+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
I got selected, yet to receive any email... There would be few days to get the emails... And as far as I remember, the emails are for both regret/invite, however, according to the info page updated today:

"...We will send confirmation emails to those who have been selected." and it did not mention about those who would not be...

(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/invitations-going-out-to-selected-potential-sponsors-of-parents-and-grandparents.html)

For those who are selected this round: Congratulation, we MADE IT.
And those were not: GOOD LUCK second round, probably around August-Sept 2018 (last year was Sept 6)

Reactions: missingmymom

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
hi,

Myself and my sibling both got selected to sponsor our parents this year but we live in different provinces. One is in Quebec and the other in Ontario. Does anyone know if we can both apply based on our selection for 2018 or can only one sponsor our parents? This was sheer luck as we have been trying since the program started and we were both unsuccessful in our sponsorship selection on all years.

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,

Myself and my sibling both got selected to sponsor our parents this year but we live in different provinces. One is in Quebec and the other in Ontario. Does anyone know if we can both apply based on our selection for 2018 or can only one sponsor our parents? This was sheer luck as we have been trying since the program started and we were both unsuccessful in our sponsorship selection on all years.

Thanks.
Why would you both apply? Pick one.

Lina mangal

Mar 19, 2018
Hello I am a Canadian citizen and I would like to sponsor my mom and with two sister and one brother there under age my sister is nine years old my other sister is said 13 years old and that other brother is at 17 years old so the refugee in turkey but they’re originally from Afghanistan and I will like to bring my mom is a super visa but her kids is under age so I am wondering is it possible to sponsor them to I need I need to know if anyone has an experienced please give me your feedback thank you

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
hi,

Thanks.
Congratulation to both of you!
However, only one of you (you choose) should apply to sponsor for your parents.
And the other one of you would become an OPPORTUNITY for someone else in the SECOND ROUND!!! YAYAYA

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
Congratulation to both of you!
However, only one of you (you choose) should apply to sponsor for your parents.
And the other one of you would become an OPPORTUNITY for someone else in the SECOND ROUND!!! YAYAYA
Thank you and we will probably only put in one application!

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
Does anyone know what average wait times for parent sponsorship processing is for Quebec applicants? CIC is currently showing approx. 46 months and does that apply to all sponsorship applications? Thanks ...

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Does anyone know what average wait times for parent sponsorship processing is for Quebec applicants? CIC is currently showing approx. 46 months and does that apply to all sponsorship applications? Thanks ...
I heard with the new lottery process, if you get selected, it would be much faster, like 12-24 months. The average of 40+ months is for clearing out the backlog in many previous years...
But again I may be wrong...

Reactions: canuck78

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
As someone already pointed out by both applying you will likely take a spot from someone else. By the time CIC figures it out it will likely too late for 2nd round.
Not really. I am thinking that if CIC did not receive 10,000 applications, they would put the remaining into 2nd round...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not really. I am thinking that if CIC did not receive 10,000 applications, they would put the remaining into 2nd round...
Yes but if both brother apply for the same parents they will receive 2 applications. They probably won't realize until after the 2nd draw that it is for the same person. If only one brother applies for the parents a 2nd round draw spot opens up.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Yes but if both brother apply for the same parents they will receive 2 applications. They probably won't realize until after the 2nd draw that it is for the same person. If only one brother applies for the parents a 2nd round draw spot opens up.
I guess it is the way this lottery is... Even though I did not have any brother or sister living in Canada, I still think if you have a chance to sponsor for your parents, you should be allowed to do it. As a matter of facts, even though brothers or sisters, they are all independent individuals who happen to have the same parents and as such, they are all eligible to enter the luck draw. The parents/grandparents of such big family would be lucky in this scenario!

puzzled101

Dec 12, 2012
As someone already pointed out by both applying you will likely take a spot from someone else. By the time CIC figures it out it will likely too late for 2nd round.
hi, this is not a question of whether we will take two spots. It's about whether anyone had any idea whether the processing time is shorter from Quebec or whether it's the same for all applications for all sponsorship applications. For example a spouse sponsorship application takes almost 1 year less than Ontario. It would make sense to apply from one province versus the other if the application time is historically shorter as time is the essence when you sponsor parents or grandparents at a later stage in life. Quebec has an extra step for sponsorship applications and the process is slightly different, which is why I asked. This really isn't about taking an extra spot and we don't plan to. We are fair individuals who understand processes and have also immigrated to Canada based on hard work. Appreciate the input.