+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

waitingSince3.5years

Aug 6, 2013
Thank you for your prompt reply.
You are right her passport is expiring this coming November 2018, so she had renewed her passport already. My other question is.
Her super visa (which is expiring this Nov’18) was stamped on her old passport. Is it still valid since she got her newly renewed one?
The visa should be valid , she has to carry old passport along with new, you can confirm with cic .This is a normal scenario where the passports got renewed but the sticker is still valid , USA issue visa beyond the validity of passports so people visit with new passport carrying the old passport along with them.

Lotika

Jun 18, 2015
My mother divorced with my father many years ago. Some years ago my father died.
Currently I am sponsoring my mother and indicating her status as divorced. As she divorced earlier than he died.

Should I submit her divorce certificate + maybe my father's death certificate? The check list does not say anything about it.

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
They don't care what your family size was in previous year, they only ask and care about your family size today when you submit the app. You need to meet this family size, for all 3 previous years.

So if you don't meet today's family size LICO in 2015, you do not qualify and have wasted a lottery spot for someone else.

Thank you @Rob_TO for your response.

I haven’t wasted the lottery spot. I still qualify to sponsor 3 instead of 4. And my all resent past 3 years do meet requirement to sponsor 3 additional family member.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

I haven’t wasted the lottery spot. I still qualify to sponsor 3 instead of 4. And my all resent past 3 years do meet requirement to sponsor 3 additional family member.
You have a tricky case.

By the deadline to submit your application, your sister-in-law is still 21. So officially, your family size is 8 and her age is lock-in submission.
(there is no option to choose which dependent you want to include in the sponsorship. It's always the applicant (either your father-in-law or mother-in-law) and all of their dependents.

However, only a few days after, she will not qualify, as she turn to 22. I don't know how CIC look at this case.

Agharr1 said:
My brother in law who is going to be 18 in April, will be depended child under his parents application and my sister in-law, she is turning 22 on 29 May 2018. Our application due prior 25th May 2018.

We are family of 4 and intend to sponsor 4 more (father in-law + mother in-law + brother in-law + sister in-law)

Chandra10

Jan 2, 2018
Hi,
This is regarding IMM0008 page1 column11 and page 3 column 14. I am not able to enter the date of last entry to Canada. (It shows grey colour)Current country of residence is India. Just wanted to know if anybody else had this problem?
Thanks.
Chandra

Partner59

Mar 25, 2018
Hello folks, for parents sponsorship - in which stage do parents require to get the police clearance and the medical exam? Are those due May 25th? Thanks in advance.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello folks, for parents sponsorship - in which stage do parents require to get the police clearance and the medical exam? Are those due May 25th? Thanks in advance.
No, those will be requested much later when PR processing actually begins, at the local visa office in the country where parents reside. First step will be to approve the sponsor, which is processed in Canada. Then the file is transferred to the local visa office.

Reactions: Partner59

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

As mentioned, you are in a tricky situation.

Your app is due May 25 to IRCC, at which time the sister will still be 21 years old and a dependent. You can't exclude her from the app, she MUST be included as a non-accompanying dependent, and she MUST be counted in your family size. So you are basically submitting an ineligible app upfront.

However just a few days later she turns 22, so after this happens you can request to IRCC that you exclude her completely as a dependent in the application.

The visa officer may allow this, in which case would calculate your 3 years income for family size of 7 (since by the time they even open your app to start checking your income, she will already be over 22 so can request to exclude her).

OR, the visa officer may see at the time you submitted the app you had family size of 8, see you don't meet LICO for family size of 8 in 2015, and reject the app based on that. They may not accept the exclusion of sister from family size.

You can submit and hope for the best. It may not be until 2019 though until you get the decision on income check and sponsor approval.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Hi All,

I am going to complete the application forms for Parents sponsorship this weekend and wondering if we need to submit medicals and pcc with the application? I briefly looked at the checklist and i didnt find any such requirement to be submitted with the application. Appreciate your help and time to respond...

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi All,

I am going to complete the application forms for Parents sponsorship this weekend and wondering if we need to submit medicals and pcc with the application? I briefly looked at the checklist and i didnt find any such requirement to be submitted with the application. Appreciate your help and time to respond...
See 2 posts above yours. Here's a link:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2018.513951/page-101#post-6827090

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Just to consider the possibility, what if they return the file after May 25th or just before, would you be able to still resubmit the file after may 25 after correcting the errors theyhighlighted? Any views on this?

kevin_405

Mar 26, 2018
Anyone knows the common reasons applications get rejected.
I think 2 big reasons that people easily miss are
Not signing all documents properly by all parties
Not paying proper fees

Any other things to look out for.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Anyone knows the common reasons applications get rejected.
I think 2 big reasons that people easily miss are
Not signing all documents properly by all parties
Not paying proper fees

Any other things to look out for.
Not meeting requirements. Eg LICO income. Filling in relevant forms. Providing relevant data.

Imran B

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
All,

I got the invitation to sponsor my Parents for Canadian immigration. I am planning on gathering all required information needed for the submission. Could someone who is sponsoring or sponsored parents from (Pakistan) guide me what documents are required for the submission? Forms? supporting Documents? etc

Reactions: nayr69sg

canadavisa2018

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018