+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2017

Bingoye

Star Member
Nov 17, 2016
Hey guys, some movement for 2017 2nd round again. I received an email at 2:20am today saying decision is made, and they start processing my parents application on march 08. Ecas is down for maintenance betwee 3-5am today so I am not able to check in there yet, but will share the info later today.

Not sure why it took 12 days for the email to be sent, but at least it’s a good news.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

May I know if you check your status using the link above?

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
I have question. I got an invitation today for 2018 for my Parents sponsorship. For the last three years I have Notice of Assessment with very good income as I was earning more than 100K. Since last Nov, I have been laid off and currently I am unemployed and on Employment Insurance and looking for new opportunity. My question is

If I declare unemployed in FINANCIAL EVALUATION Form, my application will be rejected ? Because currently, I am looking for a job and might be I will get a contract in next month or two.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

dahbour98

Mar 19, 2018
can i apply for PCC from now or i need to wait till they asked me for it , im asking because my father study , lived and worked in three different countries and it will take time to request from these three countries ??
what is the ruling of PCC , do they ask for the last 10 years or since the age of 18 Years old ( where he lived more than six months) ??

spy118

Feb 15, 2017
can i apply for PCC from now or i need to wait till they asked me for it , im asking because my father study , lived and worked in three different countries and it will take time to request from these three countries ??
what is the ruling of PCC , do they ask for the last 10 years or since the age of 18 Years old ( where he lived more than six months) ??
Generally PCC is valid for 6 months. Depending on the stage your application is at, it might expire by the time you're asked to submit.

The application doesn't ask specific details about the countries of stay beyond the last 10 years so it seem to be a grey area.
Common knowledge is that you need to provide for each country but I've seen cases where they asked only for the current country if the applicant is living there for more than 10 years. The request letter specifically mentioned the name of the current country although the applicant lived in multiple countries 25 years ago. I'd think it might vary from case to case so it'd be best to wait for the letter so you're sure what they actually need instead of wasting time in collecting unnecessary documents.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahbour98

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hey guys, can someone confirm if they submitted an affidavit instead of parent's marriage certificate and was it accepted ? Thank you

can123456

Nov 18, 2016
Hello please update my info. Medical and Police certificate requested on March 2, 2018. Thanks
Hi, can you please tell when did you apply and when your application was received? And which visa office?
My application was received on May 23, 2017 and after it was transferred to Visa office Ottawa (In June 2017) there has been no update.

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
Hi, can you please tell when did you apply and when your application was received? And which visa office?
My application was received on May 23, 2017 and after it was transferred to Visa office Ottawa (In June 2017) there has been no update.
as far as we know, there is no movement at Ottawa LVO. at all.....

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

I had a query.. it would mean a lot if someone could guide me.
My file is now in Singapore Visa Office from first week of December 2017 but in the ECAS it is showing PR application status: application received.

Is this okay? Is someone also in the same situation? Can you please tell me what is the next stage, police clearance/medical anything of that sort?

Thank you for your patience and time
Try to link your application, you sho
All,
I have question. I got an invitation today for 2018 for my Parents sponsorship. For the last three years I have Notice of Assessment with very good income as I was earning more than 100K. Since last Nov, I have been laid off and currently I am unemployed and on Employment Insurance and looking for new opportunity. My question is

If I declare unemployed in FINANCIAL EVALUATION Form, my application will be rejected ? Because currently, I am looking for a job and might be I will get a contract in next month or two.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
They don't care if you currently have a job or not, you don't even need to notify them about your unemployment status. They only care is last 3 years LICO, if your NOA for the last three years meets the requirement then you should be good. However it's a good idea to keep that income level during the process as they might randomly check your income anytime they want.

pgp2017

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
hello @YULIA-2016 please update my timeline:
Ecas shows DM : 20th of MArch (no email yet).

Also please update timeline for another user "cadcgy"
Ecas shows DM : 16th of MArch (no email yet).

rastamanforvere

Apr 27, 2016
hello @YULIA-2016 please update my timeline:
Ecas shows DM : 20th of MArch (no email yet).

Also please update timeline for another user "cadcgy"
Ecas shows DM : 16th of MArch (no email yet).
Mine Also started to show DM on 16th of March (and PR in progress). No email yet. Someone here was wondering how many days it take to get the email? Someone has idea?

Reactions: subtain