+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi All:
I am new to this particular forum (am part of the PGP 2019 forum, since I sponsored my Mom only last year), but I had a unique question so thought I would post here.
My mom has also been sponsored by my brother for a US Green Card. She got approved last year, made her US entry in May 2019. Subsequently she also got her Canadian immigration sponsorship (which I am sponsoring) approved, we are at PPR stage for that.

My brother in the US says that if the US immigration authorities see she has also applied for Canadian PR they may likely cancel her green card. Basically it shows intent to immigrate to another country.

Question --> Has any one on this forum also sponsored their parents (through another sibling) for US immigration? If so, and if both were approved (US & Canada sponsorships), was there any problem on the US side?
Reason for asking is that my mom will have to go back and forth from US to Canada as she fulfils her residency requirements (3 out of 5 years to get citizenship in both countries). In one of these border crossings, if US immigration flags the Canadian immigration as a problem, then they may cancel her green card....
I don't know the US green card rules but based on what you said, you are milking the system really well. Continue until you get caught I guess and if you don't get caught then enjoy it.

Jitupatel04

Dec 10, 2018
Permanent Residence (Outside Canada )
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 11, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 1, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on October 1, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received. (This was updated on 3-3-2020)
Now How long I have to wait ....please anyone reply

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Permanent Residence (Outside Canada )
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 11, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 11, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 1, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on October 1, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. Medical results have been received. (This was updated on 3-3-2020)
Now How long I have to wait ....please anyone reply
No one can speculate. Why don't send a webform?

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi there.i sponsored my parents.they landed on july 19th this year.my father got his PR card in 4 weeks in mail.my mother did not.is it something to worry. As it was one application, same day they landed canada together.but only one got PR card mailed.which humber to call/contact if anyone else had same issue

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there.i sponsored my parents.they landed on july 19th this year.my father got his PR card in 4 weeks in mail.my mother did not.is it something to worry. As it was one application, same day they landed canada together.but only one got PR card mailed.which humber to call/contact if anyone else had same issue
No, nothing to worry about. I suggest wait a little longer because covid is slowing many things. There should be a telephone number at the back of your father's card or inside the envelope.

Reactions: disaster

mycanada15

Dec 11, 2021
Yulia-2016 thanks for your help..

One question about Financial Evaluation for Parents And Grandparents Sponsorship - IMM 5768.
My wife is not cosigner, but she is employed.
Therefore,
  • I select No for Question 1A) Is your spouse or common-law partner co-signing the undertaking?
  • I selected Employed as she is for Question 15) Your spouse's / common law partner's current situation?
Now should I select anything for Q 16-Co-signer - Statement of Consent and do I need to enter anything for her employment in Q17.
SHE IS NOT A CO-SIGNER

I Believe No. Want to hear views..
I am facing the same issue, can you please tell me what you did with Q16 and Q17? was there any issue with your application? please give feed back, you can email me at kpatel530@gmail.com
Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am facing the same issue, can you please tell me what you did with Q16 and Q17? was there any issue with your application? please give feed back, you can email me at kpatel530@gmail.com
Thank you
You responded to a post in 2017 and there might be changes in the form. Btw, do you remember what you did five years ago?

Avro

Jan 12, 2017
Hello guys,

I am posting this on Family Sponsorship 2017 because I am looking to get some answers from people who already went through the process and their Parents/Grandparents got their medical done.

My mom fought cancer about 2.5 years ago and has been in remission since then. She is doing great with God's grace but I am now sponsoring her under PGP 2019 program.

My questions are:
  • Did anyone had a similar case as mine where their family member fought cancer in last 5 years?
  • How did you parents/grandparents medical go?
  • Was it considered medically inadmissible based on the excessive demand?
I am really worried about our case and would like to get some motivation from other people whose parents/grandparents also fought cancer within last 5 years and successfully cleared medical?
Milan could you please let me know the outcome of your application, I'm in the same boat with my mother having Cancer history 3 yrs back. Everying normal now, currently got invited and applied for PGP 2023 program