+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Thank you for all the info I got from the forum, but I still can not find a lot info about 5532 for parents sponsor,, esp. when i use search tool, a lot spousal info is there.
I will sponsor my parents. Only myself, husband and daughter are relatives of my parents in Canada.
Question about form 5532,
The Part B 1 to 2, should be all no or n/a, as they don't have other pp but us are related them in Canada?
The Part C, 1. when was the first time I met applicant? Is that my DOB?
and also who is the introduce pp? etc. What should I put here?
2. do we have contact before we met?
Please help in this situation. The form sound more suitable to spousal sponsorship.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thank you for all the info I got from the forum, but I still can not find a lot info about 5532 for parents sponsor,, esp. when i use search tool, a lot spousal info is there.
I will sponsor my parents. Only myself, husband and daughter are relatives of my parents in Canada.
Question about form 5532,
The Part B 1 to 2, should be all no or n/a, as they don't have other pp but us are related them in Canada?
The Part C, 1. when was the first time I met applicant? Is that my DOB?
and also who is the introduce pp? etc. What should I put here?
2. do we have contact before we met?
Please help in this situation. The form sound more suitable to spousal sponsorship.
Are you sure you got the right application package? I don't remember filling out those information, and it certainly sounds like a form made for spousal sponsorship.

If they actually ask "Who introduces you to your mom?", I'd answer "my father" :p :D

But, in all seriousness, I could not find IMM5532 in PGP sponsorship package. Here is the link to the PGP sponsorship application package.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

You need to scroll down all the way to "Step 2". There is no IMM5532 there.

Reactions: YVR123

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
My parent's application in ECAS shows "Decision made" and this has been the status since Friday. We haven't received any letter and when I call the call center and use their automated system to determine the status hoping to get more information, the automated system still says "Background check in progress". I'm not sure what's going on. Any idea?

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Are you sure you got the right application package? I don't remember filling out those information, and it certainly sounds like a form made for spousal sponsorship.

If they actually ask "Who introduces you to your mom?", I'd answer "my father" :p :D

But, in all seriousness, I could not find IMM5532 in PGP sponsorship package. Here is the link to the PGP sponsorship application package.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

You need to scroll down all the way to "Step 2". There is no IMM5532 there.
Yes, you are right. It's not on my check list. The form is found from cic web.
Thank you. I think I had wrong form.

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Hello,
looking for a bit of advise here. My mother undergone medical examination couple of weeks ago but due to her unexpectedly high blood pressure, doctor wanted to do some additional tests with cardiologists and what not. That took another week or so. The cardiologist did not find anything and my mom brought the results back to panel physician last Wednesday, November 14th. The medicals were due for submission today, November 19th.
However, when doctor tried to upload the document through e-medical on friday the 16th, they received message that e-medical system is undergoing maintenance and it was unavailable to be used till 17th November morning (which is Saturday).
It's long weekend back home and doctors office is closed 17, 18th, 19th of november. They will attempt to try to submit again tomorrow, but it will be 1 day late.
My mother wrote an email to LVO explaining the unfortunate situation and the reason for the delay with IME, but would that be enough for them not to reject/return the application outright? Do they pay attention to the date exam took place or the actual day it was submitted to immigration by their appointed doctor? (as the later one is not under applicants control). Anything else I could do? I attempted to call them but no luck to speak to anyone.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
looking for a bit of advise here. My mother undergone medical examination couple of weeks ago but due to her unexpectedly high blood pressure, doctor wanted to do some additional tests with cardiologists and what not. That took another week or so. The cardiologist did not find anything and my mom brought the results back to panel physician last Wednesday, November 14th. The medicals were due for submission today, November 19th.
However, when doctor tried to upload the document through e-medical on friday the 16th, they received message that e-medical system is undergoing maintenance and it was unavailable to be used till 17th November morning (which is Saturday).
It's long weekend back home and doctors office is closed 17, 18th, 19th of november. They will attempt to try to submit again tomorrow, but it will be 1 day late.
My mother wrote an email to LVO explaining the unfortunate situation and the reason for the delay with IME, but would that be enough for them not to reject/return the application outright? Do they pay attention to the date exam took place or the actual day it was submitted to immigration by their appointed doctor? (as the later one is not under applicants control). Anything else I could do? I attempted to call them but no luck to speak to anyone.
Email to LVO is the best option. I don't think they will outright reject the application because you have a valid reason for the delay.

Alternatively, you could've used the webform to do the same. As I understand it, webform is processed by a general team, who then forwards it to the respective visa office.

Would've been better had you emailed them asking for an extension right after the panel physician requested for additional tests.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
Email to LVO is the best option. I don't think they will outright reject the application because you have a valid reason for the delay.

Alternatively, you could've used the webform to do the same. As I understand it, webform is processed by a general team, who then forwards it to the respective visa office.

Would've been better had you emailed them asking for an extension right after the panel physician requested for additional tests.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
cool, ok thank you!

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
i have a question. Me and my spouse are my mother's sponsor. for me to be as representative, do we need to filll up 2 form ( one by my mum and one by my spouse , then ican be representative for both)? i filled up the form 2 times ( i filled up all the necessary information but everythime, they are replying that not all the fields re filled properly. But I am filling everything properly.
Can anyone advise?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
i have a question. Me and my spouse are my mother's sponsor. for me to be as representative, do we need to filll up 2 form ( one by my mum and one by my spouse , then ican be representative for both)? i filled up the form 2 times ( i filled up all the necessary information but everythime, they are replying that not all the fields re filled properly. But I am filling everything properly.
Can anyone advise?
if they reject your form 2 times in row, there must be some field that was filled improperly. Please review it carefully and thoroughly, and check CIC's message or hint regarding the form.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can anyone advise?
This may be a slight confusion.
You are your mom's sponsor. Your mom is the primary applicant. Your spouse is 1) your spouse and 2) a co-signer.
The "person" to fill out the representative form is your mom. And you (I think from what you've posted) is being appointed by your mom as the representative.

Other than the instruction on the forms, try to read the guide at the same time. There are instructions section by section of the forms.

Kumar2001

Jan 22, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo/cvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/08/2014
AOR Received.
11/12/2014
File Transfer...
12/03/2014
Med's Request
01/30/2015
Med's Done....
01/31/2015
Hi

I have a query regarding 2nd round AOR. I sent my file under 2nd round and it was recived on Aug 15. I got AOR on Nov 16 under my name (sponsor’s)only. Usually IRCC send 2 email one to sponsor and 2nd to principal applicant. Can any one confirm if their parents receive 2nd email on Nov 16 as well or just one email was sent out to all the sponsers?
Thanks in advance

pkhichi007

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi

I have a query regarding 2nd round AOR. I sent my file under 2nd round and it was recived on Aug 15. I got AOR on Nov 16 under my name (sponsor’s)only. Usually IRCC send 2 email one to sponsor and 2nd to principal applicant. Can any one confirm if their parents receive 2nd email on Nov 16 as well or just one email was sent out to all the sponsers?
Thanks in advance
I got only one email

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
My parent's application in ECAS shows "Decision made" and this has been the status since Friday. We haven't received any letter and when I call the call center and use their automated system to determine the status hoping to get more information, the automated system still says "Background check in progress". I'm not sure what's going on. Any idea?
Anyone?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017