website.
I have not received any request yet, but just want to be prepared in advance.
Thanks
Absolutely yes they needed but if you don't have any immediate family member in back home then I believe an explanation letter will work for CIC... Also, in addition to this you should be able to apply online from Canada or by mailing the documents - please see below link, and choose the country from drop down list

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Applying online sometimes takes a while to get the certificate and in regards of lateness you can provide the initial confirmation or some sort email confirmation that you have applied this and you will be getting this sooner or later.

Hope this helps.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
@YULIA-2016
Please update spreadsheet:
AOR received on July 06
Provided NOA
Current serial# in spreadsheet 54
Thank You!

* Update on ECAS started showing up on June 29, was able to link paper application with MyCIC on same day.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
AOR received on 6th July. E-cas showing the status as "Application Received" now.
@YULIA-2016 Please update spreadsheet. Line #66.

Quick question; Do others, who have received AOR, also have a section called "important information about using a representative" in their AOR? Or is this just in my AOR? Is this something standard that they include in AOR?

Thanks.

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Absolutely yes they needed but if you don't have any immediate family member in back home then I believe an explanation letter will work for CIC... Also, in addition to this you should be able to apply online from Canada or by mailing the documents - please see below link, and choose the country from drop down list

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

Applying online sometimes takes a while to get the certificate and in regards of lateness you can provide the initial confirmation or some sort email confirmation that you have applied this and you will be getting this sooner or later.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, yeah i have family back home to apply for it. Was just wondering if there are any guidelines around the requirement, like in Citizenship application if you are a resident of any country for 6+ months in last 4 years, you need a police certificate from that country. Couldn't find such requirement in PGP PR guidelines. Thanks again.