+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
My friend and sister in law were able to get in and they have confirmation numbers, it was really quick!
So, it's a really different approach, huh? You get confirmation right away, but once the limit is reached, they do not accept any more request. First come, first serve basis with a touch of luck and very fast internet!

Good luck to all 2019 PGP applicants! But, for those who did not get it, do not despair. Not all of those folks who got confirmations may meet LICO or check to ensure that they do, despite widespread media coverage and the form specifically asks for it too. There will always be at least one who "forgot" to check LICO. So, the second round will happen later in the year.

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
So, it's a really different approach, huh? You get confirmation right away, but once the limit is reached, they do not accept any more request. First come, first serve basis with a touch of luck and very fast internet!

Good luck to all 2019 PGP applicants! But, for those who did not get it, do not despair. Not all of those folks who got confirmations may meet LICO or check to ensure that they do, despite widespread media coverage and the form specifically asks for it too. There will always be at least one who "forgot" to check LICO. So, the second round will happen later in the year.
yes my friend said she got an email already from IRCC

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
My friend and sister in law was able to get in and they have confirmation numbers, it was really quick![/QU

So it means all have confirmation numbers are accepted to apply the pgp sponsorship? Or they still choose ?

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
anybody knows how to update the e-mail address on the application? I called CIC and apparently the reason why we have not got the AOR is we were missing one letter...The AOR has been sent on Dec 3rd...

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
So it means all have confirmation numbers are accepted to apply the pgp sponsorship? Or they still choose ?
I don't think they will do the draw again. They will go through the list to remove duplicates and send the invitations to people who said they meet LICO.

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Did anybody apply today for pgp 2019? I applied for my MIL. it was over in about 6 mins. Crazy!!! Anyways mine was done in 92 seconds so hopefully my wife gets selected to sponser her mother.
I did for my mother in law. I did in 1 minute too. I think it was closed in 5 minutes

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Ah ok! So all of them are surely can apply soon if they send emails of invitations..
Yup, pretty much. That's why the "Interest to sponsor form" was opened for a limited time only. Once you get confirmation number, you are sure to get invitation to apply provided that you meet LICO and other sponsorship requirements (i.e not being in jail while you are trying to sponsor, no defaults on immigration loans etc.).

Reactions: Chikki24