+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Guys, I need your help!

I applied for my parents sponsorship and have send the documents on 22nd May i.e. yesterday via UP (thinking that it will be faster than Canada post)

CPC-M-PGP
PO Box 8020 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON
K1G 3H6

While I was tracking the shipment the UPS site said:

YOUR PACKAGE CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO A P.O. BOX. WE'RE ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN AN ALTERNATE DELIVERY ADDRESS. / THE ADDRESS WAS CORRECTED.

So I called them an asked about this correction. UPS said that they cannot deliver to P.O.BOX ( I wish I knew about this before) so they have obtained the physical address and corrected it.
It will be delivered tomorrow. When I asked her about the physical address, the agent refused to disclose due to confidentiality reasons. My concern is if the physical address is correct?

Does anyone know the physical address of Ottawa for parent sponsorship?

Any help is appreciated.
so i had the same issue however i sent it through Purolator. i tracked it and panicked when i saw the delivery address which is below
*** Shipment delivered to XXX at: SHIP DOCK of 1 DTL UNIT DETACH NDHQ DETACHNDHQ-2303 STEVENA K1G3W1.****

i started calling and was lucky enough to have an agent help so she investigated and below was the email she sent.

* There was an email sent from Immigration and Refugee and Citizenship Canada (where this shipment was addressed to) that was sent to Purolator on January 15th of this year requesting Purolator to send anything going to their PO boxes to 2303 Stevenage. This is not a wrong delivery but a request from them to have their mail redirected. *

So i will assume the memo was sent to them all and someone just didn't know what they were doing. all mails to that po box is forwarded to a sorting facility and delivered to CIC

good luck!!!

gill113

Jan 25, 2012
Hi,

Please add the information to the tracker when you have a moment.

Invitation Received: 21st March 2018
Application Sent by Canada Post: 17th May 2018
Application Delivered: 22nd May 2018
Parent Country: India

Reactions: YULIA-2016

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Any idea how many applications cic might have received out of 15000 as tomorrow is last day and are we going to have any draws upcoming this year if so when do you think we would have new draws july or June.

I have missed lottery two years in a row honestly I hate this process :(. As no proper filter to identify genuine applications.

Regards,
How can anyone but CIC possibly know that?

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
so i had the same issue however i sent it through Purolator. i tracked it and panicked when i saw the delivery address which is below
*** Shipment delivered to XXX at: SHIP DOCK of 1 DTL UNIT DETACH NDHQ DETACHNDHQ-2303 STEVENA K1G3W1.****

i started calling and was lucky enough to have an agent help so she investigated and below was the email she sent.

* There was an email sent from Immigration and Refugee and Citizenship Canada (where this shipment was addressed to) that was sent to Purolator on January 15th of this year requesting Purolator to send anything going to their PO boxes to 2303 Stevenage. This is not a wrong delivery but a request from them to have their mail redirected. *

So i will assume the memo was sent to them all and someone just didn't know what they were doing. all mails to that po box is forwarded to a sorting facility and delivered to CIC

good luck!!!

Thanks for throwing light on it. After lot of escalations at UPS I was able to finally find the same Stevenage address and it is the correct address. The higher authority at UPS told me that that is the correct address the mails could be dropped to that was provided by CIC.

I wish CIC has provided both the address options in case someone is sending through private courier.

I've learned my lesson, Canada Post for all CIC related matters.

thanks!

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
Hi,

Please add the information to the tracker when you have a moment.

Invitation Received: 21st March 2018
Application Sent by UPS: 22th May 2018
Application Delivered: 24nd May 2018
Parent Country: India

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Add me to timeline:

Invitation received: March 19
Application received: May 14
Parents Country: India

ayrakhan

May 24, 2018
Hello,
Thank you every one for great info and support. I found this forum couple of days ago and It helped a lot to recheck every thing before submitting the application last minute.
I didn’t get the invitation email and I used the reminder email with my name on it.
Here is my info
Province: ON
Parents country: Pakistan
Application sent: May 22,2018
Application received: May 24,2018
Signature person: SCI SCHUITEBOER
Please add me to the timeline sheet.
Thanks

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Guys,
So I could not bear the anxiety of waiting to receive the AOR or wondering if my application is received, I decided to call the IRCC and after about 45 minutes on hold, I was able to speak to an agent.
They have received my application, everything is intact and he told me that from the notes on my file, it seems the application is completed, nothing is missing. What a relief!!!
He also advised me that at this point, he does not know when the AOR will be sent out to... So my guess (still) will be soon sometimes after the deadline of 25 May...
He also advised me that, once they enter/register your application in their system, you will be issued a "File number" and by then, the AOR will be sent out with this File number, and you will be able to track your progress from the online website.
So guys, if you are wondering like myself, spare about 1 hour to call the IRCC to know if your application is received!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
So guys, if you are wondering like myself, spare about 1 hour to call the IRCC to know if your application is received!
Why increase the already not that small load on the call center with such a relatively useless inquiries? It is just making harder for the people with the real issues. Just have some patience and monitor the thread. If you don't get AOR when everyone does, then you should start worrying.

kks123

Sep 23, 2015
Hi,

Could you please add me to the timeline sheet at your earliest convenience? Thanks.

Invitation Received: 19th March 2018
Application Sent by Canada post: 20th April 2018
Application Delivered: 23rd April 2018
Parent Country: China
Province: BC

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Why increase the already not that small load on the call center with such a relatively useless inquiries? It is just making harder for the people with the real issues. Just have some patience and monitor the thread. If you don't get AOR when everyone does, then you should start worrying.
The call was made about 10 days ago... I imagine if IRCC did not receive my application, I would have enough time to resend it again to ensure they have it. I have been waiting for this moment a long time ago and could not bear the idea that due to some "incident" at the Canada Post, my application is never received, and I would miss this chance because I did not call to check...
I am aware of the volume the call center receives but that is exactly our leaders/executives have promised to invest more to ensure it is a smooth process, ain't they?

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi Guys,
So I could not bear the anxiety of waiting to receive the AOR or wondering if my application is received, I decided to call the IRCC and after about 45 minutes on hold, I was able to speak to an agent.
They have received my application, everything is intact and he told me that from the notes on my file, it seems the application is completed, nothing is missing. What a relief!!!
He also advised me that at this point, he does not know when the AOR will be sent out to... So my guess (still) will be soon sometimes after the deadline of 25 May...
He also advised me that, once they enter/register your application in their system, you will be issued a "File number" and by then, the AOR will be sent out with this File number, and you will be able to track your progress from the online website.
Thanks for sharing just a quick question, when you submitted your application.

MasterGeek

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2012
AOR Received.
24-05-2012
Med's Request
24-05-2012
Med's Done....
30-05-2012
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
August 2013
I sent my application to sponsor my mother today but I just realized that I forgot to include the invitation letter with barcode that notifies that I was selected in the draw for sponsoring.

Is it bad ? What can I do to avoid they return my application ?

Thanks