Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
  • An affidavit will be required to address the item 4. Also, prepare and attach an explanation letter with full details of your scenario. Though if you can get a birth certificate done from the local authorities within a week or so, you should try that too.
  • For item 6, you will need an affidavit for this too. Make sure marriage date of your parents mentioned in the affidavit is similar to the one mentioned in the application forms. Provide an explanation letter explaining why you couldn't provide marriage certificate of your parents and you are providing an affidavit as an substitute to the requirement of providing a marriage certificate.
I will recommend you to provide the original copies of affidavits to IRCC, but make sure you keep a photocopy of affidavits with you.
Hi gst8486,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you give me (just an) idea for the content of affidavit for my birth certificate and also marriage certificate for my parents.

My Birth certificate related affidavit will be furnished my me (sponsor), is that correct?
and should my parents furnish one affidavit or they both should prepare their separate affidavits.

Thanks in Advance

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
Hi All,

I have a question on PR Application for my mother-in-law

We don't have date of birth for my mother-in-law's parents, should we put * in the dob field?

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
IMM1344 (Application To Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement, And Undertaking)
Question #1: If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

And then there are the following two checkboxes.

Checkbox #1: Withdraw your sponsorship application
Checkbox #2: Proceed with the application for permanent residence

Does it really matter which checkbox is selected? My sponsored person has selected the second checkbox (i.e. Proceed with the application for permanent residence). Do you think I can submit the application with the second checkbox selected?

Please advise.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Also
Yes, put the expected date of departure. If you do not have their departure tickets booked, To keep it on safe side put the date as per their expected departure date e.g. if your parents came on visitor visa, the are suppose to leave canada before the 6 months, so if your parents came on Jan 01 you should put June 30, 2018

For UCI, I know that lots of people are choosing to leave it empty, but if you read the Guide 5772, it is mentioned for Question 1. of Background declaration form 'If this is your first time dealing with IRCC, you will not have a UCI'. To my understanding, this statement implies that if you have dealt with IRCC in the past you have to provide UCI. In your case you have dealt with IRCC for your parents visitor or super visa, you should have a UCI on their visa stamp.
Read the below: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2018.513951/page-109#post-6838178

Yes, for current mailing and residence address you are putting the Canadian address. Whenever they go back home, you will be required to update their mailing and residence address.
Thank you very much for your response!
I am planning to use Jan 2019 date as they are on super visa and can stay up to 2 years at a stretch. I will now add UCI numbers to their applications.

I think i am in the final stage of having all the forms completed. Only issue is that i have some date of birth and address unknown in Additional Family Information form. What do you suggest me to put if my parents don't their parents DOB but they do know their date of death.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
IMM1344 (Application To Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement, And Undertaking)
Question #1: If you are found ineligible to sponsor, indicate whether you want to:

And then there are the following two checkboxes.

Checkbox #1: Withdraw your sponsorship application
Checkbox #2: Proceed with the application for permanent residence

Does it really matter which checkbox is selected? My sponsored person has selected the second checkbox (i.e. Proceed with the application for permanent residence). Do you think I can submit the application with the second checkbox selected?

Please advise.
It matters. You can submit it, however if you're found ineligible then none of your fees will be refunded.

The second option is if you know you don't qualify, yet still want to make a case on Humanitarian or Compassionate grounds like war in home country etc. I think your application will be forwarded to a Citizenship judge, should you be found ineligible.

From the guide,

Question 1

Check one box to indicate how you wish to proceed if you do not meet the sponsorship requirements.

• If you check the box to withdraw your sponsorship application then
    • the sponsorship application will not be processed. All fees will be refunded, except for the $75 sponsorship fee.
  • If you check the box to proceed with the application for permanent residence then
    • the sponsorship application will be refused. None of the fees will be refunded.
Note: Check “proceed with the application for permanent residence” if you submit an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations.

Apr 26, 2018
I had a mistake with my mother (principal applicant) email address in additional information. Question is email address is a mandatory? Or i need to sign it again the form (additional family information)? Pls help

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
It matters. You can submit it, however if you're found ineligible then none of your fees will be refunded.

The second option is if you know you don't qualify, yet still want to make a case on Humanitarian or Compassionate grounds like war in home country etc. I think your application will be forwarded to a Citizenship judge, should you be found ineligible.

From the guide,

Question 1

Check one box to indicate how you wish to proceed if you do not meet the sponsorship requirements.

• If you check the box to withdraw your sponsorship application then
    • the sponsorship application will not be processed. All fees will be refunded, except for the $75 sponsorship fee.
  • If you check the box to proceed with the application for permanent residence then
    • the sponsorship application will be refused. None of the fees will be refunded.
Note: Check “proceed with the application for permanent residence” if you submit an undertaking of assistance to support the permanent residence application of a family member or close relative on Humanitarian and compassionate considerations.
Thanks razerblade. I can correct and reprint that page, but the pages my mother signed and sent to me are different in quality and size. They use A4 size paper in that part of the world and here we have letter size. Even the printing quality of her forms is different as compared to the documents I printed here. So if I correct and reprint, my page will have a different size, page quality, and printing quality as compared to the rest of the pages in the forms. Would you please have a suggestion for me? Do you think IRCC staff will be so picky about the paper size and quality etc?

Second option is that I send the form as is (i.e. with the second checkbox selected). I meet the income requirements so I have a good feeling that I will be eligible. Your thoughts?

molio160

Apr 26, 2018
Hi All,

Could you please help on the below as i am just started my applications for parents sponsorship. Kindly help.

1) Do i need to submit two forms of imm1344e (Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement undertaking) as i am filling for my father and mother. i hope father is principal applicant and my mother is his dependent.
2) in imm0008 form, do i need to add my mother as dependent in my father's form and vice versa ( both are part of application)
3) in imm0008 form, do i need to add my sisters as dependent where they are not part of application and both are older 30+.
4) in imm0008 form, what will be intended occupation and current occupation as my father is retired and not going to work in canada.
5) Also, Do i need to any other additional forms other than imm1344e, imm00008, imm 5669 and imm5406 form to get it originally signed by my father and mother

Please help!!!

ekansh

Dec 23, 2014
Hi
I ( I have PR) am applying for my dad and mom under parents sponsor program . I have a question from the form
IMM 0008 (needs to be filled by my Dad as he is the principal applicant)

Q 3: How many family members including you are in this application .

Here "you" implies my dad and from my Dad's prescriptive his family contain :
His spouse ( my mom), his son ( myself ) and his daughter ( my sister who is 30 year old)

I am not sponsoring my sister. She wouldn't be accompanying my parents .

Given this information the answer to question 3 should be : 2 Mom and dad OR 3 ( mom , dad and my sister)

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is your brother a Dependent, i.e is he 22 year old or under? If that's the case then you have to put 3 in Q3 of IMM 0008 and Q3A of IMM 5768.

But he is over 22 year old age, in generic application you are going to put 2 as the number of family member Q3 of IMM 0008 and Q3A of 5768. That's because your brother's is not a dependent, his name will not be included in the Generic Application form.

Good Luck!
The dependent age is under 22. A person who is 22 years old or older is not a dependent.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi I am just wondering whether I can sponsor my mom only. My dad is too weak to come here. I have been invited to apply for my parents. Dad's physical condition is such that he can not even travel more than a km.
Unless your parents are divorced, no, you cannot exclude your dad. If he can't pass the medical, your mother will not be approved.

molio160

Apr 26, 2018
Hi All,

Could you please help on the below as i am just started my applications for parents sponsorship. Kindly help.

1) Do i need to submit two forms of imm1344e (Application to sponsor, sponsorship agreement undertaking) as i am filling for my father and mother. father is principal applicant and my mother is his dependent.
2) in imm0008 form, do i need to add my mother as dependent in my father's form and vice versa ( both are part of application)
3) in imm0008 form, do i need to add my sisters as dependent to my parents where they are not part of PR application as both are 30+ old.
4) in imm0008 form, what will be intended occupation and current occupation as my father is retired and not going to work in canada.

Please help!!!
Can any one please help me.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks razerblade. I can correct and reprint that page, but the pages my mother signed and sent to me are different in quality and size. They use A4 size paper in that part of the world and here we have letter size. Even the printing quality of her forms is different as compared to the documents I printed here. So if I correct and reprint, my page will have a different size, page quality, and printing quality as compared to the rest of the pages in the forms. Would you please have a suggestion for me? Do you think IRCC staff will be so picky about the paper size and quality etc?

Second option is that I send the form as is (i.e. with the second checkbox selected). I meet the income requirements so I have a good feeling that I will be eligible. Your thoughts?
I'm not an expert at this. Honestly, I would have the same problem, because I asked my parents to only courier the pages that need to be signed. Rest I printed here. But after reading your reply, it got me thinking. Now I'm asking them to courier entire forms, rather than just the pages to sign .. so it is consistent.

Although I wouldn't think that IRCC will be that picky. If they were, they would've stated so in the guide. But best to minimize risk.

Please remember, any advice on this forum is "use at your own risk".