SA April 4, 2018
CSQ from Quebec Sept 17, 2018
Pre Arrival Letter issued Sept 29, 2018
Medical Request Oct 1st, 2018
PPR Oct 1st, 2018
Medical passed Oct 11, 2018
Passport and docs sent to VO: October 31, 2018
Decision made: November 7, 2018.

Thanks all for your help and Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Wow so fast. Congratulations!
HI there,
Update in my file. DECISION MADE today.

Here is my timeline
Parent's country: Togo
VO: Accra, Ghana
Application Received Oct 23, 2017.
AOR Dec 12, 2017
SA April 4, 2018
PPR Oct 1st, 2018

HI there,

Here is my timeline
AOR Dec 12, 2017
SA April 4, 2018
PPR Oct 1st, 2018

HI there,

Here is my timeline
AOR Dec 12, 2017
SA April 4, 2018
PPR Oct 1st, 2018

Did they ask you to send them CSQ? Or they notified your visa office by themselves?

amir_99

Nov 27, 2017
Can these users please update your excel sheet with up to date information? It seems like London doesn't have many files and they are even slower than NDVO:

amir_99
disaster
SAW_80
Ranjha808
ALM123
malik786
saddique
Nightrocker (they don't accept upfront IME in PGP applications)
swali2010
spartan84
Aug19_16
Pathfinder
qbsoha
hs202 /PARENTS/
PGP-2017
xaideez
Heard nothing from London Office till today.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Dear All,
Anyone here from 2nd round selected for PGP, Application approval sent to london for further process. What will be next step?
Some facts about London LVO:

1- London has been taking 3 to 7 months on average after medical received to process for Decision Made.
2- For 2018 applications (earliest received by London is June 2018) they have not processed AT ALL or requested medical which is a long time.
3- London has been faster at times and slower in other times of the year but a pattern shows thought it does look to be related to beginning of year or end of year thing. It's just that the lazy officers deal with things whenever they want.
4- London is sometimes TERTIARY LVO and not only secondary - (if we count Mississauga as first).

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello Friends, calling for help:

I have a question about passport validity. My parents got their immigrant visa stamped on 21-August-2018 at NDVO. Their passport expiry is 28-May-2019 and the visa is also valid until the same date. They are planning to come to Canada around end of March 2019. So when they fly to Canada, their passports validity will only be for two months. My plan is to get it renewed in Toronto after they land. However I have heard that the requirement is that the passport should be valid for minimum 6 months, if it is lesser, the immigration in India will not let you board the flight. Is that true? Would it cause any problems?

@YULIA-2016 I asked in the forum that you suggested but no response.
If you have time do it in India - why not?
If not, drop by airport and desk of the airline you like and the time you like to fly and ask the flight supervisor how they deal with those situations is the best thing because flight supervisor will refuse or agree to board you. India immigration only cares for India matters and not Canada.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
My timeline, but belong to long one I guess.

8-Aug-18 Pre-Arrival Letter
5-Nov-18 Got the Ready for Visa Email from CIC
Congrats.
That's way longer gap than others. But then again, I know first hand how much corruption was in embassies overseas and how they monkeyed around with paper files back in the days and change their priorities...

Reactions: Bingoye

Aug19-16

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hi There
We applied for our parent. Timeline on ECAS as follows
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 27, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 11, 2018.
  3. Medical results have been received.
and just today, status changed to DECISION MADE
any idea how long before we receive PPR ?
Update:
Passport sent thru VFS - ISB on Oct 30 and received with visa Nov 8, so one week in total from sending passport to receiving it back
Good Luck guys.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Some facts about London LVO:

1- London has been taking 3 to 7 months on average after medical received to process for Decision Made.
2- For 2018 applications (earliest received by London is June 2018) they have not processed AT ALL or requested medical which is a long time.
3- London has been faster at times and slower in other times of the year but a pattern shows thought it does look to be related to beginning of year or end of year thing. It's just that the lazy officers deal with things whenever they want.
4- London is sometimes TERTIARY LVO and not only secondary - (if we count Mississauga as first).
I can add that my LVO was Warsaw BUT London requested IME and gave me decision "Passed"
then Warsaw sent PPR

kevin.pete

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
If you have time do it in India - why not?
If not, drop by airport and desk of the airline you like and the time you like to fly and ask the flight supervisor how they deal with those situations is the best thing because flight supervisor will refuse or agree to board you. India immigration only cares for India matters and not Canada.
Canada isn’t a problem, India is. They most probably won’t allow them to leave unless passport is valid for 6 months. Sometimes you get away with it, most times you dont! My concern with renewing passports in India is that we will have to send the passports for restamping of visa and they also may reissue the COPR papers due to change in passport. This all can be time consuming. Do you know if they can just get new passports and travel with visas o their old passport?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I can add that my LVO was Warsaw BUT London requested IME and gave me decision "Passed"
then Warsaw sent PPR
Yeah, apparently, and also based on notes from new Procesing Times, they are sending applications to all over the place and that is why the new Processing Time doesn't show locations anymore. BUT, I have ATIP notes, where one LVO says this is a certain nationality application and sending to London LVO which I guess means some embassies still deal with national specific cases.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Canada isn’t a problem, India is. They most probably won’t allow them to leave unless passport is valid for 6 months. Sometimes you get away with it, most times you dont! My concern with renewing passports in India is that we will have to send the passports for restamping of visa and they also may reissue the COPR papers due to change in passport. This all can be time consuming. Do you know if they can just get new passports and travel with visas o their old passport?
You are threading in uncharted territories. If CIC was a customer eccentric organization these questions would be very easy to answer. With absolutely no line of communication or any intelligent beings at CIC :) I doubt you will find the exact answer but you can try your luck.

Doesn't india simply stamp the passport that it's renewed or do they issue a new passport? if so, then visa must be done again I think...who know. What I suggested is your best bet I still think.