+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

BySee

Jan 2, 2018
Hi guys,

I saw some of you have the question about the Criminal check. My mom got an email that she has to email the scanned documents back. On the IMM5562 form under the "dependent child 18 year old or older", does she need to fill those out if all of her children are over 18 yrs old and not dependent?

YRM

Oct 16, 2017
Hi all,
My parents live in Cuba and we were asked to provide Police Certificate , translated and arrived in Mexico office 30 days after original request. I asked for an extension of the deadline (granted), because the documents didn't arrive before the 30 days period. Now, I am close to the second deadline and still waiting for the documents to be ready. It is very frustrating.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
How do they deal with that? Would the application be in trouble ?
Thank you in advance,

Last edited:

harmol

Jul 25, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Let me give my brief introduction first.
I came to Canada in July 2016 as a Permanent Resident. I want to sponsor my parents here. But I have a doubt regarding the income requirement. As I came here is July 2016, my income for 2016 does not qualify for the year 2016 as per the
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#income
I wanted to know if my wife's income can be combined, since she has been here since 2013, and if we combine our income, we qualify the Minimum Income requirement. She is ready to become my co-applicant.
If this works, I will not have to wait for another 2 years to sponsor my parents.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi all,
My parents live in Cuba and we were asked to provide Police Certificate , translated and arrived in Mexico office 30 days after original request. I asked for an extension of the deadline (granted), because the documents didn't arrive before the 30 days period. Now, I am close to the second deadline and still waiting for the documents to be ready. It is very frustrating.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
How do they deal with that? Would the application be in trouble ?
Thank you in advance,
let them know, sure it delay your case only

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi Everyone,

Let me give my brief introduction first.
I came to Canada in July 2016 as a Permanent Resident. I want to sponsor my parents here. But I have a doubt regarding the income requirement. As I came here is July 2016, my income for 2016 does not qualify for the year 2016 as per the
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#income
I wanted to know if my wife's income can be combined, since she has been here since 2013, and if we combine our income, we qualify the Minimum Income requirement. She is ready to become my co-applicant.
If this works, I will not have to wait for another 2 years to sponsor my parents.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
yes you can combine incomes and apply

kouram1

Aug 23, 2018
Dear Members,
I've filed my parents (Father and Mother) application in December 2017 after I got the ITA from CIC. In May 2018, I received a reply from IRCC saying I didn't meet the eligibility requirement for minimum annual salary but requested me to wait till final decision made by IRCC officer then I will be given a chance to respond. However, my father passed away in June 2018, so, I amended my application with a death certificate and informing about one less dependent to support, also, adding my spouse as a co-signer for annual income support. I got a reply from IRCC that it will be reviewed in Delhi, India consulate. However, before it reaches them, I got a final decision made on my application by IRCC officer, rejected the application for annual income not met (most likely based on previous dependents and income). Asking me to submit for appeal request within 30 days. What should I do now? please advise and share your knowledge / expertise based on past experiences.

Dream big dream

May 1, 2017
Tonight you will get DM2

It depends VO. I have received this letter 3 times, still waiting. By the way, mine is HKVO.

I really don’t understand why the background check take so long. There r several 2018 applicants already got PR. and we r 2017 and 2016 still waiting. Is there anything we can do???

Last edited:

Aug 24, 2018
Hello all,

Selected for 2018 sponsorship, got a couple of a questions, hoping the senior member in this group can help out. Apologies if this has been asked already. I hope folks who have had this exact scenario or know someone in the same situation as me reply:

1) My parents are in Canada since early Feb '18. What should be their "Current country of residence" (question 10 on IMM008). Should it be Pakistan (their permanent residence) or Canada as they are physically here?
2) What if they dont have a marriage certificate? Cant the NIC/Passport/FRC [family registration certificate] be enough to prove that they are married?

Thanks
Congrats! I am in similar situation. Got selected in Aug1 second draw and my parents are here on visitor visa. I was confused about Current country of residence as well. Your post and responses have helped :) Did you end up getting an affidavit made for their marriage? I may need one too

kelvin417

Feb 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on the consequence if the cosigner withdraws on my application.

I sponsored my parent's immigration in 2017. When I applied last year, my 2014 salary was $3,000 below the three persons standard ($47,051), so I asked my girlfriend (common-law partner to) consign my parental sponsorship application for me, so we successfully submitted the application last year.

Things had gone well and fast since then, my parents took the physical exam two months ago, and we submitted the required additional materials (non-criminal records and travel records) recently. Unfortunately, my girlfriend broke up with me recently and now she wants to withdraw the cosigning of my application. She is giving me two weeks to solve the problem myself before she contacts the CIC to withdraw the consignment.
What makes it worths is that I was in the full-time study last year so not enough salary for 2017. If she withdraws my application, I have to wait for another three years to get the qualified salary before I can apply for sponsoring my parents again.

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on what I can do to save my current application. I have enough salary this year to sponsor my parents myself, but can I presume the immigration officer to continue my application?

Thanks a lot,

KL

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on the consequence if the cosigner withdraws on my application.

I sponsored my parent's immigration in 2017. When I applied last year, my 2014 salary was $3,000 below the three persons standard ($47,051), so I asked my girlfriend (common-law partner to) consign my parental sponsorship application for me, so we successfully submitted the application last year.

Things had gone well and fast since then, my parents took the physical exam two months ago, and we submitted the required additional materials (non-criminal records and travel records) recently. Unfortunately, my girlfriend broke up with me recently and now she wants to withdraw the cosigning of my application. She is giving me two weeks to solve the problem myself before she contacts the CIC to withdraw the consignment.
What makes it worths is that I was in the full-time study last year so not enough salary for 2017. If she withdraws my application, I have to wait for another three years to get the qualified salary before I can apply for sponsoring my parents again.

I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on what I can do to save my current application. I have enough salary this year to sponsor my parents myself, but can I presume the immigration officer to continue my application?

Thanks a lot,

KL
oh, yes its a risk to have a common-law, unfortunately its her right to withdrawal and you can do nothing except marry her ;)

Reactions: winningteam

kelvin417

Feb 14, 2018
oh, yes its a risk to have a common-law, unfortunately its her right to withdrawal and you can do nothing except marry her ;)
We had a stupid fight which caused her to break up with me, although I tried really hard to reconcile our relationship, she had decided to move on. Would hiring a lawyer make a difference in persuading the immigration officer? I have enough salary this year to continue my parents' application without her, would this make a difference? Thanks.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
We had a stupid fight which caused her to break up with me, although I tried really hard to reconcile our relationship, she had decided to move on. Would hiring a lawyer make a difference in persuading the immigration officer? I have enough salary this year to continue my parents' application without her, would this make a difference? Thanks.
so wait 2 more years since you need meet LICO last 3 years