+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

Please help me clarify on my situation.
I've got the invitation to apply for 2018 PGP.
All income requirement and etc are met, so I'm qualified applicant.

My question is that my mom divorced with my dad more than 15 years ago, and I have older brother who is 32 years old.

When I submit my application, I only named my mom for person whom I'm sponsoring since my brother is old enough to be considered as independent, and also, my brother holds PR in Canada.

So, in result, I applied with following answer:

2. How many family members are currently in your family unit?
Answer: 1 (I'm single and not married or in common law)

3. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members.
Answer: 1 (I did not include my dad, and my brother)

Did I do it correctly? If it was wrong, can I make correction on this type of mistake?

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Thanks, I found some info about this as well that confirms what you said. Both of our combined income do exceed the minimum required but in general I am surprised that this govt. that likes to portray it self gender neutral and pro women will provide no such exception for new mothers on maternity leave. By this rule many single mothers won't be able to sponsor their parents for atleast three years.
As you said, this is a gender neutral country.

Reactions: yycpam and OP_POP

faisal124

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Hi,

I got invitation to apply for my parents under 2018 PGP program. My wife will be the co-signor for my application. Does anybody know if the co-signor needs to reside in the same address as the sponsor? Will my wife be able to act as a co-signor if she lives in a separate province due to her job? Did anybody have a similar situation?

cwazyy

May 22, 2014
Can anyone please help with the questions below :)

Hi All, got the invite and am going to sponsor my parents, I meet all the income requirements :)
1) They do not have a marriage certificate, they have two affidavits (one in India and one in Oman) made though in the past (1998 and 2004). Should they make another affidavit in 2018. If yes, can anyone share a format/language please.

2) Is there any benefit from using a lawyer or an immigration consultant to file the paperwork, are any of you using one?

3) Do I have to fill in two applications (one for my father and one for my mother) or will one application cover both of them?

4) I have only one other sibling who is 45 years old and is not dependent on my parents, do I need to provide her details as well?

5) My individual income is enough to support the application, is there any benefit to adding my wife as a co-sponsor, e.g. I lose my job and my income dips?

Thanks in advance for the help and guidance and good luck to everyone!

Gurvin

Mar 22, 2018
Hi, I got my email my in laws and my mom is selected to apply PR in Canada. I have a question that we were 6 person in 2015 and 2016. Now in 2017 we are 7 petson. I just wanna confirm how they gonna check income in 2015 and 2016 as a 6 person or 7 person. Pls help me really confuse.
Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All, got the invite and am going to sponsor my parents, I meet all the income requirements :)
1) They do not have a marriage certificate, they have two affidavits (one in India and one in Oman) made though in the past (1998 and 2004). Should they make another affidavit in 2018. If yes, can anyone share a format/language please.

2) Is there any benefit from using a lawyer or an immigration consultant to file the paperwork, are any of you using one?

3) Do I have to fill in two applications (one for my father and one for my mother) or will one application cover both of them?

4) I have only one other sibling who is 45 years old and is not dependent on my parents, do I need to provide her details as well?

5) My individual income is enough to support the application, is there any benefit to adding my wife as a co-sponsor, e.g. I lose my job and my income dips?

Thanks in advance for the help and guidance and good luck to everyone!
I only have some of the answers.

1) Check with country specific discussion and older PGP discussion. You may have luck finding information regarding to missing marriage certificate.

2) I don't see the benefit unless you have problem reading and following the instruction and/or you do have an email/address that you can response to CIC requests.

3) 1 single application unless your parents are divorced. One of them will be the principle applicant and the other the spouse.

4) She is not a dependent. You will need to fill in any form regarding to "other family members". I haven't go through the applicant forms. So I do not know which one it is. You may need to provide some information (date of birth and address) but I don't think you need to give details.

5) The benefit of having a co-signer is that in case of any change of your income in the near future (during the application is being processed), you can ensure that the combined income can meet the requirement. (layoff, change of job, health condition and unable to work ...etc)

Reactions: cwazyy

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I got my email my in laws and my mom is selected to apply PR in Canada. I have a question that we were 6 person in 2015 and 2016. Now in 2017 we are 7 petson. I just wanna confirm how they gonna check income in 2015 and 2016 as a 6 person or 7 person. Pls help me really confuse.
Thanks.
You need to use 7 persons. It's the number of family members at time of application. If your number of family members changes in the future (i.e. new baby in 2019), then that new number is only for future years (i.e. 2019, 2020...etc)

But NOA will for last 3 years is needed for 7 persons.

praire rider

Feb 11, 2015
Hello everyone
N Congrats to those who recieved invitation to apply.
Need some help
I got invitation, I do qualify to apply but have some doubts
I m getting divorced (my 1 yr of separation will be complete in April 2018) so technically I m not divorced yet but seperated. i dont have anything on record showing me married as my marriage lasted for very short period. While applying should I declare myself single or divorced?? I wont be having divorce certificate at the time of application n will get that after deadline to apply. Do i need to provide complete explanation about my marital status with application?
Please suggest
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone
Need some help
I m getting divorced (my 1 yr of separation will be complete in April 2018) so technically I m not divorced yet but seperated. i dont have anything on record showing me married as my marriage lasted for very short period. While applying should I declare myself single or divorced?? I wont be having divorce certificate at the time of application n will get that after deadline to apply. Do i need to provide complete explanation about my marital status with application?
Please suggest
Thanks
You are neither single nor divorced, so you cannot declare yourself as either.

wendyy99

Mar 22, 2018
Toronto
Congrats to all the people got selected for 2018!!

I just got selected to sponsor my parents. I have a question regarding the family size:

When first submitted the online interest form, me and my husband were co- sponsor for each other. I stated I have 7 people in my family. ( My parents + my daughter + me +my husband + my in-laws). We were thinking if both of us were lucky and got selected, there would be 7 people in total. But the thing is only my application was selected.

Here is my question: On Form Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768], I will only have 5 people in my family since my husband's parents were not selected. But on the online interest submission I had 7 people there. Is this gonna be a problem, inconsistent family size. (7 for online interest submission vs. 5 for actual application).

Actually, our income is okay for 7 people, I don't mind to include my in-laws in my application. Can I include them in my family size now? since my husband is going to submit his sponsor application next year. If so, which category should I use for them (current /previous under-taking)??

Can someone please help me?
Thanks a million!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Congrats to all the people got selected for 2018!!

I just got selected to sponsor my parents. I have a question regarding the family size:

When first submitted the online interest form, me and my husband were co- sponsor for each other. I stated I have 7 people in my family. ( My parents + my daughter + me +my husband + my in-laws). We were thinking if both of us were lucky and got selected, there would be 7 people in total. But the thing is only my application was selected.

Here is my question: On Form Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship [IMM 5768], I will only have 5 people in my family since my husband's parents were not selected. But on the online interest submission I had 7 people there. Is this gonna be a problem, inconsistent family size. (7 for online interest submission vs. 5 for actual application).

Actually, our income is okay for 7 people, I don't mind to include my in-laws in my application. Can I include them in my family size now? since my husband is going to submit his sponsor application next year. If so, which category should I use for them (current /previous under-taking)??

Can someone please help me?
Thanks a million!!
Don't include your in-laws, as they are not part of your family size since they won't be sponsored. So just put 5.

Situations can change from lottery to submitting app, so it won't be a problem.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello everyone
Need some help
Please suggest
Thanks
There is an option to choose "legally separated" so that may apply. Or "married" since technicall you're still married.

Do you have income to qualify if they insist your ex-spouse must be included in family size since you're not legally divorced yet?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks.
IRCC only cares about your family size at the time you submit your application since this is the size going forward. They don't care what your family size was in previous years, and there are no questions anywhere in the app relating to previous years family size.

So 3 previous years must meet family size as of today, which will be 7 in 2015,2016,2017.