+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Good day,

I am just preparing ................
Thank you for all your help!
Yes, for your Mom, the passport will be the only supporting document which will be required + 2 photos (with details at the back of photo).

And from your end, your Canadian Passport or Citizenship Certificate or PR card (as applicable), your marriage certificate (if you have a co-sponsor/ spouse), birth certificate.

Before you submit the application, I suggest to go through the application guide
5772 and then check the application forms again and again to ensure there is no mistake, I noticed that lots of Sponsors sent their application in rush and after the application was gone they realized about the mistakes in application.

Good Luck!

Reactions: ghsj

ghsj

Sep 19, 2016
Yes, for your Mom, the passport will be the only supporting document which will be required + 2 photos (with details at the back of photo).

And from your end, your Canadian Passport or Citizenship Certificate or PR card (as applicable), your marriage certificate (if you have a co-sponsor/ spouse), birth certificate.

Before you submit the application, I suggest to go through the application guide
5772 and then check the application forms again and again to ensure there is no mistake, I noticed that lots of Sponsors sent their application in rush and after the application was gone they realized about the mistakes in application.

Good Luck!
Sounds great! Thank you so much for your help!

Reactions: gst8486

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Sounds great! Thank you so much for your help!

hi everyone please can anyone please answer my question please, so in the package for parents sponsorship who's name will i put on the envelope? is it the name of the sponsor or the name o

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Application was delivered to Ottawa on 10th April

AOR received today

Struggling to link to cicAccount... again...
hi there in the package to sponsor parents who's name can i put in the envelope is it the name of the sponsor or the name of the principal applicant? thanks in advance

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Not too early if you are lucky. Mine application was sent on April 11, 2018 and it was received in Ottawa on April 12, 2018 (confirmation from Canada post). On April 17, I was able to check e-cas and have now linked it to my mom's MyCIC account. The status is application submitted in MyCIC and application received in e-cas.
hi there in the application package who's name can i put in the envelope is it the sponsors name or principal name? thanks much in advance

dok

Apr 20, 2014
hi there in the application package who's name can i put in the envelope is it the sponsors name or principal name? thanks much in advance
The application must be submitted by the sponsor. So you, as the sponsor should have your name and your Canadian address on the envelop. Make sure you submit your application to Ottawa. The address can be found on your invitation to sponsor letter.

prettyAKO

Star Member
May 31, 2016
The application must be submitted by the sponsor. So you, as the sponsor should have your name and your Canadian address on the envelop. Make sure you submit your application to Ottawa. The address can be found on your invitation to sponsor letter.
Thanks for your response, one more question please coz there's a note there in the guide saying they re not accepting bulk application it should be individually something like that, my question is can I put in one envelope or application all the papers for my parents ? Coz I will sponsor both of them, thanks again

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
Hi,
I am filling out the form IMM5768e Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship.
My wife is a co-signer.
My wife is on maternity leave from July 2017 - present.
On the form IMM5768e, Item #17 asks to provide employment history of co-signer.
From July 2017 - Present, what exactly do I need to state? Maternity leave or the Employment details. She gets paid through Canada EI for Maternity leave.
Thanks for your help in advance.

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Ah! Today is Monday, it's the worst day to call CIC, but keep trying my friend!
Just spoke to CIC this morning, game him my UCI, name, dob and country of birth and he pulled it and told me that someone received it yesterday and left a note saying “the application is complete and has been accepted” and he said as of now it won’t be returned and look for AOR email. Thanks for your advice

Reactions: gst8486

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
The noble person who is maintaining the 2018 timeline spreadsheet, could you please add one more column saying 'NOA provided' with option to pick YES or NO?
If it's too much a of a hassle then please ignore it. But I think it will be interesting to see if giving answering NO in question 8 of form IMM 5768 and providing the copies of NOA makes it quicker than answering YES and providing the SIN.
Thanks!
I believe NoA providing is quicker and its logical if you have papers before your face or you need spend time for request

nehabhi

Jul 4, 2016
Hi, Can someone help me with this question.
My parents are visiting us right now and they do not have marriage certificate. How can I create one over here in Toronto for them.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks!!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Just spoke to CIC this morning, game him my UCI, name, dob and country of birth and he pulled it and told me that someone received it yesterday and left a note saying “the application is complete and has been accepted” and he said as of now it won’t be returned and look for AOR email. Thanks for your advice
Awesome, I am so glad its in safe zone!

Reactions: HarryKhuttan