+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent it via Xpresspost (canada post). it requires signature as well. If you send it in the morning it will be delivered by the next business day.
Just make sure you write the correct complete address.
Thanks Sara, If the address is a PO Box then who can sign for it? Wouldn't asking for signature make it impossible for the courier to deliver?

sarah30

Apr 3, 2018
Thanks Sara, If the address is a PO Box then who can sign for it? Wouldn't asking for signature make it impossible for the courier to deliver?
I mailed mine at a shoppers drug mart and I just asked the lady working there for a fast reliable and accurate mail which I can track it myself and she suggested the Xpresspost. I mailed it around 10:30 a.m. last Thursday and it was delivered on Friday around 7:30 a.m. and you can even see the signature of the person who received the package when you go on canadapost website. It costed me only $15 from Richmond Hill, ON.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello, I have a question and I would appreciate answers.

I applied for the parents sponsorship application for 2018, however for some reason I thought that the year I apply for is taken into the LICO three years. Apparently it is not, and during 2015 I took a year off to study French, however my income in 2016, 2017 and 2018 is CONSIDERABLY higher than the required to sponsor my parents.

My friends said since I got selected, and if I do not apply, this will severely harm my future chances at being re-selected -like next year-. Some suggested I apply with an explanation letter and request assessing me based on all the years going forward, just not 2015 because it was the only year I took off.

Any advice on how to proceed?
The only advise is to not submit your application, that will save your time and potentially give an opportunity to someone else who is elgible to sponsor. Also, if you don't apply this year, there won't be any negative effect or repercussions next year.

Reactions: innocentkool

angel1287

Star Member
Mar 22, 2013
Hii

Did anybody get acknowledgment of application received by cic?(after the few people who got it in april)

Thanks!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
URGENT HELP NEEDED:_

In regards to Documents- do we need certified true copies from notary for each and every document ? My birth certificate is in English from india and my dad dealth certificate is in english as well ( dual language eng/hindi) do i have to certified these copies?
As long as the documents are in English, you do not need to get the photocopies notarized.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello everyone,

Please help me to complete my application for PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP.

Below are the details-

I got invitation from CIC to apply for it in March and Iast date to submit file is May 25th. I will be applying for both my mother and father.
I have document checklist with me but I am not sure which forms have to be filled by me, my mother and my father.
Could you please let me know who have to fill which form; (below is mentioned in document check list)

1.Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM1344)
to be completed and signed by you, the sponsor, your co signer and ther person you are sponsoring.
2. Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship (IM5768)
3. Statutory Declaration of common law union ( IMM5409)
to be completed and signed by sponsor and the co signer,only if the latter is common law partner.
4. Genric Application form for canada (IMM0008)
to be completed and signed by the person you are sponsoring, the principal applicant.
5. Additional dependants/declaration (IMM0008DEP )
to be completed and signed by principal applicant, if applicable.
6. Schedule A - background declaration (IMM5669)
the principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy for this form.
7. Additional family information ( IMM5406)
the principal applicant and all the family members who are 18 years of age and older must complete and sign their own copy for this form.
8. Use of representative.
9. Processing fee.

My concerns are;
1. IMM1344
Do I have to fill 2 forms separately, 1 for my mother and 2nd for my father ?or just 1 form showing my father as principal applicant ?

4. IMM0008
Do my mother and my father have to fill 2 separate forms.
Or just my father will be filling this form?

5.IMM0008DEP
If my father is filling IMM0008 form, do my mom have to fill IMM0008DEP form as dependent?

6. IMM5669
have this to be filled by me, mother and father separately?

7.IMM5406
have this to be filled by me, mother and father separately?

YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!
1. IMM1344
Do I have to fill 2 forms separately, 1 for my mother and 2nd for my father ?or just 1 form showing my father as principal applicant ?
Only your father (principle applicant) has to fill it.

4. IMM0008
Do my mother and my father have to fill 2 separate forms.
Or just my father will be filling this form?
Only your father (principle applicant) has to fill it.

5.IMM0008DEP
If my father is filling IMM0008 form, do my mom have to fill IMM0008DEP form as dependent?
Your father will be required to fill this form only if you have more than 5 dependants. Also, your mother is not required to fill this form.

6. IMM5669
have this to be filled by me, mother and father separately? YES

7.IMM5406
have this to be filled by me, mother and father separately? YES

Kjaggikaur

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi my husband applied for his parents in December 2017. We got a letter from CIC that they need 2 forms for her mother with her original signature. One of the form is Additional Background check. Should we put her as the applicant and spouse will be offcourse his dad.
We have made his dad the main applicant though. Please guide.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi everyone,

Can somebody add me to your spread sheet?

Invitation received : March 19
Application sent: April 30
OTTAWA received: May 1
1st reminder: May 7
2nd reminder: May 16
Parent: in Philippines
Thanks!
Updated
you applied from ?

maite

Feb 29, 2008
Hi my husband applied for his parents in December 2017. We got a letter from CIC that they need 2 forms for her mother with her original signature. One of the form is Additional Background check. Should we put her as the applicant and spouse will be offcourse his dad.
Yes, she will be the applicant when she completes those forms even if she is not the principal applicant for the complete process

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I am not entirely sure what you meant; But one suggestion I will give is not to change anything at this point, just provide the documents (with original signatures) IRCC has asked for.

Omo-Oba

Apr 5, 2018
Hello,

Kindly add me to the list:

Invitation Received: 20th March 2018
Application Sent: 16th May 2018
Application Received:
Parent country: Nigeria

Addy pt

May 17, 2018
Hey guys,
I have a question regarding photos.
Photographer made s mistake and i got the wrong size photos and he didn’t stamp its adress as well and now deadline is approaching soon. I can get new digital copy by email but it won’t have a stamp.
What should i do? Please suggest me
Thanks