+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My daughter was born on 1st Jan 2018, I had done my income calculation based on 5 person but after my daughter birth do I need to do income calculation for previous years on 5 persons or 6 persons?
You need to count your daughter in the family size.

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Wanted to clarify that if your brother is married or common law he can not be included as a dependent on your parents' application.
Thank you @canuck78 for response. no he is not married.

I recalculated my income with my wife with LICO table plus 30% of income, it seems we are only able to sponsor my wife both parents and not their dependents.
2018 LICO income table says cut off PLUS 30% of your combined income. This plus 30% where we see 99% chances of getting PGP application rejection, if we add my brother in law and my sister in law, and if I don't add 30% to income we do meet requirement to sponsor my wife siblings with her both parents.

my next question is, in order to avail this opportunity,
- can we just sponsor her parents and do not declare dependent children in principal applicant form imm0008? or we should declare them in main applicant form imm0008 Q11 (will accompany principal applicant to Canada?) tick "NO" , do I still have to mention 4 or just 2 in Q3 (how many family members including you are in this application) and with that IRCC will require us to meet additional income for 4 or just for 2 which are being sponsored?

Last edited:

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
I think parents can just mail back the pages they sign on. I'm not sure if there's any point in mailing the whole package/stack of papers, when you can just print them out here. Am I missing something ?

Also, the date they sign on will be different from the one the sponsor signs on. Hope that's not a problem.
Or you can just email the filled forms to parents and they can print and sign them. Then they only have to courier back to you all the forms along with photos. Correct me if u’m wrong here. Im trying to save time and courier fee from Canada to home country. Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Or you can just email the filled forms to parents and they can print and sign them. Then they only have to courier back to you all the forms along with photos. Correct me if u’m wrong here. Im trying to save time and courier fee from Canada to home country. Thanks
Yes, that's exactly what I'll be doing. No point mailing the forms from here.

Reactions: HarryKhuttan

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Does it make sense to appoint myself (the sponsor, residing in Canada) as a representative for my parents (not in Canada) ?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Does it make sense to appoint myself (the sponsor, residing in Canada) as a representative for my parents (not in Canada) ?
I'm trying to figure out the same. Not sure how the local visa office communicates with representatives, over email or regular mail.

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day Everyone,

I've been selected for 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program, and applying for my Dad and my Mom.

Just want to confirm, do my parents need to complete all the following forms separately; One set of these forms for my Mom and another set of these for my Dad?
  • Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
  • Additional Dependants-Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
  • Schedule A – Background-declaration [IMM 5669]
  • Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Also, Will we be filing below forms two times; One for my Dad and One for my Mom?
  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
  • Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]
Lastly, for "Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]" form, can someone please help me to right direction? In my family, there are two persons (me and my wife, we both are PR) + Mom & Dad (to whom we are sponsoring, they have one dependent daughter too which will not accompany them). I would highly appreciate any help on how to tackle this form, especially from Q2 - Q6. My Wife is Co-Signer.

Thank you for assistance.
Sorry to be pain but can anyone please help me on above queries? I highly appreciate it.

BeeA

Apr 26, 2017

I recalculated my income with my wife with LICO table plus 30% of income, it seems we are only able to sponsor my wife both parents and not their dependents.
2018 LICO income table says cut off PLUS 30% of your combined income. This plus 30% where we see 99% chances of getting PGP application rejection, if we add my brother in law and my sister in law, and if I don't add 30% to income we do meet requirement to sponsor my wife siblings with her both parents.

- can we just sponsor her parents and do not declare dependent children in principal applicant form imm0008? or we should declare them in main applicant form imm0008 Q11 (will accompany principal applicant to Canada?) tick "NO" , do I still have to mention 4 or just 2 in Q3 (how many family members including you are in this application) and with that IRCC will require us to meet additional income for 4 or just for 2 which are being sponsored?
You do not need to do any 30% calculation. Just use the figures in the table in the link below AS IS for the year and family size. Answer the question to select the year and you will then know if you are eligible based on line 150 in your notice of assessment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#table

Hope this helps . Cheers!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

The income table in the application already has the 30% included.

Dependents can't be left out. They must be counted for the family size and fully included in the application.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

Partner59

Mar 25, 2018
Hi everybody

My daughter has been selected for 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program.

She has not got an email about that but her number is in the list.

Is it OK?

And when is the specified deadline till she is able to apply?

Thank you for your help in advance!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi everybody

My daughter has been selected for 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program.

She has not got an email about that but her number is in the list.

Is it OK?

And when is the specified deadline till she is able to apply?

Thank you for your help in advance!
Hi, she will need the email to apply. The pdf attachment in the email contains an invitation letter with a barcode that you need to send with your application.

The deadline to apply is May 25th. IRCC should receive the complete application package by this date.

She could submit an online form to inquire about her selection, if she doesn't get the email in the next few days.
https://gcs-ssc.cic.gc.ca/pgp/?_ga=2.182796769.650959412.1521861694-2045079933.1493162303

Reactions: Partner59

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
You do not need to do any 30% calculation. Just use the figures in the table in the link below AS IS for the year and family size. Answer the question to select the year and you will then know if you are eligible based on line 150 in your notice of assessment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#table

Hope this helps . Cheers!

Thank you @BeeA for help. much appreciated.

I checked the LICO table and which raise one more question about my 2015 total income, I hope you or any champions/experts can guide;

2015 our total income was $88,267, at that time we were only 3 family member, now (in 2018) if I am sponsoring 4 more people do we have to meet 7 people income for 2015 which is 82,091 or 8 people total income which is $90,449. Please help.

2016 our total income was $115,961, in 2016 Nov, my daughter was born, so we become 4 family member and requirement is $92,217

2017 our total income is $96,006, family size remain the same 4. And additional 4 which we intended to sponsor so total 8 and requirement for 8 is $93,247.

So I’m covered for 2016 and 2017. Just doubtful about 2015 income.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you @BeeA for help. much appreciated.

I checked the LICO table and which raise one more question about my 2015 total income, I hope you or any champions/experts can guide;

2015 our total income was $88,267, at that time we were only 3 family member, now (in 2018) if I am sponsoring 4 more people do we have to meet 7 people income for 2015 which is 82,091 or 8 people total income which is $90,449. Please help.

2016 our total income was $115,961, in 2016 Nov, my daughter was born, so we become 4 family member and requirement is $92,217

2017 our total income is $96,006, family size remain the same 4. And additional 4 which we intended to sponsor so total 8 and requirement for 8 is $93,247.

So I’m covered for 2016 and 2017. Just doubtful about 2015 income.
You need to be able to sponsor 8 family members for all 3 years.

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
We've not been selected for a second year in a row. Is there anyway to appeal or something?
My parents are gonna be really old by the time they actually become PR, if this trend continues.