+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,
Can I please check if I had to provide my parent's medical exam and PCC with the application package?
According to the cic website:
"All of the information on your application must be true. You must list all your family members. The person you’re sponsoring must submit for each of their family members’:
  • medical exams
  • security checks
  • criminality checks"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html
Those are not required at this stage.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hi,

I have sent my application package to the mississauga address instead ottawa. will that impact -mean accept or not? Please advise.

regards
priya
Similar was the situation for on of the other forum members. After realizing that his lawyer mailed his documents to Mississauga, he phoned IRCC and explained them what happened. IRCC informed him that they will notify Mississauga office and he doesn't have to worry. I will suggest you to do the same.

Reactions: iengineer86

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
Guys, I need your help!

I applied for my parents sponsorship and have send the documents on 22nd May i.e. yesterday via UP (thinking that it will be faster than Canada post)

CPC-M-PGP
PO Box 8020 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON
K1G 3H6

While I was tracking the shipment the UPS site said:

YOUR PACKAGE CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO A P.O. BOX. WE'RE ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN AN ALTERNATE DELIVERY ADDRESS. / THE ADDRESS WAS CORRECTED.

So I called them an asked about this correction. UPS said that they cannot deliver to P.O.BOX ( I wish I knew about this before) so they have obtained the physical address and corrected it.
It will be delivered tomorrow. When I asked her about the physical address, the agent refused to disclose due to confidentiality reasons. My concern is if the physical address is correct?

Does anyone know the physical address of Ottawa for parent sponsorship?

Any help is appreciated.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Was anyone able to check their status online prior to receiving the AOR? whats the possibility to link the application online prior to AOR ?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Lucky-2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Guys, I need your help!

I applied for my parents sponsorship and have send the documents on 22nd May i.e. yesterday via UP (thinking that it will be faster than Canada post)

CPC-M-PGP
PO Box 8020 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON
K1G 3H6

YOUR PACKAGE CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO A P.O. BOX. WE'RE ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN AN ALTERNATE DELIVERY ADDRESS. / THE ADDRESS WAS CORRECTED.

So I called them an asked about this correction. UPS said that they cannot deliver to P.O.BOX ( I wish I knew about this before) so they have obtained the physical address and corrected it.
It will be delivered tomorrow. When I asked her about the physical address, the agent refused to disclose due to confidentiality reasons. My concern is if the physical address is correct?

Any help is appreciated.
Sorry to hear that! At first place UPS shouldn't have accepted the package. In my case, when I went to a courier company and they saw the PO Box address, they refused right away. Courier company said that they do not have access to PO Box addresses, only Canada Post has.

Once UPS claims that they have delivered the package, make sure you retrieve the delivery certificate copy and also drill UPS to get the details of the alternate address so that down the road if ever needed, you have the evidence that the application was delivered to IRCC.
Good Luck!

Lucky-2018

May 22, 2018
My application was received in Ottawa on April 19. I have received so far 2 reminder emails from IRCC
However, I have not received any AoR yet. I guess IRCC will be issuing a mass of AoR sometimes after the deadline has passed May 25 and we all would receive it.
As for the online tool, I think you need to wait for the AOR because by then, your application will be entered into the system and you will get a "File number" or "application number". Only then, you will be able to see the status online, but that is my opinion
hopefully that is the case! I got reminder email as well.

Lucky-2018

May 22, 2018
Was anyone able to check their status online prior to receiving the AOR? whats the possibility to link the application online prior to AOR ?

Thanks in advance
Same question, I heard someone was able to link the application before the AoR. Anyone???

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Guys, I need your help!

CPC-M-PGP
PO Box 8020 STN T CSC
OTTAWA ON
K1G 3H6

Any help is appreciated.
Hello,

Try talking to management in UPS and tell them that you will take legal action if you are not provided with the sufficient information and see if they can provide you something in writing saying something about the package and where it was originally sent and when it was supposed to reached and now where it is sent etc.. So that you have some solid proof in case you have to provide something to immigration.
But I hope there are still 2 days and your application will be delivered on time.
Good Luck,

Reactions: gst8486

cnonline

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on May 23, 2013. Received by CIC on May 28, 2013
AOR Received.
CPPO does not send
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Aug 16, 2013 (@ time of PER)
Med's Request
Nov 13, 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 21, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 23, 2013. PP sent on Dec 30, 2013, received by CPPO on Jan 6, 2014.
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2013 --- Valid until Dec 5, 2014.
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
I tried all possible options
DOB / Passport # / Family Name but no luck so far.

@screech339 @qorax any idea ?

Thanks
You cannot link your application unless they have started processing it and it is in their ECAS system. Example: So if they started processing it today and updated their ECAS by end of today, you should be able to link your application tomorrow morning. The AOR may be sent to you later, may be in batches who knows.

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
Hello,

Try talking to management in UPS and tell them that you will take legal action if you are not provided with the sufficient information and see if they can provide you something in writing saying something about the package and where it was originally sent and when it was supposed to reached and now where it is sent etc.. So that you have some solid proof in case you have to provide something to immigration.
But I hope there are still 2 days and your application will be delivered on time.
Good Luck,
Thank you so much for your reply. I am going to the UPS office now and will try to get all the information.
They should have not taken my package if they cannot deliver to a P.O.Box and atleast had the courtesy to provide me the alternate physical address, so that I can confirm it is the correct one.

I've also raised an incident by going to the web form, lets see what they have to say.

Reactions: iengineer86

funki77

Mar 26, 2012
Sorry to hear that! At first place UPS shouldn't have accepted the package. In my case, when I went to a courier company and they saw the PO Box address, they refused right away. Courier company said that they do not have access to PO Box addresses, only Canada Post has.

Once UPS claims that they have delivered the package, make sure you retrieve the delivery certificate copy and also drill UPS to get the details of the alternate address so that down the road if ever needed, you have the evidence that the application was delivered to IRCC.
Good Luck!
Thank you. Good Idea to get a delivery certificate.

Reactions: gst8486

ghsj

Sep 19, 2016
Hello admin,

Can you please add me to the tracker list:

Invitation letter: March 20, 2018
City: Edmonton, AB
Parents country of Citizenship: Indonesia
Application sent: May 22, 2018
Application received in Ottawa: May 23, 2018
Signed by: SCI SCHUITEBOER

Thank you!