+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I guess it is the way this lottery is... Even though I did not have any brother or sister living in Canada, I still think if you have a chance to sponsor for your parents, you should be allowed to do it. As a matter of facts, even though brothers or sisters, they are all independent individuals who happen to have the same parents and as such, they are all eligible to enter the luck draw. The parents/grandparents of such big family would be lucky in this scenario!
They both got selected already. We are talking about application not entry into the lottery.

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
I guess it is the way this lottery is... Even though I did not have any brother or sister living in Canada, I still think if you have a chance to sponsor for your parents, you should be allowed to do it. As a matter of facts, even though brothers or sisters, they are all independent individuals who happen to have the same parents and as such, they are all eligible to enter the luck draw. The parents/grandparents of such big family would be lucky in this scenario!
Thanks for understanding! This was really unusual so we were just wondering what happens in such a situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi, this is not a question of whether we will take two spots. It's about whether anyone had any idea whether the processing time is shorter from Quebec or whether it's the same for all applications for all sponsorship applications. For example a spouse sponsorship application takes almost 1 year less than Ontario. It would make sense to apply from one province versus the other if the application time is historically shorter as time is the essence when you sponsor parents or grandparents at a later stage in life. Quebec has an extra step for sponsorship applications and the process is slightly different, which is why I asked. This really isn't about taking an extra spot and we don't plan to. We are fair individuals who understand processes and have also immigrated to Canada based on hard work. Appreciate the input.
The new system has been in place for only a year. Seems like the rest of Canada is taking 12-24 months. Can't comment on Quebec. Each case is different so never any guarantees that processing will be faster or slower than average.

Reactions: puzzled101

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
I heard with the new lottery process, if you get selected, it would be much faster, like 12-24 months. The average of 40+ months is for clearing out the backlog in many previous years...
But again I may be wrong...
Thank you for the info! I hope it's faster ...

swardfish

Jul 27, 2016
On March 19, 2018, we started inviting a first round of potential sponsors to submit a complete application. The selected confirmation numbers are available below.

The first step toward becoming a sponsor is to submit an online interest to sponsor form. This form was available between January 2, 2018, and February 1, 2018. If you didn’t submit this form, you’ll have the opportunity to show your interest to sponsor your parents and grandparents again in 2019.

We randomly selected individuals from the list of people who submitted the interest to sponsor form at the beginning of the year.

To check if you are one of the potential sponsors selected, follow these steps:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

Good Luck to All parents and their kids who are waiting for Draw !!!

Thanks
SwardFish(CP)

hpatel29

Sep 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2009 to CIO, Nova Scottia
Doc's Request.
30th March, 2011
Nomination.....
1st June, 2011 full application submitted to CHC, London
AOR Received.
23rd August,2011(Date 12th August,2010)
IELTS Request
submitted with Initial application
File Transfer...
7th July 2011
Med's Request
22nd Feb,2012
Med's Done....
8th March, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10th April,2012 & Passport post on 12th April.2012.
VISA ISSUED...
25th April, 2012 and Received on 1st May, 2012.
LANDED..........
In August 2012 by grace of God !
Hi

I have applied for under parent's sponsorship. When I search my number on the list, I could see the number but haven't got invitation yet.

But friend of mine who has applied after me has got his invitation.

Thanks,
Hardy

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for the info! I hope it's faster ...
Given it took 4 years before 1-2 years is pretty fast given they are most likely going to be an overall drain on the economy.. They are still processing cases from 2014 so you are much luckier to have you case processed at the same time. PGP is not really a priority for most Canadians and the economy. Think you should just be lucky you got selected many did not.
Hi

I have applied for under parent's sponsorship. When I search my number on the list, I could see the number but haven't got invitation yet.

Thanks,
Hardy
Sending out emails gradually.

Har_hi

Mar 19, 2018
Hi guys,
I have a quick question? I got selected to sponsor my mom for 2018.She is travelling to Canada under supervisa in May,I was wondering if police clearance and medical comes during her stay in canada, can she get pcc and medical done in Canada without going back to India?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I did not get selected. Well this is the fairest way. Will keep trying till my mum and dad have passed away.
There should be round 2.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi

Thanks,
Hardy
Me too, yet to receive as well. Emails are sent over the next few days so keep checking your mailbox and spam folder too

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
only if they didn't get enough apps on 1st round?
That is correct. IRCC aim to get 10,000 application so if they have not, there will be 2nd round

And by the way, I read that this year, you only have 60 days to submit your complete application (if you are selected), instead of 90 days in last year. So the 2nd round should be around July-August 2018... instead of September like last year...

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
My dad passed away recently. My mom is left alone back home. Sadly, didn't qualify in the lottery yet again. Seems like I will never be able to bring my mom and she will meet the same fate as my dad. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated.

Reactions: nayr69sg