+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Maria-87@

Aug 26, 2018
Hello everyone,Can you please help me to understand what’s happening to my application for sponsorship. I am checking the status on ONLINE TOOLS.. Application Received-November 30,2017. In December they requested Form “USE OF REPRESENTATIVES-which was finally sent to them.
“We started processing your Application-May 24,2018. The same status on PR card-IN PROCESS..And since then no emails/mails..I went through lots of answers in this thread and read that most of them got SA and following steps..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,Can you please help me to understand what’s happening to my application for sponsorship. I am checking the status on ONLINE TOOLS.. Application Received-November 30,2017. In December they requested Form “USE OF REPRESENTATIVES-which was finally sent to them.
“We started processing your Application-May 24,2018. The same status on PR card-IN PROCESS..And since then no emails/mails..I went through lots of answers in this thread and read that most of them got SA and following steps..
What is your question?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one can predict that to you. You have nothing to do, just wait for your turn. My application was approved since the 4th June and l didn't receive Medical request yet :rolleyes:
You will be a little close to final decision when the persons you sponsored receive passport request.

Maria-87@

Aug 26, 2018
No,nothing has been requested yet..The status IN PROCESS...My parents did background check (police certificate) and medical exam tests before I submitted all the paperwork and I also attached all this info as well.I was hoping that this somehow speed up the process since my parents got both police check and medical exam tests...I will wait...((((

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Not true. Only the PGP group have long waits. It is actually a HUGE privilege that canada still allows PGP to be included in a free healthcare system. If they did not then like the usa wait times for PGP will come down drastically.
You mean white privilege? lol
You won't find a psychologist who would suggest broken families will be better for a society or an economist to say that.

Healthcare is a political BS reason.

Administrative disorganization at embassies and CIC has nothing to do with healthcare system.

I want to know how one would feel if MTO delayed renewing their drivers license for months with erratic time frames and no support line. Is CIC a government entity just like MTO? Why can MTO be organized and not CIC?

Reactions: winningteam

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
No,nothing has been requested yet..The status IN PROCESS...My parents did background check (police certificate) and medical exam tests before I submitted all the paperwork and I also attached all this info as well.I was hoping that this somehow speed up the process since my parents got both police check and medical exam tests...I will wait...((((
so you just waist money and time, medical is valid 1 year and PCC is valid 6 mon
you cant do medical in advance since doctor need a form from IRCC

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Hello,
Quick question - For the Additional Family information form (IMM 5406) - Section A where the Principal applicant fills in information, for Mother section (my grandmother) is no more. So from drop down, select Married or Not applicable-deceased?

sha123456

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
unknown
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Congrats! I am in similar situation. Got selected in Aug1 second draw and my parents are here on visitor visa. I was confused about Current country of residence as well. Your post and responses have helped :) Did you end up getting an affidavit made for their marriage? I may need one too
hey, congrats on getting picked up. I ended up putting Canada as current country of residence. I got conflicting views from people on what to put. I had my sponsorship approval done and the file was transfered to London (where all Pakistani applications are transferred i think). So they took their address as the current address instead of being in Canada (where the file would have been sent within Canada, from what I understand).
They managed to get a marriage certificate from NADRA (an org in Pakistan that handles such things).

positiv1

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Hi guys,

I guess IRCC has no definite steps when they process our applications. It is really quite odd when they have just sent me the Sponsorship approval letter after nearly 2 months of showing decision made in ECAS(for sponsorship), and after all the request for PCC, travel history, and all other documents they've asked to be submitted. My parents background check even started July 25. Anyone have experienced this? With the increase of applications they are accepting for this year, I hope it will not result to a long backlog of applications.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi guys,

I guess IRCC has no definite steps when they process our applications. It is really quite odd when they have just sent me the Sponsorship approval letter after nearly 2 months of showing decision made in ECAS(for sponsorship), and after all the request for PCC, travel history, and all other documents they've asked to be submitted. My parents background check even started July 25. Anyone have experienced this? With the increase of applications they are accepting for this year, I hope it will not result to a long backlog of applications.
SURE will be effected if 20000 applications and 20000 visas/year
plus they didn't finish 2016 at least yet

Reactions: torontob

pkramsay

May 14, 2009
Yea. Correct.. still waiting for forms.. Do you know what will help us?
Hi Riya93,

Our Visa office is New Delhi and we have sent an email asking to them to re-send the documents by email and also sent the requested PCC in that email. We also submitted a IRCC Webform with the same information. We have not heard back from them.

What is your visa office?
Have you reached out to your visa office by email and have you received any further updates about the missing medical request forms?

Thanks!