+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
(Dependant's Passport)
Hello All,
I have a problem with my younger brother's passport.We cant get a new valid passport due to his middle name's clerical error, we have to fix it first in the Philippines before we can get him one probably it will take 6 months or so.. What Im going to do? My deadline is nextmonth bfore May 25th. I need your advice & suggestion please. Im just worried that it might caused our PGP application denied or rejected.
According to the Guide, if there are documents that you no longer in possession or something that you cannot provide (correct name on the passport), then you should attach a letter with detail explanations so that the immigration officer can review and depends on each case, he/she either require more information or not...
But that is just my 5 cents... others can comment further here

vb5

Apr 15, 2018
Hello All, I have a question for filling parent sponsorship application. I am sponsoring my parents (Dad and Mom) in 2018. My father will be principal applicant. Do I need to fill a separate Generic application for my mother. Where should I declare my intent to include my Mom in PR application? There is a form for declaring dependent accompanying to Canada but nothing for spouse.

Please help here,

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello All, I have a question for filling parent sponsorship application. I am sponsoring my parents (Dad and Mom) in 2018. My father will be principal applicant. Do I need to fill a separate Generic application for my mother. Where should I declare my intent to include my Mom in PR application? There is a form for declaring dependent accompanying to Canada but nothing for spouse.

Please help here,
Read the instruction guide carefully, all necessary information are in there.
Basically, your father is the main applicant and your mother will be his dependent/spouse. There is a session in the Generic Application form that you need to fill in into of your mother. You don't have to make 2 separated forms unless your parents are divorced and you want to sponsor for them both.

JackPatel2001

Apr 15, 2018
Hi All,
I am a new member of this group. I am preparing documents to sponsor my parents.
I would like to know what I need to write on form imm5768 for question 14 and 17

Question no.14:
  1. I worked for one company from May 2015 to Sep 2017. What I need to write on Gross income/Benefits for Period? Total income of 3 years or yearly income?
  2. My family size in 2015 was 3 and 2017 was 4. So, should I write 3 or 4?
Question no. 17:
  1. My spouse worked in May' 2015 to July'2015 for one company. Should I write family size 3 or 4?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Jack

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
I am a new member of this group. I am preparing documents to sponsor my parents.
I would like to know what I need to write on form imm5768 for question 14 and 17

Question no.14:
  1. I worked for one company from May 2015 to Sep 2017. What I need to write on Gross income/Benefits for Period? Total income of 3 years or yearly income?
Question no. 17:
  1. My spouse worked in May' 2015 to July'2015 for one company. Should I write family size 3 or 4?

Thanks in advance.

Jack
For parent sponsorship purposes, your family size is 4 for all three years.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi All,

Question no.14:
Question no. 17:

Thanks in advance.

Jack
For the working history, it is best to use 1 line per year per job per period
Your family size will be 4 when you applying for sponsorship

Mahg

Apr 11, 2018
For the gross income in form IMM 5768, do I write the number in line 150 of NOA?
If not what is the right amount for gross income?

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied for my in-laws PGP just a few weeks back. They currently reside in Toronto with us. Does it make it any difference to their application if they are applying from within Canada? Also, I know this is quite far-fetched, but just curious to know whether my in-laws will still need to exit the country after getting COPR?

JackPatel2001

Apr 15, 2018
For the working history, it is best to use 1 line per year per job per period
Your family size will be 4 when you applying for sponsorship
Thanks a lot babybenz for the details.:):):) I will use one line per year per job per period and that will solve my problem of family size 3 or 4.
So, when it comes to 2015 I will put 3(for myself and spouse) and when it comes to 2017 I will put 4(myself and spouse) and currently(2018) my family size is 4. What is your opinion in this?

Thanks,
Jack

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We applied for my in-laws PGP just a few weeks back. They currently reside in Toronto with us. Does it make it any difference to their application if they are applying from within Canada? Also, I know this is quite far-fetched, but just curious to know whether my in-laws will still need to exit the country after getting COPR?
just to clarify your in-laws are still visitors in Canada and really should have had a home to return to if/when their visitor extension is refused. No it doesn't make a difference that they applied from Canada. Depending on their current status they may need to apply for a visitor extension. Yes they can land in Canada.

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just to clarify your in-laws are still visitors in Canada and really should have had a home to return to if/when their visitor extension is refused. No it doesn't make a difference that they applied from Canada. Depending on their current status they may need to apply for a visitor extension. Yes they can land in Canada.
Thank you Canuck78!! We just got their super visa extended until Sep 2018. They will exit in Sep, and once they get the COPR they'll return back to Canada.