+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jackiecly

Apr 9, 2017
Hi all,

I am planning to sponsor my parents this year, but I have a question: Do I need to get year 2017 tax reported before I submit my application if I have the chance to apply? Thanks.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Here is my question: why does it take IRCC few months to come up with the 10,000-list? With computer-assisted system, IRCC could have done this in a matter of couple of weeks or a month?
What's the rush? Need to wait until everyone has 2017 tax return done anyways.

Hi all,

I am planning to sponsor my parents this year, but I have a question: Do I need to get year 2017 tax reported before I submit my application if I have the chance to apply? Thanks.
Yes if you're selected in the lottery this year, your 2017 tax return must be completed by the time you submit the application. IRCC will give plenty of time for the submission to ensure your taxes are done.

jackiecly

Apr 9, 2017
What's the rush? Need to wait until everyone has 2017 tax return done anyways.

Yes if you're selected in the lottery this year, your 2017 tax return must be completed by the time you submit the application. IRCC will give plenty of time for the submission to ensure your taxes are done.

Thank you.

and I have another question, my parents in law live with us currently. they are already immigrants. when I count how many people, shall I include them or just my husband, me and my kids?Thanks again.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

Thank you.

and I have another question, my parents in law live with us currently. they are already immigrants. when I count how many people, shall I include them or just my husband, me and my kids?Thanks again.
You would only include them in family size, if they were sponsored and you you were a co-signer for them, or your spouse will be a co-signer on your app, and the undertaking is still in effect.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Here are my 2cents:
  1. By a computer program
  2. It will not have any regional/provincial proportions. Instead in my opinion, it will be random
  3. It should not matter when you register. They run process to eliminate duplicates, and there is no order in the final list. As I understand, system will have no knowledge of applicants applied last time and were unlucky, or got picked up in draw but rejected for criteria, or didn't follow through by submitting the full application for any other reason.
Looks like pure luck to me so best of luck to all of us who submitted their intentions.

Thanks for replying!
Much appreciated!

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
What I understood from the instructions
1/ IRCC will remove all duplicates: if you apply more than once, they will remove all of your applications
2/ Once all the duplicates are removed, IRCC will use computer program to randomly pick 10,000 submission confirmation #
3/ Being randomly selected, there is no gain/loss if you apply in the early stage or later stage of the validity period

Here is my question: why does it take IRCC few months to come up with the 10,000-list? With computer-assisted system, IRCC could have done this in a matter of couple of weeks or a month?

Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate!

wynterbabe

Apr 1, 2012
Hello all,

Just want to ask the seniors.. If my husband will apply for his parents this year, can my mom who is under super visa still come here in Canada without complicating the PGP application of my in laws? or she needs to be part of the family count for the LICO even if under SV?

Can I apply for my mom next year for sponsorship if my husband will be picked this year and able to submit the application?

I also applied my sister's TFW permit as my caregiver, if approved - will she be part of the family count as well if we submit my in - laws application?

Thanks so much in advance to those who will answer.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I just got invitation to apply within 60 days. Looks like the first round of draw has been done

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I just got invitation to apply within 60 days. Looks like the first round of draw has been done
Congrats! Would you mind posting the content of the email with personal information redacted ?

Anyone else who got invited ? Nothing for me.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Nothing for me yet o_O

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Can check here if you were selected:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

Notice – Invitations going out this week to selected potential sponsors of parents and grandparents
Ottawa, March 19, 2018 — Family reunification is a top immigration priority for the Government of Canada. In 2017, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced a new application intake process for the Parents and Grandparents sponsorship program, which we are continuing to use in 2018.

From January 2 to February 1, 2018, interested potential sponsors were able to fill out an online interest to sponsor form to tell the Department they wanted to sponsor their parents and grandparents in 2018. IRCC has now reviewed the submissions, removed duplicates, and randomly selected interested potential sponsors. Starting on March 19, and spanning over a few days, invitations will be sent to those who have been selected. Potential sponsors will have 60 days from the date of their invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor their parents and grandparents.

We will send confirmation emails to those who have been selected. To make sure that interested potential sponsors don’t miss our email, we encourage everyone who submitted an interest to sponsor form to:

• check the same email account they used on the interest to sponsor form
  • check the junk mail folder to see if the email from us is there
Find out what to do if you were randomly selected to submit an application.

As of March 19, potential sponsors can confirm whether or not they have been selected by looking up their unique confirmation number to compare it with the list of numbers that were randomly selected:

• if their number appears, they have been invited to submit their sponsorship application
  • if their number doesn’t appear, they have not been selected
If potential sponsors are not sure what their unique confirmation number is, and want to confirm whether or not they were selected to submit a complete application, they can:

If IRCC does not receive 10,000 complete applications, additional potential sponsors will be invited to apply later in the year. Everyone who submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2018 is encouraged to monitor their email accounts as well as IRCC’s website and Twitter and Facebook channels throughout the year in case additional rounds of potential sponsors are invited to submit complete applications.

Those who have a child or grandchild in Canada, and who wish to spend an extended period of time with their families in Canada, also have the option to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, whether they are being sponsored for permanent residence or not. The Super Visa offers holders the option of staying in Canada for up to two years for their initial visit, whereas the regular visa provides a six-month maximum.
I see my confirmation number on the website but no email yet!

Reactions: soroush