+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
IMM1344 (Application To Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement, And Undertaking)
Question #1: If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

And then there are the following two checkboxes.

Checkbox #1: Withdraw your sponsorship application
Checkbox #2: Proceed with the application for permanent residence

Does it really matter which checkbox is selected? My sponsored person has selected the second checkbox (i.e. Proceed with the application for permanent residence). Do you think I can submit the application with the second checkbox selected?

Please advise.
You are going to pick the first checkBOX i.e. Withdraw your sponsorship application.
The second option is for applications under humanitarian and compassion stream.

Last edited:

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I'm not an expert at this. Honestly, I would have the same problem, because I asked my parents to only courier the pages that need to be signed. Rest I printed here. But after reading your reply, it got me thinking. Now I'm asking them to courier entire forms, rather than just the pages to sign .. so it is consistent.

Although I wouldn't think that IRCC will be that picky. If they were, they would've stated so in the guide. But best to minimize risk.

Please remember, any advice on this forum is "use at your own risk".
IRCC could nail an application if they found that the application was not signed as entire. Be careful!

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
IRCC could nail an application if they found that the application was not signed as entire. Be careful!
Yeah, well now my parents are sending all the forms.

But someone here just confirmed they got AOR, despite the signature page being different in size and quality from the rest of the pages.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Yeah, well now my parents are sending all the forms.

But someone here just confirmed they got AOR, despite the signature page being different in size and quality from the rest of the pages.
I think it's good that you got your parents to send you the full package with signature.

And receipt of AOR is just a confirmation that IRCC has received the application, it doesn't mean that application processing has started. I have heard the cases where applications were caught having a form with different paper quality/ size (the signature page paper was different from rest). I didn't hear what happened after that, but why take that much risk after putting that much effort.

And in principle, it's not right too, if someone is signing a document, it means that the document has been read reviewed by the signing person.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: razerblade

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Oh I remember there are some debates about this topic and what's not... As someone from this forum states that there is nothing that the Govt can do to prevent those ineligible to throw their names in the lucky draw process... If you require IRCC to check for the proof of incomes, someone from this forum also don't think it's possible as it is resource intensive and the CIC cannot check all the NoAs. And someone from this forum said that, we can put the deposit requirement in place but then again, it will require some additional labor/resource to refund the money back to those are not selected...
So what to do now?
They are doing this labor intensive work to check income afterwards. I mean they have to do this at some stage either before or after lottery to check the income requirement. Fee is also not a bad idea atleast people will check and investigate before sending the application. Either its $25 (Non refundable) or $ 300 (adjustable). Current lottery system is getting abused badly IRCC should take some steps in future to get in quality application and eligible candidates at start of process.

Thanks

abhishekj

Jun 1, 2017
Hello,

I moved to Canada on PR with my family of 3 on October 2017. I started my full time job in January 2018. My uncle's son (cousin brother) is a citizen here in Canada. I want to call my parents as they are all alone back home. Can i call them on visit visa for 6 months ? if yes what is the procedure and if no, then by when i can apply ??

Can i use my brother's citizen status to call them here on visit visa

Thanks in advance

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
They are doing this labor intensive work to check income afterwards. I mean they have to do this at some stage either before or after lottery to check the income requirement. Fee is also not a bad idea atleast people will check and investigate before sending the application. Either its $25 (Non refundable) or $ 300 (adjustable). Current lottery system is getting abused badly IRCC should take some steps in future to get in quality application and eligible candidates at start of process.

Thanks
This whole lottery idea is flawed. If you get too many applications - just tighten up the requirements. But it really does not make sense to have some people to apply 3 times and loose and some to win at the very first time.

Reactions: nayr69sg

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hello,

I moved to Canada on PR with my family of 3 on October 2017. I started my full time job in January 2018. My uncle's son (cousin brother) is a citizen here in Canada. I want to call my parents as they are all alone back home. Can i call them on visit visa for 6 months ? if yes what is the procedure and if no, then by when i can apply ??

Can i use my brother's citizen status to call them here on visit visa

Thanks in advance
I am not 100 % sure on your question. Your uncle son is not your brother. He cant apply for your parents neither he can be you co signer. You have to wait 3 more years.

Good luck

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011

Thanks

Problem is that some elements in government and few Canadians, consider parents as burdens on the system, they totally ignore the social and economical benefit of parents to the Canadians who want to bring their parents; that's why no one was taking it seriously from long time. Now government has started putting some resources in IRCC to get the processing time lowered (which has happened) but YES, they should fix the flawed and naïve lottery system.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Problem is that some elements in government and few Canadians, consider parents as burdens on the system, they totally ignore the social and economical benefit of parents to the Canadians who want to bring their parents; that's why no one was taking it seriously from long time. Now government has started putting some resources in IRCC to get the processing time lowered (which has happened) but YES, they should fix the flawed and naïve lottery system.
This has been argued before. Most here disagree and say there is negligible social and economic benefit.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I think it's good that you got your parents to send you the full package with signature.

And receipt of AOR is just a confirmation that IRCC has received the application, it doesn't mean that application processing has started. I have heard the cases where applications were caught having a form with different paper quality/ size (the signature page paper was different from rest). I didn't hear what happened after that, but why take that much risk after putting that much effort.

And in principle, it's not right too, if someone is signing a document, it means that the document has been read reviewed by the signing person.

Good luck!
I agree. Thanks for the information! Glad I asked them to mail the complete package.

Reactions: gst8486

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
The local magistrate from where your parents will be getting their affidavit done, will have a standard format for the purpose, but make sure the affidavit has their passport numbers (in bracket in front of their names) and its worth to add a statement saying 'Also, In our passports under spouse section, we have been listed as spouse of each other'. Also make sure the marriage date mentioned in the affidavit matches with the one mentioned in the application.

I think the birth certificate related affidavit has to be submitted by both you and your parents. I am not sure though, but to keep it on safe side, it won't be a bad idea to have two affidavits for that purpose. Make sure the birth certificate related affidavit mentions about your date of birth in your education credentials and your passport.
Thanks gst8486

Reactions: gst8486

mrsamsumi

Apr 11, 2018
Hello, i got some really good feedback on application, so hoping i can get further feedback on the same.

My brother is a type c dependent because of his physical disability. Is IMM 0008 form (Generic application) the only place where principal applicant (my father) would put him as type C dependent? I have checked everything, and no other forms are asking about it. Even IMM0008 form doesn't have a space to explain why i believe he's a type C dependent.

- in IMM5669 background declaration, should i say "Yes" for the question "had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?". I am just not sure if Physical disability = physical disorder.
- Have I missed mentioning about his dependency in any other form?
- Should i add an additional letter explaining why he's a type C dependent? and what documents should I add for this?

Thanks, really appreciate any feedback i can get on this.

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For documents that are translated outside of Canada, does the translator need to submit and affidavit and have it notarized in their respective country?