+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
He is dependent of my parent and under 22 so he can be included in the application.

I am short of 2500 in Lico for 2015 and my daughter was born near the end of 2015 so i am just confused if i should add him in the application or not. and how CIC interprets family size yearly and how they would if my daughter was born in 2015.

i will be calling them and if i am not sure, then i will just apply for my parent and not add dependent brother in the application.
I think i selected "yes" that time.. i dont recall though. is there any way to check my responses again?

if you did not check mark yes, you would not have been allowed to submit the web form.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
We also received the happy news/email today in the morning. My parents name came up in the draw and now we have to submit their application by May 25, 2018. Also, praying for other deserving applicants who are waiting to bring their parents here. Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! This is wonderful news! I am so happy for you. Isn't such a relief to be able to know that your parents can live with you in Canada for the rest of their lives? You are so lucky! Enjoy it!

Reactions: gst8486

priya_98

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
We also received the happy news/email today in the morning. My parents name came up in the draw and now we have to submit their application by May 25, 2018. Also, praying for other deserving applicants who are waiting to bring their parents here. Good luck everyone!
Can you suggest what documents needs to be submitted?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for the link. My parents definitely meet the criteria. How does it work though? If they came and bought a house in Quebec (they are cheap) and say they settled in Quebec and then moved to Alberta later on would it still work? Of course they will invest the $800k with the financial institution in Quebec. BMO?

Or do they have to stay in Quebec for the full 5 years? What happens after? So it is not Federal?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks for the link. My parents definitely meet the criteria. How does it work though? If they came and bought a house in Quebec (they are cheap) and say they settled in Quebec and then moved to Alberta later on would it still work? Of course they will invest the $800k with the financial institution in Quebec. BMO?

Or do they have to stay in Quebec for the full 5 years? What happens after? So it is not Federal?
The answers should be on the website or call their hotline.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I agree that cic doesn't make a lot of thing clear which doesn't help but in case things aren't clear then if we cannot trust cic helpline then whom else? As I said make sure you get details of person whom you have confirmed with and mention it in the letter along with the application. If cic staff itself isn't clear of rules then they cannot expect common people to be aware of this. Honestly I would have submitted my application this year if I had got selected in lottery. Also it would help if people on this forum can tell if they called cic helpline on this particular topic and received different response. At least then when others call cic helpline then they have something to quote to cic person.
Again, IRCC call centre agents give out wrong info all the time, on a variety of topics.

As I said, the forms simply do not align with how the call centre agents are saying family size is calculated. Following same logic, if you don't include kids born in later years in previous years family sizes, then why bother even including parents in previous years family size since you weren't sponsoring them back then? If IRCC was interested in old family sizes, they would specifically ask for family composition in previous years. But they don't.

If you really want to believe the call centre agents then get what they say in writing. Then after the visa officer rejects your app, you can possibly appeal it and argue to the IAD that call centre agent gave you wrong info. Perhaps they will allow the appeal, or perhaps not. And if not, that's probably 4-5 years of waiting for app rejection and then waiting for appeal date to find out, during which you missed applying in multiple years when you actually did qualify.

Reactions: hallieliu
Mar 21, 2018
Again, IRCC call centre agents give out wrong info all the time, on a variety of topics.

As I said, the forms simply do not align with how the call centre agents are saying family size is calculated. Following same logic, if you don't include kids born in later years in previous years family sizes, then why bother even including parents in previous years family size since you weren't sponsoring them back then? If IRCC was interested in old family sizes, they would specifically ask for family composition in previous years. But they don't.

If you really want to believe the call centre agents then get what they say in writing. Then after the visa officer rejects your app, you can possibly appeal it and argue to the IAD that call centre agent gave you wrong info. Perhaps they will allow the appeal, or perhaps not. And if not, that's probably 4-5 years of waiting for app rejection and then waiting for appeal date to find out, during which you missed applying in multiple years when you actually did qualify.
I don't think there is any point in me arguing about what to believe or what not. I gave my two cents of information which I gathered by going through cic methods to get information. I only advised to call cic and confirm again. In the end it is up-to individuals to verify all the sources of their information and do what they think is best for them. Anyways good luck to those who got selected in lottery, hope they get united with their parents soon.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi,
I got selected under the lottery to apply for immigration for my parents and had a few questions about my case. Can I inbox any of you for guidance?

Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply. I will call them to confirm and apply accordingly. Either my parent alone or with my brother, depending on the outcome of the call.

And Good luck next year or maybe you get lucky in the second round. Fingers crossed.
You don't have a choice to sponsor your brother or not.

If he is a dependant, then you need to include him in your parents sponsorship. It's not up to you to choose.

Reactions: hallieliu

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,
I got selected under the lottery to apply for immigration for my parents and had a few questions about my case. Can I inbox any of you for guidance?

Thanks
Congratulations htayyab! You are so lucky! I am very happy for you. From what I have seen on the forum the most reliable and knowledgeable person here is Rob_TO. I would send him a private message and ask him if he would help you. I am pretty sure he will. :)

Cheers!

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
You can't apply for your brother, the program is called parents and grandparents sponsorship, not parents, grandparents and siblings sponsorship.
If he is dependent of your parents, he is included in the family size.
If he cant be sponsored then why is there a question about "will this dependent accompany you" and also at the time of fee payment, there is an option to pay fee for dependent child as well. I am confused about this. Would appreciate if you have any other info on this.

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Congratulations htayyab! You are so lucky! I am very happy for you. From what I have seen on the forum the most reliable and knowledgeable person here is Rob_TO. I would send him a private message and ask him if he would help you. I am pretty sure he will. :)

Cheers!
Thank you so much! :)

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If he cant be sponsored then why is there a question about "will this dependent accompany you" and also at the time of fee payment, there is an option to pay fee for dependent child as well. I am confused about this. Would appreciate if you have any other info on this.
Your parents may sponsor your brother on a later date when they become PR, but you brother is not included on the PR application of your parents. Again, your brother is included in the family size.