+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,
I am curious that my parents application is in process from sept 18,2018 after sponsor’s decision made.They received Pre-Arrival letter before receiving medical request. Is it normal ?
It's normal. I got one too, before getting PCC/medical request. Few hours later, got PCC/MR.

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello,

I am sponsoring my parents in Canada, could someone please help me to filling the IMM0008. On document check list it says this form has to be sign by the person you are sponsoring, the principal applicant.
Could someone tell me if this form should be fill out by my father, and spouse should be my mother, and we are three brothers, so in the form my father should include their information, and they are over 30 years of age.

Thank for your time!

Kazi
This form should be filled/signed by only by Principal applicant. Also mentioned in document check list. If your father is Principal applicant, only him has to fill this form. He should include only dependents in the form. To find out who is dependent here is CIC's link

Ofcourse, the spouse of your father (Your mother) is dependent of your father, and should be included in that form

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/aod-tool.asp

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html?_ga=2.219283804.472933203.1537448511-743597375.1537448511

Hope this would help

Reactions: khossain

pintuuu

Oct 21, 2013
QUOTE="razerblade, post: 7244284, member: 494781"]It's normal. I got one too, before getting PCC/medical request. Few hours later, got PCC/MR.[/QUOTE]
Thanks and Should I expect PCC and Med Request today only ?

JennyXu1984

May 22, 2018
I received Medical Requests for my parents (in China). They have 30 days to complete it.

1. Does anyone know how long does the Medical Checkup take?
2. Does it require multiple visits to the doctor's office?
3. Will the doctor submit the medical form electronically?

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
Congrats! How much time they gave you to send the Passport. Is it Ottawa VO? My parents are back home but their application is process by Ottawa VO. I am just wondering if I should have their passport handy in Canada so that I can sent directly to Ottawa. Any suggestion?
They give you 30 days to submit the passport after getting PPR. But in your case your parents need to send the passport via VFS in India. They can only be send to Ottawa VO if the principal applicant and all dependent applicants are here in Canada and will be staying for another 3 months or more from the date of receiving the letter.

Chirag0389

Star Member
Mar 6, 2015
How long will it take for IRCC to request for PCC Medical and Travel History?

My in-laws haven't traveled to any other country except Canada, and India. Do they still ask?
It depends to case to case. Please see the spreadsheet to get a better picture of how long it takes to rec. medical and travel form request.

Yes they still have to fill out the travel form.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello,

From the spreadsheet looks like no one from the second draw got AOR yet. Question - So we need to wait for AOR and then only we can check the status of the application online?
I called the CIC call center but couldn't get through the line.

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
Hello,

From the spreadsheet looks like no one from the second draw got AOR yet. Question - So we need to wait for AOR and then only we can check the status of the application online?
I called the CIC call center but couldn't get through the line.
I was able to get thru to them y'day (i am also 2nd batch applicant) and the agent told me .. my mail must be in a pile of mails which take them 6-8 weeks to open and get thru .. my gut feel is they get to post in 3-4 weeks ...

Hani2018

Aug 2, 2018
Is FexEx accepting PO box address?
yes they do. they guy who was on the front desk initially refused to accept my doc but his senior came from inside and she asked me is it for Immigration department I said yes, then she said accept it we know where to send it in Ottawa and he accepted