+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Just a heads up!

For form IMM 5669 Schedule A – Background/Declaration, under Authority to Disclose Personal Information section, it appears that no signatures are required if the name of the applicant is typed in the signature box, there is no instruction on the form stating that after typing the name, the form has to be signed by hand also (after printing the form). However in the application guide (Screenshot 2) there are instructions i.e. type the name, print the form, sign the form with hand. I wish IRCC would have put the same instruction in the form also, there is a great chance that people will assume that the signatures with hand are not required. I recommend everyone to read Guide 5772 again and again.

Please note that the form IMM 5669 is required to be filled by principle applicant, co-applicant/ spouse and their dependent children aged 18 years or older (if applicable).

Screenshot 1:

Screenshot 2:

Last edited:
Reactions: whameed

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
My dad will be principal applicant. Currently he is in US on visitor visa. Do i need to mention his US address as residential address ?
Does he also need to provide PCC from US at a later date ?
Thanks

whameed

Mar 1, 2016
1. It doesn't matter which parent is the PA.

2. No, it isn't an issue. You don't have to use a co-signer if you don't want to.

3. It is generally easier to make yourself their representative, as you can then deal with IRCC on their behalf.
I am sponsoring my parents and filling out the application forms on their behalf. I am a little confused on what is the correct way for me to assign myself as their representative? My understanding is I should be doing the following:
1. Fill out IMM5476 with the information of my dad (Principal Applicant) in section A and my information in section B.
2. Enter my email address in place of my parents in IMM0008 and IMM5406 (even though my parents have their own email addresses).
3. Tick box next to question 8 "Use of representative (IMM 5476)" in IMM 5771 (document checklist).

Does that sound correct?

whameed

Mar 1, 2016
Put a random date like 1900-01-01 and explain in a separate sheet.
@canuck_in_uk: Considering the the Guide 5772 says the following, do you still think adding a valid date to get the form to validate successfully is a good idea? As far as I understand, this form does not print a barcode page even when validated successfully.

Note: If you do not know the complete date of birth or if the date is in the 1800s, please use a “*” (star sign/asterisk) to fill in the spaces for the unknown year, month or day. The missing information can be added by hand however the form cannot be validated.​

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For sponsoring Grandparents its mentioned as Birth certificate of parents is needed.

So in absence of Birth certificate of my mom what can be submitted .... kindly advise

also do we need to fill use of representative by signing up yourself or not needed

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
For sponsoring Grandparents its mentioned as Birth certificate of parents is needed.

So in absence of Birth certificate of my mom what can be submitted .... kindly advise

also do we need to fill use of representative by signing up yourself or not needed
If you do not assign yourself as their representative, you will not be able to inquire about the status of their application. If your parents feel comfortable handling all correspondence sent by IRCC, then you don't need to assign yourself as their representative.

Last edited:

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am sponsoring my parents and filling out the application forms on their behalf. I am a little confused on what is the correct way for me to assign myself as their representative? My understanding is I should be doing the following:
1. Fill out IMM5476 with the information of my dad (Principal Applicant) in section A and my information in section B.
2. Enter my email address in place of my parents in IMM0008 and IMM5406 (even though my parents have their own email addresses).
3. Tick box next to question 8 "Use of representative (IMM 5476)" in IMM 5771 (document checklist).

Does that sound correct?
That's my understanding as well. Although on form IMM5406 - Additional Family Information, I filled in their email address. Not sure if this matters. The most important ones are IMM008 and IMM5476, IMO. These will be used to determine where all the correspondence is sent.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

whameed

Mar 1, 2016
That's my understanding as well. Although on form IMM5406 - Additional Family Information, I filled in their email address. Not sure if this matters. The most important ones are IMM008 and IMM5476, IMO. These will be used to determine where all the correspondence is sent.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
This makes sense to me. Thanks.
Also, to clarify, I am entering my mailing address in IMM0008 for the principal applicant while writing my parents' residential address (since that is what the form indicates for representatives).

Reactions: razerblade

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
This makes sense to me. Thanks.
Also, to clarify, I am entering my mailing address in IMM0008 for the principal applicant while writing my parents' residential address (since that is what the form indicates for representatives).
That's right. Email and mailing address are of the representative. Residential address is where parents are currently residing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
@canuck_in_uk: Considering the the Guide 5772 says the following, do you still think adding a valid date to get the form to validate successfully is a good idea? As far as I understand, this form does not print a barcode page even when validated successfully.

Note: If you do not know the complete date of birth or if the date is in the 1800s, please use a “*” (star sign/asterisk) to fill in the spaces for the unknown year, month or day. The missing information can be added by hand however the form cannot be validated.​
I'm going by the reviews experience of others, who have said they put a random date to get the form to validate and had no issues. If IRCC days the form doesn't need to be validated, then you can follow their instructions.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I'm going by the reviews experience of others, who have said they put a random date to get the form to validate and had no issues. If IRCC days the form doesn't need to be validated, then you can follow their instructions.
In my case, I only know the year of birth of my grandparents (not even sponsoring them). I entered just the year in the date field, and the form auto filled Jan 1, <year>. I'm thinking of just submitting it as it is, perhaps with a note attached.

I wouldn't think it's a big deal.