+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
I know both parents must pass the medical , but after all is it possible to have just one of them landing to Canada in case another one is not interested at all? Anyone knows what would be the procedure?

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hello Shivani
Welcome to Canada.Here goes the answer to your question.
1.You need to be at least 4 years to be approved as sponsor for your parebts ir in laws.Parental sponsorship is now on lottery basis so you need to be selected once you meer the income.
2.For parental sponsorship it has to be your husband to sponsor your in laws.But you can be co signer to apply for them.
3.You guys can apply either super visa for them or visit visa.But it is better to go with supervisa for permanent basis.they can stay at a stretch for 2 years.
Thanks a lot! This helps :)

Dream big dream

May 1, 2017
Hi everyone.

I am from india and landed to Canada this year under spousal sponsership category.

I also want to sponsor my parents on PR and I read the 3 years income requirement.

Kindly guide me when can I sponsor my parents for super visa.

And what are the documents requirement from me and my parents aide for super visa.

Please guide me.

Thanks.
As far as I know, you are not eligible to sponsor your parents now since you are just being sponsored to Canada by your spouse. Please check CIC website for eligibility.

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
Hi everyone.

I am from india and landed to Canada this year under spousal sponsership category.

I also want to sponsor my parents on PR and I read the 3 years income requirement.

Kindly guide me when can I sponsor my parents for super visa.

And what are the documents requirement from me and my parents aide for super visa.

Please guide me.

Thanks.
You can apply if your spouse or common law partner meets the minimum income threshold for the last 3 years. They'd co-sign the application. Having said that, first step is to enter & win the PGP lottery. For your parents, the lottery entry needs to be in your name. Even if you meet the income requirements right away, you'd need to wait until January 2019 for the lottery.
Only if IRCC sticks with the lottery system next year. By then, the PGP application rules could change as well. Keep an eye on IRCC website to monitor changes.

Reactions: phsio jatti

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
It could probably be because of the workload and resources of each VO. Who knows.
Doesn't make sense given New Delhi was responding in weeks and now almost a year and no movement. I still think the new lottery system was nice for one year and the same old crappy slow system is back in for certain VOs and Ottawa.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I know both parents must pass the medical , but after all is it possible to have just one of them landing to Canada in case another one is not interested at all? Anyone knows what would be the procedure?
you should mention that to LVO since dock need to be in the right order and ask them to refund your money for 2nd parent

phsio jatti

Star Member
Sep 15, 2011
As far as I know, you are not eligible to sponsor your parents now since you are just being sponsored to Canada by your spouse. Please check CIC website for eligibility.
Hi, I know someone who came on spousal visa in oct and with her husband as co signer She applied for her parents in Jan n got selected so I guess u can apply too with ur husband As co-signer and you can always call cic and ask them.
Thank you

st17

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
you should mention that to LVO since dock need to be in the right order and ask them to refund your money for 2nd parent
Thanks Yulia
Would you happen to know in what stage LVO should be notified? Right after medical pass?
I thought one of parents can simply not coming and the issued visa gets expired after the time they provide for landing.

Shaikhzees

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Dear All,

I know there is now a raffle draw system. For which, you have to show your interest and just put in the names.
Then if you're lucky and your name has been pulled out, you have a window of some days/month in which you have to file in your complete application.

I also know about the LICO thing/minimum salary requirement for last 3 years, in order to be eligible to apply.

I just want to hear from somebody out there, who has done this process ON THEIR OWN.

My mother, who currently has a 10 year Visitor Visa (not Super Visa) for Canada.
Now, i want to apply for her Permanent Residency.

Kindly guide me through as to what docs you had assembled for the application. What hurdles you came across (if any). Fees, application number, time period, etc.

Also if there are any readers, who hired a consultant to do this work for them, kindly pitch in and guide us all, as to what paperwork/docs the consultant had asked for and went in with the actual application.

Thanks in advance.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Thanks Yulia
Would you happen to know in what stage LVO should be notified? Right after medical pass?
I thought one of parents can simply not coming and the issued visa gets expired after the time they provide for landing.
but why you need that if you can refund money... its not 1$, its 1000$
you can do before or after medical since both parents should pass it anyway

vinceyhb

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hello there,

Today i saw Decision Made under "Sponsorship Application Status" but there are no new information saying what decision it actually is if i click on it.
"Permanent Residence Application Status" changed to In Process.

Can anyone let me know what this means?

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello there,

Today i saw Decision Made under "Sponsorship Application Status" but there are no new information saying what decision it actually is if i click on it.

just wait a letter during the week

vinceyhb

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hello there,

Just received the email. Sponsorship application is approved. Local office is Ottawa.