+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

mapi

Jun 30, 2015
We can see enough idiots on this thread alone. They have been following this thread, knew they're not eligible but still entered the lottery and won it.

Imagine how many applicants shall be outside this forum with the similar situation. IMO, there will be second round coming in July/Aug.
I think with this system CIC is not even getting 10K files per year. For example, last year in first round they got 3500 filled applications. That's why they did second round of 6500 applicants. How do we even know that those 6500 applicants were all genuine in second round?

I totally believe that they never processed all 10000 applications last year. Who knows about this year?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
R u sure?
Read the guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
How to calculate the family size?
Count:
  • the number of persons you are now sponsoring and
  • all dependent family members of that person, whether or not they are accompanying.

All the family members whether accompanying or not the principal applicant to Canada must be declared on the application

Reactions: yycpam and YVR123

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I think with this system CIC is not even getting 10K files per year. For example, last year in first round they got 3500 filled applications. That's why they did second round of 6500 applicants. How do we even know that those 6500 applicants were all genuine in second round?

I totally believe that they never processed all 10000 applications last year. Who knows about this year?
They accepted 15000 apps in 2018 lottery. If they still have 10K target, then they are allowing up to 5K to be ineligible.

Some people still applied that were ineligible, but with new lottery form it will not be close to what it was last year. I think they will get the 10K eligible apps needed in this first round out of the 15K they gave lottery spot to (maybe even more), so doubt a 2nd round will be done. But you never know.

Chantelp

Apr 3, 2014
Hi Everyone.

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind. I was selected and am applying for my mother. I am applying with my husbamd as co-sign.
I have a sister who is 21 ( currently in Tailand for 9 months teaching english) she is turning 22 in October 2018, and another sister who is 36 ( not part of application)
My questions are:
Does my sister (21) have to be included in the application?
If I dont include any of my sister do I still need to complete forms for them Imm5606 and Imm5668 background?

Thank you

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
So my wife got selected in the lottery to sponsor my in-laws. She was on maternity leave for most of 2016 and obviously her 2016 NOA income does not meet the minimum required. Is there an exception for mothers on maternity leave and if so what is it and where can I find this information. I tried looking on CIC but found nothing.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone.

I have a few questions if you guys dont mind. I was selected and am applying for my mother. I am applying with my husbamd as co-sign.
I have a sister who is 21 ( currently in Tailand for 9 months teaching english) she is turning 22 in October 2018, and another sister who is 36 ( not part of application)
My questions are:
Does my sister (21) have to be included in the application?
If I dont include any of my sister do I still need to complete forms for them Imm5606 and Imm5668 background?

Thank you
Your 21 year old sister needs to be included as a dependent unless she is married or in a common-law relationship.

Reactions: Chantelp

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,
So my wife got selected in the lottery to sponsor my in-laws. She was on maternity leave for most of 2016 and obviously her 2016 NOA income does not meet the minimum required. Is there an exception for mothers on maternity leave and if so what is it and where can I find this information. I tried looking on CIC but found nothing.
There is no exception. If her income and your income as a co-signer doesn't meet the minimum, then she doesn't qualify as a sponsor and should not have submitted an interest form.

Reactions: yycpam

Chantelp

Apr 3, 2014
Your 21 year old sister needs to be included as a dependent unless she is married or in a common-law relationship.
Thank you. Just to clarify tbe total count to calcualte income will then be 6?
1) myself
2) my husband
3 +4) my kids
5) my mother ( The main applicant)
6) my sister (21 years old)

Thx again

Chantelp

Apr 3, 2014
Thank you. Just to clarify tbe total count to calcualte income will then be 6?
1) myself
2) my husband
3 +4) my kids
5) my mother ( The main applicant)
6) my sister (21 years old)

Thx again
Another thing she is living and working in Tailand and does not want to come to Canada. Our income meets the requirments for her but she does want to come. Can I just select that she is not included to come to Canada on the form?
Thx

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
Hi All,
Her maternity EI income will count. But if her total income and your income don’t meet the income requirements, then you are ineligible to apply. No exceptions.

nirvana555

Star Member
Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no exception. If her income and your income as a co-signer doesn't meet the minimum, then she doesn't qualify as a sponsor and should not have submitted an interest form.
Thanks, I found some info about this as well that confirms what you said. Both of our combined income do exceed the minimum required but in general I am surprised that this govt. that likes to portray it self gender neutral and pro women will provide no such exception for new mothers on maternity leave. By this rule many single mothers won't be able to sponsor their parents for atleast three years.