+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am looking some info about the the form IMM0008 for parents application , I am sponsoring my mom dad and under dependent column for the form do I need to include each other in their respective forms or just my mom has to be in my dad's form . If some one could clarify this i will really appreciate .

Thanks

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

I am looking some info about the the form IMM0008 for parents application , I am sponsoring my mom dad and under dependent column for the form do I need to include each other in their respective forms or just my mom has to be in my dad's form . If some one could clarify this i will really appreciate .

Thanks
You needs to make one of parents as Primary Applicant. And only Primary applicant fill out one: IMM0008. other parent will be listed in Dependent section of the form.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You needs to make one of parents as Primary Applicant. And only Primary applicant fill out one: IMM0008. other parent will be listed in Dependent section of the form.
Thanks for your reply , but all forms would be individually for both despite who is primary applicant , including this one ?

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
HELP, QUESTION: In 216 I (Father) went on Parental Leave for 6 weeks. During leave I was getting Parental EI as well as Top-up by my employer. How do I mention same in Question-7 in IMM5768 Financial Evaluation for parents and grandparents sponsorship.

what is not clear is what should go in column : Employer Name: as I am getting paid by 2 parties.

Last edited:

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELP, QUESTION: In 216 I (Father) went on Parental Leave for 6 weeks. During leave I was getting Parental EI as well as Top-up by my employer. How do I mention same in Question-7 in IMM5768 Financial Evaluation for parents and grandparents sponsorship.
It's just total number of people you are sponsoring and including the people in your family .

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Thanks for your reply , but all forms would be individually for both despite who is primary applicant , including this one ?
Not all forms, according to Checklist IMM5771:
IMM1244 : only 1 by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, principal Applicant
IMM5768 : only 1 by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor
IMM5409 : only 1 by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor
IMM0008 : Only 1 by principal Applicant, Second Copy only when Grand Parents are included, Again only one copy by principal Applicant (one of the grand parents)
IMM0008DEP : Only 1 by principal Applicant, Second Copy only when Grand Parents are included, Again only one copy by principal Applicant
IMM5669 : Multiple copies one principal Applicant and other copies by all who is older than 18 Years, even when any family individual is not accompanying to Canada.
IMM5406 : Multiple copies one principal Applicant and other copies by all who is older than 18 Years, even when any family individual is not accompanying to Canada.

Any experts correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Can anyone help me with a couple of following questions, please?

1. In "Additional Family Information" form, it's written on the top that "complete all names in English and in your native language". Where to write names in native language? Do you think I should fill the form in English, then print out the form, then using a pen I write all the names in native language in the same Name boxes on the form? Or is there a different trick to do it?

2. On the same "Additional Family Information" form, they are also asking for Email addresses of all the family members. Is this a mandatory thing we have to write? I'm filling out for my mother and what if my mother doesn't have email addresses of all of her brothers and sisters.

Please advise.

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Can anyone help me with a couple of following questions, please?

1. In "Additional Family Information" form, it's written on the top that "complete all names in English and in your native language". Where to write names in native language? Do you think I should fill the form in English, then print out the form, then using a pen I write all the names in native language in the same Name boxes on the form? Or is there a different trick to do it?

2. On the same "Additional Family Information" form, they are also asking for Email addresses of all the family members. Is this a mandatory thing we have to write? I'm filling out for my mother and what if my mother doesn't have email addresses of all of her brothers and sisters.

Please advise.
What I am doing :
Answer-1 : Fill out the name in English on your Computer, after name is complete press enter and press Space bar. this will push the name above. Print the form. Now you also have nice space for writing name in native language by hand.
Answer-2 : Email is not mandatory. leave it blank.

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
Not all forms, according to Checklist IMM5771:
IMM1244 : only 1 by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, principal Applicant
IMM5768 : only 1 by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor
IMM5409 : only 1 by Sponsor, Co-Sponsor
IMM0008 : Only 1 by principal Applicant, Second Copy only when Grand Parents are included, Again only one copy by principal Applicant (one of the grand parents)
IMM0008DEP : Only 1 by principal Applicant, Second Copy only when Grand Parents are included, Again only one copy by principal Applicant
IMM5669 : Multiple copies one principal Applicant and other copies by all dependents who is older than 18 Years, even when any family individual is not accompanying to Canada.
IMM5406 : Multiple copies one principal Applicant and other copies by all dependents who is older than 18 Years, even when any family individual is not accompanying to Canada.

Any experts correct me if I am wrong.
I have made a couple of minor corrections. Please find them highlighted in red color in your post. My understand is that IMM5669 and IMM5406 forms have to be filled by only those 18+ years older who are dependents. If 18+ years older is not a dependent, he/she will not fill these forms. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
I have made a couple of minor corrections. Please find them highlighted in red color in your post. My understand is that IMM5669 and IMM5406 forms have to be filled by only those 18+ years older who are dependents. If 18+ years older is not a dependent, he/she will not fill these forms. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
its not dependents, its everyone in family. even if not accompanying.

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
its not dependents, its everyone in family. even if not accompanying.
Here's the very first sentence on the top of the form.

The principal applicant, their spouse or common-law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.

That's why I said, if you have a child who is 18+ but not a dependent, he/she is not required to fill out this form. This is for dependent children only. Accompanying or non-accompanying... that's a different story.

rash04

Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Family Size is Clear to me, what is not clear is what should go in column : Employer Name: as I am getting paid by 2 parties.
I was on Mat leave too I have just mentioned my employer name nothing else as I didn't leave the job .

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Now.. My question is really stupid and I am embarrassed to ask it :)
I want to send a PDF file with all of the pages requiring signatures of my sponsored parents to them, so they will print it, sign it and send to me back by regular/courier mail. Now the stupid part. They live in a country where the standard print paper is A4, and there is no way to find the US Letter formatted paper!! So I wonder what would be the best solution in this case. I don't want to piss some officer off by sending them some pages with different size. One solution that I see is to use A4 for the rest of application, as it is easier to find it in Canada than to find Letter in Europe/Asia... but I wonder if that would be acceptable.

Reactions: nayr69sg