+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Finally, i have received email to submit passports. It took exactly 2 years to process. That shows they take the processing times numbers very seriously best of luck to all who are still waiting.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Finally, i have received email to submit passports. It took exactly 2 years to process. That shows they take the processing times numbers very seriously best of luck to all who are still waiting.
Awesome! Great news.

Timing of 2 years just lines up coincidentally I believe. I have seen many ATIP notes and none ever mentions concern from any level of CIC that they care how long a case takes. There are two criteria for taking time seriously in any business that also applies to business of immigration (yes, business of immigration):

1- There must be incentive. Reps must be competing to finish cases faster by either being scared of audits (pay cuts) or bonuses (pay increases) OR other carrot/stick techniques. This will help at the micro level to keep things moving. Small payouts and pay cuts will keep small guys ( like case reps) in check.

2- There must be a financial recourse for those that get delayed. Big financial payouts and lawsuits should become law. Currently, you can win a case against CIC but can't get any financial remedy due to their action even though you were right and your time and money was wasted. You should be able to sue CIC for lost time, wages, emotional distress, punitive damages,...this, will keep things moving at macro level. Big payouts will keep the big fish in check (like the minister of immigration, his deputies, and the political parties).

Both above are lacking in this system so cases workout at slow turtle pace and finalize whenever the turtle reaches.

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Hi. I have question for applicants from Pakistan. They are asking to send passports to islamabad Visa office for Visa. Can we mail them the package (passports+PPRetc)? Or do we need to go there in person.(the VFSglobal website is confusing in this matter.
If anyone has done it ,please guide me. Going to visa office in person is difficult for my parents as they live far

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi. I have question for applicants from Pakistan. They are asking to send passports to islamabad Visa office for Visa. Can we mail them the package (passports+PPRetc)? Or do we need to go there in person.(the VFSglobal website is confusing in this matter.
If anyone has done it ,please guide me. Going to visa office in person is difficult for my parents as they live far
VFS has three locations in Pakistan. I think Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. Either one works. Lookup their website.

You can send passport (PPR is abbrivation for passport) with a representative or you can take it yourself.

If I am not wrong, you can also mail your passport and other documents needed to VFS Islamabad. Instructions for mailing is clearly noted on their website with documents needed to send and method of mailing and fees.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/

*Point to note, Islamabad Visa Office is not Canadian consulate or embassy but rather VFS Global branch in Islamabad. You can take this to any branch as well (Lahore or Karachi).

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
VFS has three locations in Pakistan. I think Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad. Either one works. Lookup their website.

You can send passport (PPR is abbrivation for passport) with a representative or you can take it yourself.

If I am not wrong, you can also mail your passport and other documents needed to VFS Islamabad. Instructions for mailing is clearly noted on their website with documents needed to send and method of mailing and fees.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/pakistan/

*Point to note, Islamabad Visa Office is not Canadian consulate or embassy but rather VFS Global branch in Islamabad. You can take this to any branch as well (Lahore or Karachi).

1. This is what is on VFS website. I guess we can go to Lahore Visa office to send Passports to Islamabad office. But to pick up, we have option of mailing back
    You can submit your passport:
    • In person – Bring your original passport, along with the passport request letter, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC).Submitting your passport at the Visa Application Centre can entail a service charge of Package Transmission.(See above)
    • Through an authorized representative - Send in your original passport, along with the pre-printed passport request letter and a duly filled VFS Global Consent Form for the authorized representative, to the Visa Application Centre. Submitting your passport at the Visa Application Centre can entail a service charge for Package Transmission fee.
    • For complete details on Visa Application Centre service charges please check Service and Service Charge Schedule

torontob

Aug 10, 2009

1. This is what is on VFS website. I guess we can go to Lahore Visa office to send Passports to Islamabad office. But to pick up, we have option of mailing back
    You can submit your passport:
    • In person – Bring your original passport, along with the passport request letter, to the Visa Application Centre (VAC).Submitting your passport at the Visa Application Centre can entail a service charge of Package Transmission.(See above)
    • Through an authorized representative - Send in your original passport, along with the pre-printed passport request letter and a duly filled VFS Global Consent Form for the authorized representative, to the Visa Application Centre. Submitting your passport at the Visa Application Centre can entail a service charge for Package Transmission fee.
    • For complete details on Visa Application Centre service charges please check Service and Service Charge Schedule
Yes, you can go there and simply seek the information you need at the center. They have all the forms, take pictures, have computers on site, and printers...(please call them to check they have the facilities you needed). But most importantly they have people who will guide you so you will be in good hands. You will have to prepare the package like they say so you will not go wrong.

disaster

Star Member
Jul 13, 2012
Yes, you can go there and simply seek the information you need at the center. They have all the forms, take pictures, have computers on site, and printers...(please call them to check they have the facilities you needed). But most importantly they have people who will guide you so you will be in good hands. You will have to prepare the package like they say so you will not go wrong.
Yes.i got reply from them. Form/PP has to be submitted in person at any of the 3 visa offices in Pakistan. But by paying 3000 Rs. ,they have the option to mail back.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
MYCIC status updated to application approved with counterfoil numbers and info below. Still waiting for tracker to be updated

Reactions: torontob

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
hi @minsky just saw your case on this thread.
My parent also has a M5 on GCMS note, and it's been 4 months.
Have you heard anything yet?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
MYCIC status updated to application approved with counterfoil numbers and info below. Still waiting for tracker to be updated
If this is Islamabad VAC go ahead and pick it up today as you will receive a message later today to pickup even if you haven't received it. PPR travels fast. If this is Lahore / Karache maybe another day I would say.

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
If this is Islamabad VAC go ahead and pick it up today as you will receive a message later today to pickup even if you haven't received it. PPR travels fast. If this is Lahore / Karache maybe another day I would say.
its actually ottawa as my parents are living here in toronto

Danaan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Virginia, USA
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
We have received request for passports (or passport photocopies in our case) and sent in the package. Waiting for response. This will be just over two years processing time.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
hi @minsky just saw your case on this thread.
My parent also has a M5 on GCMS note, and it's been 4 months.
Have you heard anything yet?
hi
we haven't heard anything yet last time we order ATIP - Oct 2019 still the same info from what we got in September 2019

we follow up but no reply yet