+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Update:
Passport sent thru VFS - ISB on Oct 30 and received with visa Nov 8, so one week in total from sending passport to receiving it back
Good Luck guys.
Can you please update the following:
- Date of medical passed
- Date of Background Check Processing started

April 04, 2018 they requested IME from you and Oct 27th you had pre-arrival so the gap in between is missing info for your excel sheet.

Thanks,

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
Hi
I applied for my parents but mother passed away.
My father is primary applicant.
Timeline is as follows:
1. Application received August 2,2017
2. Processing application May 16,2018
3. Medical instruction request sent May 16,2018
4. Medical has been received since August 2018
No update since then

Should I contact CIC for update?

It is so much frustration.

Last edited:

kevin.pete

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
You are threading in uncharted territories. If CIC was a customer eccentric organization these questions would be very easy to answer. With absolutely no line of communication or any intelligent beings at CIC :) I doubt you will find the exact answer but you can try your luck.

Doesn't india simply stamp the passport that it's renewed or do they issue a new passport? if so, then visa must be done again I think...who know. What I suggested is your best bet I still think.
You are right! I have been struggling to get a reliable answer. India does issue a new passport and cancel the old one but the valid visas are not cancelled

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi
I applied for my parents but mother passed away.
My father is primary applicant.
Timeline is as follows:
1. Application received August 2,2017
2. Processing application May 16,2018
3. Medical instruction request sent May 16,2018
4. Medical has been received since August 2018
No update since then

Should I contact CIC for update?

It is so much frustration.
oh dear, I'm so sad :(
yes, you need to inform them and send death certificate, you will get refund for mom :(

Famunion

Nov 7, 2018
oh dear, I'm so sad :(
yes, you need to inform them and send death certificate, you will get refund for mom :(
I informed them with Death certificate, also got the fee refunded.

Does any change in the file of sponsorship, makes your file move backwards.

I have Someone known who applied after me and the parent got the Permanent Residency Status in October 2018 ( The parent was in Canada since last 5 years- First on tourist visa later on Super visa)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I informed them with Death certificate, also got the fee refunded.

Does any change in the file of sponsorship, makes your file move backwards.

I have Someone known who applied after me and the parent got the Permanent Residency Status in October 2018 ( The parent was in Canada since last 5 years- First on tourist visa later on Super visa)
shouldn't be delay since dad is principal applicant

Bramptonian-1

Nov 2, 2018
You are threading in uncharted territories. If CIC was a customer eccentric organization these questions would be very easy to answer. With absolutely no line of communication or any intelligent beings at CIC :) I doubt you will find the exact answer but you can try your luck.

Doesn't india simply stamp the passport that it's renewed or do they issue a new passport? if so, then visa must be done again I think...who know. What I suggested is your best bet I still think.
My own experience from Pakistan when I was working in middle east, the old passport with a valid visa is returned to the applicant attached with the new passport. Check with your Embassy here and they can verify that.

Reactions: kevin.pete

preet8888

Jun 15, 2015
Usually CIC is insane and unpredictable, but could it be possible that your agent sent your receipt for another client application?
They are saying that they have not provided anyone else with my receipt. I am so amazed how Delhi Immigration can pull out the receipt from my file and use it for someone else. Is it even possible to be so dumb? ughhh...

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
They are saying that they have not provided anyone else with my receipt. I am so amazed how Delhi Immigration can pull out the receipt from my file and use it for someone else. Is it even possible to be so dumb? ughhh...
If they have not provided your receipt to someone else. Then where did it go and why is it associated to another file?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
If dumb is measured by oversight and repeating requests for apperwork already on file then CIC is the dumbest organization in Canada.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hello there,

Please see the notes from ecas. Until yesterday, the status was until "4. Medical results have been received.". Today I noticed a new line item 4 requesting information requested. The letter requested police certificates and medicals.We submitted police certificates in April and completed medicals. Should I contact IRCC to confirm what they want? Has anyone else faced this issues? Also, I wonder if they needed additional information, why they wouldn't put that as note 5?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 24, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 9, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello there,

Please see the notes from ecas. Until yesterday, the status was until "4. Medical results have been received.". Today I noticed a new line item 4 requesting information requested. The letter requested police certificates and medicals.We submitted police certificates in April and completed medicals. Should I contact IRCC to confirm what they want? Has anyone else faced this issues? Also, I wonder if they needed additional information, why they wouldn't put that as note 5?
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 24, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 9, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on April 9, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
I haven't seen this happen before BUT I can tell you not to worry about the order of 4 and 5. There is NO CASE MANAGER that cares and also those reps do not see what you see. Their visibility is different. So, this is a programming error as such is the other 100s of examples of the messed up system.

However, it is possible they lost the police paperwork and sent the generic letter even though they have medical on file and don't really need that. But who knows...

Send all you got with explanations.

P.S. I have seen this happen when people are late with giving medical exam. Were you late by a month or so? (Even so this should have appeared back then). On the bright side, maybe someone is working on your file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nightrocker