+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

bad.boo

Mar 24, 2018
Hi
I see that your Office is Mississauga , are your parents in Canada? I’m wondering this because my mom is in Canada under Supervisa, and I thought that her application will be sent to the LVO that proceses for her country? Can her biometrics and Meds be done in here?

Thanks for your guidance
you should call CIC. Try to call first time in the morning. Questions like these, I have been able to cover with them.
I think if you don't notify this, they will send the documents to Mexico. So better ask, man.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Well, the application is in Mississauga for now. It will be sent to the LVO for further processing.
I was under the impression that the application had been transferred to the LVO the day I received the sponsorship application.
Apparently that has not happened until now.

My parents were in Canada on super visa but they had to go back to home country for biometrics as you can't do biometrics in Canada.
Medical can be done here..

HTH
@gigab and @USK

PCC could be even completed in Canada. It just takes longer and it costs more. The fingerprints should be done by Canadian Police department and then they send it (or you send it) to the office handling PCC in your home country (or any other country that you need to provide their PCC for your application purposes) .

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: gigab

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
As per my cic account medical is passed....they are doing background checks...but for additional documents...it says we need additional documents to process ur application we will send u email or letter...i already send pcc and RPRF with my application...so I wonder what can be the additional documents

Reactions: YULIA-2016

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
@YULIA-2016

Checked the SS, found out Status for Applicant is showing 'In Process'. It needs to be corrected as Ecas is showing 'App Received' from March 07. Please see below.

1. We received XXXXXXX's application for permanent residence on August 7, 2018.
  2. We sent XXXXXXX correspondence acknowledging receipt of XXXXXXX's application(s) on March 12, 2019.

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Hi,
We have been asked to provide Travel History Info Form. Is this IMM5562 ?
I cant see any place to sign on this form. So, I assume no sign required?

bad.boo

Mar 24, 2018
@gigab and @USK

PCC could be even completed in Canada. It just takes longer and it costs more. The fingerprints should be done by Canadian Police department and then they send it (or you send it) to the office handling PCC in your home country (or any other country that you need to provide their PCC for your application purposes) .

Hope that helps
@gigab adding to this, your parents have to get as well the "antecedentes penales en la corte suprema de justicia", along with the antecedentes policiales. My parents are doing that right now. Honduran here too. They are in Tegucigalpa, so I kind of know where they are going.

Shoot me a message if you have any questions.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
@gigab and @USK

Hope that helps

Really depends what instructions CIC provides you to obtain what is needed.

In my case they wanted my parents to go to the Visa Application Center either in the home country or to the US to get this done.
We selected the first option.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello Folks,

CIC Online Services status shows Decision Made for SA. But i have not received any email. Did anyone knows, how I can get more information about this decision made? Did the CIC sent emails about it? if yes, how many days normally it takes.

Please also update information in sheet in 2018 at line 196.

Thanks

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My parents file is being processed in Manila after SA ( 2nd wk of October I think) I got PCC request after a week and then medical request after 3 weeks since then I haven't heard back from them . PCC and Medical Results (both parents passed the exam ) are with them since Nov and no word from the up to now :(
Thanks for the sharing your experience.

Mine, I haven't received anything since the Decision Made for the Sponsorship, I believe they changed to decision Made on February 11th 2019. Hoping to hear from them sooner than later.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Really depends what instructions CIC provides you to obtain what is needed.

In my case they wanted my parents to go to the Visa Application Center either in the home country or to the US to get this done.
We selected the first option.
But Police Certificate is done by the security departments of other countries, not the visa offices

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
As per my cic account medical is passed....they are doing background checks...but for additional documents...it says we need additional documents to process ur application we will send u email or letter...i already send pcc and RPRF with my application...so I wonder what can be the additional documents
Have you sent through these by using GCKey signin and then uploaded?

If not, then this may legit because once you upload through the GCKey then after couple days they changed this verbiage to this "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded."

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hello Folks,

CIC Online Services status shows Decision Made for SA. But i have not received any email. Did anyone knows, how I can get more information about this decision made? Did the CIC sent emails about it? if yes, how many days normally it takes.

Thanks
You can call IRCC call centre at 1(888)242-2100. They can tell you what the decision is. Most likely a positive one :)

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Hello Folks,

Thanks
Mostly through email - but some folks have received this in mail as wll... I think you should wait till eve because it does take couple days to arrive, once the decision made :)

Reactions: Another-Immigrant