+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
I was saying why couldn't people from other parts of Canada mail their applications to the local courier companies in advance, not IRCC. These local couriers would then line up on Jan 2nd with all the applications. Sure they would have to pay a bit more, but that's hardly unfair.
I am not sure if this is doable.

Do local courier companies entertain such requests and line up on Jan 1st or 2nd?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am not sure if this is doable.

Do local courier companies entertain such requests and line up on Jan 1st or 2nd?
Yes, I believe a lot of people did that already. Local courier companies received packages via courier (UPS, fedex) and lined up regardless, that was the "advantage" GTA applicants supposedly had.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The issue was that people living near the GTA could drop it off themselves and that the courier companies were showing up with more and more applications each. They could see the writing on the wall that soon couriers would start charging exorbitant fees for someone to stand in line 48 hours before, less for someone 24 hours before etc. Deciding who got there applications in would be decided by the couriers. It may be ok to get the newest phone or something but having people pay extra and camp out for days was getting out of control and the courier companies could exploit people. Given sponsoring parents is an emotional experience people could easily be taken advantage of. I’m sure the small private courier companies were sad the rules changed. There is no real fair way to do it but it shiuldn’t be decided by the courier companies.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
too early to consider we need NOA 2017;)

KBDB

May 4, 2017
Hi guys, I'm looking to sponsor my mum on a super visa, and I had a few questions. Please do let me know if you'd know anything:

My mum is an Indian Passport holder and she's currently visiting me in Canada on a visit visa. Her visit visa is going to expire in August 2018.

a) Can I apply for her super visa while she's stays with me in Canada on a visit visa
b) How much time would the process usually take?
c) Since she's been staying with me for the past 6 months, can I apply for her visa extension while waiting for her Super Visa?
d) What is the US Visa office mailing address?

Thanks in advance :)

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The issue was that people living near the GTA could drop it off themselves and that the courier companies were showing up with more and more applications each. They could see the writing on the wall that soon couriers would start charging exorbitant fees for someone to stand in line 48 hours before, less for someone 24 hours before etc. Deciding who got there applications in would be decided by the couriers. It may be ok to get the newest phone or something but having people pay extra and camp out for days was getting out of control and the courier companies could exploit people. Given sponsoring parents is an emotional experience people could easily be taken advantage of. I’m sure the small private courier companies were sad the rules changed. There is no real fair way to do it but it shiuldn’t be decided by the courier companies.
sheer luck shouldn't be the deciding factor neither.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
sheer luck shouldn't be the deciding factor neither.
If you have say 50,000 sponsors that all meet eligibility qualifications, and only 10,000 spots, then there will be some element of sheer luck whether that means getting picked in a lottery or choosing the right courier.

aki

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27th Jan, 2014
AOR Received.
22nd Feb, 2014
File Transfer...
25th Feb, 2014
Med's Done....
27th Dec, 2013
Passport Req..
23rd Sep, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sep, 2014 (DM)
Greetings ladies and gents! I have expressed intent to sponsor my parents and like you all I am awaiting the results of the lottery! For some reason, I thought that it would be a computer generated algorithm that would randomly pick applications on the 2nd of February. Clearly, that's not the case - any idea when the results are likely to be declared?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Greetings ladies and gents! I have expressed intent to sponsor my parents and like you all I am awaiting the results of the lottery! For some reason, I thought that it would be a computer generated algorithm that would randomly pick applications on the 2nd of February. Clearly, that's not the case - any idea when the results are likely to be declared?
Last year lottery results were out end of April. Perhaps, the same would apply this year, given we're approaching mid-march already.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Last year, IRCC sent email on April 26 which is Wednesday. On the second round, Sept 6 was also Wednesday... Interesting heh...

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi guys, I'm looking to sponsor my mum on a super visa, and I had a few questions. Please do let me know if you'd know anything:

My mum is an Indian Passport holder and she's currently visiting me in Canada on a visit visa. Her visit visa is going to expire in August 2018.

a) Can I apply for her super visa while she's stays with me in Canada on a visit visa
b) How much time would the process usually take?
c) Since she's been staying with me for the past 6 months, can I apply for her visa extension while waiting for her Super Visa?
d) What is the US Visa office mailing address?

Thanks in advance :)
a) I think you can apply super visa for her while she is on visitor visa. I would pleas double check CIC web site super visa section.
b) Out side country is around 2 weeks. Should be around that, time but i am not 100% sure. Again check on CIC web site
c) No idea (Better to ask in thread for Super visa applications
d) no idea (Can try google search)

thanks

BJbirdie

Mar 10, 2017
Does anyone know if the 10,000 quota for PGP was filled in 2017 after all the timewasters were filtered out? If the quota was not filled for 2017 what happens to the spare places that weren't used?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Does anyone know if the 10,000 quota for PGP was filled in 2017 after all the timewasters were filtered out? If the quota was not filled for 2017 what happens to the spare places that weren't used?
They did not get close to 10K apps last year. Nothing happened to the spaces that weren't used, they just disappear.