+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Nov 13, 2018
Hi there,
Please update the excel, I got a letter today dated for January 17, 2019 stating that my dad's application has been accepted into the 2018 intake cap.
I have access to the Case Application Status account and there was no updated of this letter even up to now, and I check it everyday.
Is the MyCIC/GC Key a different thing? Also am I able to link even if we are using a representative?

nnaeiluj0918

Nov 10, 2008
Hi could the experienced ones please help!!!!!!!!

I am new to this forum and I am looking to sponsor both my parents.
Side info: I have recently submitted my spouses sponsorship application.

1) Is it possible to sponsor your parents if you have just applied for your spouse.

2) Would I have to put a family size of 4 (me, my spouse and my parents) or 3 (myself and my parents - since my spouse is still not with me)
******the family size would make a difference for me with the income

3) Could someone also enlighten me on the whole process of parent sponsorship?

Thanks in advance:)
*** I have read someone mention, that the family size could be 3 since my spouse doesn't live with me and we haven't filed any taxes together.

1) Is it possible to sponsor your parents if you have just applied for your spouse.
Yes

2) Would I have to put a family size of 4 (me, my spouse and my parents) or 3 (myself and my parents - since my spouse is still not with me)
******the family size would make a difference for me with the income
Yes, family size would be 4. Your spouse should be included as she is your dependent.

3) Could someone also enlighten me on the whole process of parent sponsorship?
You need to check your eligibility. First is the income requirement. Check lico 2015,2016 & 2017 if applying for 2019 but they may ask for 2018 if you are selected to apply in 2019. Interest to sponsor form opens in an hour and they will accept 20k sponsors. It may take up to 2months before they will start sending in invitation and another 2months to complete an application. So i would not be surprised if they ask for 2016,2017 & 2018 noa instead.

Reactions: Chikki24

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello Yulia and other senior members.

I have a quick question. I have already applied for my parents PR lasy year in july and its under processing.

Today CIC opens new Interest to Sponsor to submit for PGP. My brother is also eligible to sponsor our parents. Last year I submitted forms and got selected in July under lottery. So Once I selected I submitted the application.

My question is should my brother submit the form again today just in case if my application for sponsorship does not get approved for some reason then my brother can apply for our parents again instead waiting till next year ?

Originally we wanted to submit the application under his sponsorship instead of mine. Will they check my parents name and DOB and remove new entry or they will remove my submitted application in case if they do it?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
not make sense at all, duplicate, if he wants to apply this year you should withdraw yours first
its stupid :)
case is already in process, if you meet MNI, in his case - 20000 new application, do you really guys think he will be first :p

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Same thing happened with me. Second round applicant.Sponsor Application has gone back to application received where as PR application still shows in process.
that's not really important, main thing to see DM :rolleyes:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
You should not have two applications for the same people at the same time. If you feel that you may not be qualified as a sponsor, withdraw your current application and have your brother enter 2019 PGP.

But, I’d make sure that your brother get selected for 2019 PGP first. Then and only then should you withdraw your current application.

Is there any reason why you feel that your application might not get appooved? The only reason I can see is not meeting LICO. If that’s the case, I would have your brother enter PGP 2019 quick.
too late, case is not withdrawn :cool:
everything takes time

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
We are not going to submit two applications at the same time. I will definitely withdraw my application in case if we submit it under my brother.
I also meet lico. But anything can happen. We do not know until it gets approved.

In case if we did not get approved, and we do not submit my brother submission today. then we will have to wait for another year. I just want to make sure we have second alternative ready just in case if something wrong happens with my application.

Should my brother submit his form today and see if he gets selected? Is there any harm to do that? Will they check from my parents name and DOB that they already have submitted the application? The only thing is sponsor is different in both cases.
duplicate! CIC put him in the black list

dopehar

Jul 8, 2012
Hi, anyone whose applications was transferred to New Delhi Visa Office, how long did it take to hear anything back? My application was transferred to New Delhi visa office on November 8, 2018, and still waiting to hear anything from them. In ECAS it shows application received.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Here are examples to help you calculate your family size.

Example 1
Julie is sponsoring her mother and stepfather. Julie’s husband, David, will help her meet the income requirement by co-signing the application. Julie and David have 2 young children, aged 5 and 7. Julie’s stepfather has a 15 year old daughter, Dahlia. Dahlia won’t immigrate to Canada with her father.

Julie’s family size is 7:

• Julie
  • her husband, David
  • her 2 children
  • her mother and stepfather
  • her stepfather’s daughter, Dahlia
    • because Dahlia qualifies as a dependent child, she’s included in the family size, even if she’s not immigrating to Canada
Before Julie submits her interest to sponsor form, Julie and her husband must:

• check the income table to see what the income requirements are for 7 persons
  • check their tax information from the last 3 yearsand make sure that, together, they meet the minimum income requirements for each of the last 3 years
Example 2
Juan and Lise had a baby in 2017. Juan wants to sponsor his mother. Lise won’t co-sign the application. Juan’s mother doesn’t have a spouse, partner or any dependent children.

For 2017 and 2018, Juan’s family size is 4:

• Juan
  • his partner, Lise
  • his baby
  • his mother
For 2017 and 2018, Juan must check if he meets the income requirement for 4 persons.

For 2016, Juan’s family size was 3:

• Because Juan’s baby wasn’t born yet, the baby is not included for that year.
For 2016, Juan must check if he meets the income requirements for 3 persons.

Example 3
Joseph and Anne became common-law partners in 2017. They had a baby in 2018. Joseph wants to sponsor his grandmother and grandfather. Joseph’s grandparents don’t have any dependent children. Anne will be the co-signer.

If Joseph wants to sponsor his grandparents in 2019, Joseph and Anne (together) have to meet the income requirements for 2018, 2017 and 2016.

In 2016, Joseph’s family size was 3:

• Joseph
  • his grandmother and grandfather
In 2017, Joseph’s family size was 4:

• Joseph
  • his partner, Anne
In 2018, Joseph’s family size was 5:

• Joseph
  • his partner, Anne
  • his baby
Even though Anne is only included in the family size in 2017, she has to provide her proof of income for 2018, 2017 and 2016, as she’s the co-signer on the application.

Thanks everyone who is sharing their experience and opinion,

@Deffy2016, the examples you provided were great. Thanks for those. They were helpful examples.

I personally thought they might be able to apply since it says:

"check their tax information from the last 3 years, and make sure that, together, they meet the minimum income requirements for each of the last 3 years"

So in any year, if your income is low, even as low as $0 your partner is still able to cover the rest to get to LIOC.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
We are not going to submit two applications at the same time. I will definitely withdraw my application in case if we submit it under my brother.
I also meet lico. But anything can happen. We do not know until it gets approved.

In case if we did not get approved, and we do not submit my brother submission today. then we will have to wait for another year. I just want to make sure we have second alternative ready just in case if something wrong happens with my application.

Should my brother submit his form today and see if he gets selected? Is there any harm to do that? Will they check from my parents name and DOB that they already have submitted the application? The only thing is sponsor is different in both cases.

CIC will check your parents names etc. When your brother submits application to sponsor, he needs to fill out your parents' passport numbers etc. Those identifiable information will be cross checked and they will find out that there's a duplicate application. If you meet LICO, you should not worry about a thing. CIC has its own rules and regulations to follow and does not reject for no reason. Since you meet LICO, you will be approved as sponsor. Your worries are misplaced for sure.

So, the only rejection will be based on police and medical checks and you cannot do anything about it. I believe your parents won't have issue on that either. Like I said, you have misplaced your worries and definitely have a flaw logic. In terms of harms to your application, CIC could put your brother in blacklist for trying to sponsor the same persons. They will definitely have to look deeper into your applications ensure that there's no fraud going on. It will at least make the processing time "longer" if not down right rejected because of it.

Besides, 2019 PGP applicants won't be thrilled to find out that someone held two applications numbers to sponsor the same persons. I know PGP is almost like a lottery. But, in this lottery, you can only get one ticket and you are not allowed to get several tickets to increase your chances of winning. You will be blacklisted!

Your logic is flawed and resistance futile. Your logical fallacy could end up costing your sponsorship forever if one or both of you ended up in CIC blacklist.

Live long and sponsor only once my friend. :D:p:D

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Did anybody apply today for pgp 2019? I applied for my MIL. it was over in about 6 mins. Crazy!!! Anyways mine was done in 92 seconds so hopefully my wife gets selected to sponser her mother.