+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
The quota may or may not have been filled last year because it was the first year of the lottery. They have accepted 500 extra application in anticipation that some application will still not qualify. The quota will likely be filled this year. The increase in applications could make up for last year depending on how many applications aren't eligible. The income requirements are pretty low in my opinion. In some of the larger cities I assume people struggle when their family members arrive. You are in the same position as many other parents/grandparents but there is more demand than spaces. Given your age you son must have moved to Canada somewhat recently. Others have waited much longer for the chance to reunite with their family. Although you want to come to Canada you just have to wait like everyone else. The processing times have already decreased from 3-4 years to 1-2. This program is not a priority and I can't imagine nore resources will be alocated to reducing the wait time any further.
Hi Canuck78 .... my son in Canada for more than 5 years now ...... glad to know that processing times have decreased from 3-4 years to 1-2 years .... this is what Scylla also informed .....if lucky they may call for some more applications end of this year .... 1-2 years of processing time is reasonable ..... thanks and regards

HarryKhuttan

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Edmonton
Hi! I need help regarding the dependent child. When I submitted the form to show interest, they only asked the information of parents and I remember I checked it thoroughly but there wasn’t any option to let them know about eligible dependent. So my question is would they still add my sister (19yr old) as a dependent? If i add her would they refuse to give PR because of her information not found in interest form?

SC89

Aug 24, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
VISA ISSUED...
I
Hi! I need help regarding the dependent child. When I submitted the form to show interest, they only asked the information of parents and I remember I checked it thoroughly but there wasn’t any option to let them know about eligible dependent. So my question is would they still add my sister (19yr old) as a dependent? If i add her would they refuse to give PR because of her information not found in interest form?
Yes you can still add your sister. they won't refuse the application. I'm also applying for my brother of same age .

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Day Everyone,

I've been selected for 2018 Parents and Grandparents Program, and applying for my Dad and my Mom.

Just want to confirm, do my parents need to complete all the following forms separately; One set of these forms for my Mom and another set of these for my Dad?
  • Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
  • Additional Dependants-Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
  • Schedule A – Background-declaration [IMM 5669]
  • Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Also, Will we be filing below forms two times; One for my Dad and One for my Mom?
  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
  • Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]
Lastly, for "Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768]" form, can someone please help me to right direction? In my family, there are two persons (me and my wife, we both are PR) + Mom & Dad (to whom we are sponsoring, they have one dependent daughter too which will not accompany them). I would highly appreciate any help on how to tackle this form, especially from Q2 - Q6. My Wife is Co-Signer.

Thank you for assistance.

Chantelp

Apr 3, 2014
Hi Everyone. Long post sorry
Wanting to see if anyone can give me some more info. I am sponsoring my mother, my husband is Co-sign. I have a 21 year old sister who will not be coming to Canada.
I called CIC and this is what they said.
I have to include my sister in the financial evaluation form ( this is fine we meet the requirments) and then just select that she will not be coming to Canada on thr IMM0008 form.
They also said I dont have to submit a Schedule A background form or Additional family info form for her.
I am not sure about this as when I read the guide it says any dependant does not matter if they are coming to Canada or not? Any input?

Woolbird

Mar 24, 2018
Hello, please help!
Can I make changes to validated application with barcode? Or can I just start the application again?
And, can I use in application my canadian address, as my moms current address ( she is visiting me for 6 monthand Im sponsoring her) ?
Thank you!

aajassani

Star Member
May 2, 2016
Hi
Need your opinion. Thanks in Advance
1. Can i make my Mother Principal Applicant and my Father as spouse of Principal Applicant ? as my Mother is here in Canada, would be easier to get forms signed. Dont remember if Interest to Sponsor form asked for Principal Applicant name OR just name of Parents.
2. Can it be an issue, if I selected co-signer in Interest to Sponsor form, but I dont actually mention co-signer in actual Application or viceversa. I dont remember if i selected co-signer in Interest to Sponsor or not, but I do meet LICO requirement on my own.
3. Do i need to fill Use of Representative Form, if I am filling forms for my Parents and use same email ID.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Dear All, I need help with the following question.
My cousin got selected to apply for her parents under parents and grandparents sponsorship 2018.
She does not work and is staying home mom. Their family income is healthy as her husband has a business and earns 100-150k + minimum over the last 6-7 years. obviously, she cannot meet the requirement of income herself as her husband is the bread earner. They file their taxes jointly. Can she still apply with her husband as a co-signer? and she has brother and sister under 18. Can she include them in the application and will they also get the visa or it is only for parents or grandparents?
Any help will be much appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone. Long post sorry
Wanting to see if anyone can give me some more info. I am sponsoring my mother, my husband is Co-sign. I have a 21 year old sister who will not be coming to Canada.
I called CIC and this is what they said.
I have to include my sister in the financial evaluation form ( this is fine we meet the requirments) and then just select that she will not be coming to Canada on thr IMM0008 form.
They also said I dont have to submit a Schedule A background form or Additional family info form for her.
I am not sure about this as when I read the guide it says any dependant does not matter if they are coming to Canada or not? Any input?
Your sister is a dependent and must be fully included in the app, which means submitting her forms, PCCs medical etc.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, please help!
Can I make changes to validated application with barcode? Or can I just start the application again?
And, can I use in application my canadian address, as my moms current address ( she is visiting me for 6 monthand Im sponsoring her) ?
Thank you!
If you make a change, just re-validate the form.

Yes, she can use her current address in Canada.

Reactions: Woolbird

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
Need your opinion. Thanks in Advance
1. Can i make my Mother Principal Applicant and my Father as spouse of Principal Applicant ? as my Mother is here in Canada, would be easier to get forms signed. Dont remember if Interest to Sponsor form asked for Principal Applicant name OR just name of Parents.
2. Can it be an issue, if I selected co-signer in Interest to Sponsor form, but I dont actually mention co-signer in actual Application or viceversa. I dont remember if i selected co-signer in Interest to Sponsor or not, but I do meet LICO requirement on my own.
3. Do i need to fill Use of Representative Form, if I am filling forms for my Parents and use same email ID.
1. It doesn't matter which parent is the PA.

2. No, it isn't an issue. You don't have to use a co-signer if you don't want to.

3. It is generally easier to make yourself their representative, as you can then deal with IRCC on their behalf.

aakber

Feb 23, 2017
I am assuming that you are talking about Schedule A, because schedule:1 is not required or listed in the document checklist. If your parents were staying in a hotel, you can provide the hotel address.
Yes, I mean schedule A.
I am assuming that you are talking about Schedule A, because schedule:1 is not required or listed in the document checklist. If your parents were staying in a hotel, you can provide the hotel address.
They don't remember hotel and its address and the stay were very short like 1 to 2 days..

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hello. My request for sponsoring my parents was affirmed for 2018 and now I have 60 (well, now less) days to submit the paperwork. But the thing is that my parents are not in Canada. I see the application has to be partially filled and signed by them and should be "original" I wonder how is it expected to happen? I don't think it is feasible to bring them here just to sign the papers within this period. Does it make sense to mail the filled forms? Or maybe it is acceptable to have them to sign, scan and email? Or I am totally misunderstanding something?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi! I have a question, what if the dependent is 21 years old not married or common-law relationship but he has a child, can i still sponsor him? Can i include his baby in my application? Thank you!
Yes you need to declare the child on the application or he/she will not be able to be sponsored in the future. The baby can be sponsored now or later but must be included on the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello. My request for sponsoring my parents was affirmed for 2018 and now I have 60 (well, now less) days to submit the paperwork. But the thing is that my parents are not in Canada. I see the application has to be partially filled and signed by them and should be "original" I wonder how is it expected to happen? I don't think it is feasible to bring them here just to sign the papers within this period. Does it make sense to mail the filled forms? Or maybe it is acceptable to have them to sign, scan and email? Or I am totally misunderstanding something?
Send it by courier like fedex.