Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

D_K_T

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi,
I need help on Evaluation Form [IMM 5768e].

1. I got PR as a principal applicant and my wife got PR as a dependent at the same time. Should I put "1" in Question 3.B(i) or 5 ?
2. Now my family size is 2 and want to sponsor my parents (2). In Question 14, Family Size column, should I put "2" or "4"?

Please help on these questions.

Thank you in advance.
I think it's better that you should call cic call center!!!

Reactions: sabujnil

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello seeking advise on the application guide as the dependent definitions is confusing. My husband and I(principal sponsor) are sponsoring my mother. She is widowed since May 2017 and I only have a sister who is already married with family. All my uncles and aunt are deceased as well. There is no dpendent information to be entered right? In the guide it would say you need to include all family members whether they are accompanying you or not. The definition of dependent is 22 years or over....

Another question in the document checklist on photocopies, it says photocopy of birth certificate, marriage certificate. I still have my original birth certifcate and marriage. Can I photocopy that? Do I need to get a copy from nso Manila? Thank you for all the help
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#family

Not really sure what you are asking. You have the original, so photocopy it. If it is not in English or French, it must be formally translated and certified.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I need help on Evaluation Form [IMM 5768e].

1. I got PR as a principal applicant and my wife got PR as a dependent at the same time. Should I put "1" in Question 3.B(i) or 5 ?
2. Now my family size is 2 and want to sponsor my parents (2). In Question 14, Family Size column, should I put "2" or "4"?

Please help on these questions.

Thank you in advance.
1. You didn't sponsor your spouse.

2. 4 people.

Reactions: sabujnil

jig

Jan 25, 2015
Hello I have question on forms for parents sponsorship.

My brother is 31 year old.
Do I have to include him as a dependent on imm008 and fill 5669 , family information form ?
Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
My lawyer sent the application to CPC Mississauga, got delivered today but it was supposed to be sent out to Ottawa. Any idea what would they do now? Any idea?
I would say if lawer is stupid just fire him! don't know if they process in Miss like 2017 or resend to you/Ottawa.
guys why you need lawer , its not big deal to do it by yourself :p

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello I have question on forms for parents sponsorship.

My brother is 31 year old.
Do I have to include him as a dependent on imm008 and fill 5669 , family information form ?
Thanks
you need to add him just in family info form

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
The noble person who is maintaining the 2018 timeline spreadsheet, could you please add one more column saying 'NOA provided' with option to pick YES or NO?
If it's too much a of a hassle then please ignore it. But I think it will be interesting to see if giving answering NO in question 8 of form IMM 5768 and providing the copies of NOA makes it quicker than answering YES and providing the SIN.
Thanks!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
My lawyer sent the application to Mississauga, got delivered today but i was supposed to be sent out to Ottawa. Any idea what would they do?
Sorry to hear that! I would suggest you to call CIC/ IRCC via phone and explain them about the sitautuion. Ask them how you can fix this. Their number is 1-888-242-2100

In the worst case if you do not get much of the help or suggestion from IRCC, then I would suggest you to immediately write an Explanation Letter with explanation about what happened. Also in the explanation letter add the courier tracking number for the application sent to Mississauga (take it from your lawyer). It won't hurt to write 'I apologize for the mistake' statement. Also add your and your parents details in the letter i.e.

Sponsor Name:
Sponsor's Date of Birth:
UCI Number of Sponsor:

Father's Name:
Father's Date of Birth:

UCI number of Father (if available)
Mother's Name:
Mother's Date of Birth:
UCI number of Mother (if available):
Draft this letter immediately and send it via the fastest courier to Ottawa address.
Also a send the similar letter to Mississauga office, requesting them to forward the application package to Ottawa.

Again, IRCC might suggest you some other route, but in case they don't, Explanation Letter is the only route i could suggest you, may be other members have some better ideas. And get a refund from your lawyer for the screw up!

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryKhuttan

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
I would say if lawer is stupid just fire him! don't know if they process in Miss like 2017 or resend to you/Ottawa.
guys why you need lawer , its not big deal to do it by yourself :p[/
Sorry to hear that! I would suggest you to call CIC/ IRCC via phone and explain them about the sitautuion. Ask them how you can fix this. Their number is 1-888-242-2100

In the worst case if you do not get much of the help or suggestion from IRCC, then I would suggest you to immediately write an Explanation Letter with explanation about what happened. Also in the explanation letter add the courier tracking number for the application sent to Mississauga (take it from your lawyer). It won't hurt to write 'I apologize for the mistake' statement. Also add your and your parents details in the letter i.e.

Sponsor Name:
Sponsor's Date of Birth:
UCI Number of Sponsor:

Father's Name:
Father's Date of Birth:

UCI number of Father (if available)
Mother's Name:
Mother's Date of Birth:
UCI number of Mother (if available):
Draft this letter immediately and send it via the fastest courier to Ottawa address.
Also a send the similar letter to Mississauga office, requesting them to forward the application package to Ottawa.

Again, IRCC might suggest you some other route, but in case they don't, Explanation Letter is the only route i could suggest you, may be other members have some better ideas. And get a refund from your lawyer for the screw up!
thank for your reply. I’m trying to get in touch with CIC but no luck so far as they’re so busy. But will go see my lawyer this evening and will call cic tomorrow early morning.

ghsj

Sep 19, 2016
Good day,

I am just preparing for the documents to support my mother's application.

I am only sponsoring my mother, with no dependant and no co-signer. I was going through the document checklist and seems that the only document of hers that I need to provide is just a copy of her travel document + 2 photos.

And from my end I'll need to provide my passport, birth certificate,

I don't see that they need me to submit her birth, marriage & divorce certificates etc. Can someone please help me confirm this?

I have inputted all of the information into the appropriate forms but not sure if I need to submit certified true copy (as they're not in English) of her birth, marriage & divorce certificates?

Thank you for all your help!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
thank for your reply. I’m trying to get in touch with CIC but no luck so far as they’re so busy. But will go see my lawyer this evening and will call cic tomorrow early morning.
Ah! Today is Monday, it's the worst day to call CIC, but keep trying my friend!