+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
I have linked our application to both myself the sponsor and the applicant, so we can all receive updates and emails
When did you link the application, after AOR, or after SA?
Did you create two MyCIC account, one for yourself, one for you parent?
Did you use your information to find the sponsor application and link it to your MyCIC account, and use your parent's information to find the PR application and link it to your parent's MyCIC account?

Thanks a lot!

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
ok sad but atleast good to know that somebody else is there with me.. hey just a quick question.. how did you got through them... like there are lot of options.. how did you manage to get through to a live agent... also i am having the same issues with online.. not able to connect or see my file.. we should start another page for people who have sent app in april/may and havent heard anything
Its strange that your application was received in april and still no AOR. May be they are taking extra time for complicated applications for example applications with additional dependents etc. Can tell us if this your case so people like me who have additional dependents can figure out an estimate.

akkishah

Aug 21, 2018
Can I please know if youre a 2018 applicant? and which visa office? Thats pretty fast
Submitted the requested forms in April 2018. I am 2018 Applicant. Got confirmation in March 2018.

I am not sure if anyone have got this medical so fast. I am surprised. I have to submit Police report and Medical by Sept End 2018

Reactions: zezu

akkishah

Aug 21, 2018
Submitted the requested forms in April 2018. I am 2018 Applicant. Got confirmation in March 2018.

I am not sure if anyone have got this medical so fast. I am surprised. I have to submit Police report and Medical by Sept End 2018
Applied for BC-Vancouver

Hopeful99

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
ok sad but atleast good to know that somebody else is there with me.. hey just a quick question.. how did you got through them... like there are lot of options.. how did you manage to get through to a live agent... also i am having the same issues with online.. not able to connect or see my file.. we should start another page for people who have sent app in april/may and havent heard anything
I forgot the exact number sequence but just follow through with the options and eventually it will tell you to press 0 to speak to an agent, if you think your in the wrong option, just go back and try another. They might ask you for your UCI from your PR/Citizenship and then find your files that way. It is super frustrating and i wish i submitted sooner. I'm also wondering if mine is delayed since i didn't pay for the PR fee (only the application fee) and i remember the application saying that might cause delays. Did you pay everything fully when you applied?

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
Hello Experts,

Need help to fill the 'FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP' - IMM5768E

I am the only sponsor.

** My wife has a job but she is not co-signing as I am alone satisfying the LICO.

Question 12. Every other family member not listed above and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not.
Do I need to mention my parents name in this section for above question?

Question 15. Your spouse's/common-law partner's current situation
Question 16. Co-signer - Statement of Consent
Question 17. Provide your co-signer's employment history as well as periods of unemployment for the last THREE consecutive taxation years preceding your application. Please
ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time.
Do I need to answer above questions, even if my wife is not co-signer for the application?

Thanks

AnNingCanada

Jun 5, 2018

which visa office? Ottawa? Thanks.

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
Its strange that your application was received in april and still no AOR. May be they are taking extra time for complicated applications for example applications with additional dependents etc. Can tell us if this your case so people like me who have additional dependents can figure out an estimate.
not complicated at all.. applied for my mother only with no spouse and/or dependents...my app was received on may 20th , only canada post proof is there bur no AOR from CIC.. i think its only handful of us.. that's scary

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

zt2018

Apr 6, 2018
You are not the only one. Click on the link and you will see that no AOR has been issued for the aplications received on or after May 20.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
My application was received on May 17 and still nothing from CIC. I finally was able to talk to an agent at the call center last week and got a temporary file number that starts with XF...

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
You are not the only one. Click on the link and you will see that no AOR has been issued for the aplications received on or after May 20.
thanks for the reply.. i guess i can have my lunch now.. ha ha.. some days you just worry a lot.. but knowing this and that i have the proof that docs were received..gives me a ray of hope

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
My application was received on May 17 and still nothing from CIC. I finally was able to talk to an agent at the call center last week and got a temporary file number that starts with XF...
It seems like IRCC has slowed down a bit probably due to Summer vacations. Once the summer is over or when the school reopens, then things should get pick up a bit of momentum.

My application was received on May 10 and got my AOR on Jul 17. I haven't heard anything from IRCC or see anything on ECAS & MyCiC. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat as I am.

As for people having trouble linking it to MyCiC A/C, here are a few possibilities:

1) Check your parents name on their passport. If the passport does not specify first and last name, IRCC takes the whole name as "last name". For example, if John Doe is the name on the passport and it does not specify which one is first or last name, then John Doe is the last name on IRCC system.
2) Number of applicants associated with application could be different. There are two possibilities for this. One possibility is that they did not count both your spouse and child/children. The other possibility is they counted only your spouse or child. So try a few numbers with those possibilities.
3) If everything else failed, call IRCC. Once you hear the options on the phone, press 2-1-3-0 (in that order). It will get you to the live agent. They can definitely help you with linking your application to MyCiC.

I hope that helps.