Sponsoring: Father and Mother
Country of Residence: India
Docs Submitted: SIN
Province: Ontario

Thanks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Sarah86

Aug 7, 2018
My application was received on May 23 , and was given a file number upon requesting over the phone on Aug 8 . Heard nothing at all since , and can not locate the application on line , any one can relate ? is this normal ?

Hopeful99

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
My application was received on May 23 , and was given a file number upon requesting over the phone on Aug 8 . Heard nothing at all since , and can not locate the application on line , any one can relate ? is this normal ?
I submitted mine April 24 and didn't hear anything back until Aug 31st! Give it some time, I think you'll hear from them soon enough :)

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
My application was received on May 24. Even my Ecas shows application not found. They sent me an email last month asking for updated 5669 form though. From the spreadsheet I see that some May 22 apps are receving aor now. Assuming that most people sent their apps by may 22 to 25, i feel that we will get aor in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Reactions: Sarah86

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
people from end of april didn't get DM yet

Reactions: Sarah86

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Do we need to call somewhere, to get file number? which office to call? Every one need to call or not?

Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Do we need to call somewhere, to get file number? which office to call? Every one need to call or not?

Thank you
I don't think everyone should call. Only if you are worried that your package is not received by Ottawa and you have waited pass the normal AOR timeline (or watch others here and see if everyone who mailed out about the same time have gotten their AOR)

I don't want to contribute to the busy call centre unless it's really needed.

btw when did you send out your application? I don't see your name on the ss.

negz

Feb 7, 2018
Hello all,
I received my parents' Medical request this afternoon. I noticed in the medical letter, the address for my parents is our address in Canada. Is this normal or I have to contact them to replace it with my parents home address?
Also I have another question regarding Police Certificate, I haven't received the police check request, can they start the process to get the police certificate now? I would like to speed up the process since the translation process will take longer.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello all,
I received my parents' Medical request this afternoon. I noticed in the medical letter, the address for my parents is our address in Canada. Is this normal or I have to contact them to replace it with my parents home address?
Also I have another question regarding Police Certificate, I haven't received the police check request, can they start the process to get the police certificate now? I would like to speed up the process since the translation process will take longer.
Canadian address on MR is normal. Parents can still do the test in home country and the doctor will directly upload the results to IRCC (if they do emedical).

Yes, you can get PCC preemptively. It's what I did.

Reactions: Zhuzhu

yvrgirl

Apr 18, 2017
Hello All,

Few people have asked this question but still no solid response.

As we know for many applicants the visa office is assigned as Ottawa even if their parents are in INDIA.

So they question is when we are receiving the Passport request, how we can send the passports to Local visa office in India ( like New Delhi, Chandigarh etc.)

After receiving the PPR request we can just send our passports to say New Delhi and they know what to do with those or should we include any letter and from where we can get the address for sending the passports to New Delhi / Chandigarh office.

Thanks,